Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Apr 11, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #2,448 of 2,761
So far my only 'complaint' is the 'shoutiness'. Shoutiness, shoutiness go away and may you never come back to my ASG1s
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #2,450 of 2,761
So far my only 'complaint' is the 'shoutiness'. Shoutiness, shoutiness go away and may you never come back to my ASG1s
biggrin.gif

The mids dye down a lot dw :) I think it all adds to the magic in the end!

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #2,451 of 2,761
the shoutiness are now gone for me...i guess burn in does make a huge difference on the ASG-1. The usual EQ setting i had on J3 barely makes a difference now.

Quote:
The mids dye down a lot dw
smily_headphones1.gif
I think it all adds to the magic in the end!

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #2,452 of 2,761

Quote:
If you look down opening, isn't there a "port" (small drilled hole) right there? Or am I seeing something else?

I have no clue what your talking about.  There is no port on mine :p Unless you're talking about the AS-1b

Quote:
biggrin.gif

Burn in will help this out a bit...  Lots of burn in though.

Apr 11, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #2,453 of 2,761
Quote:
the shoutiness are now gone for me...i guess burn in does make a huge difference on the ASG-1. The usual EQ setting i had on J3 barely makes a difference now.

Switch the EQ off, you'll be pleasantly suprised, in my eyes burn ind turned them from fatiguing to bliss!

Apr 11, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #2,454 of 2,761
I have to be around 400 hours to 500 of listening and I don't notice the shout effect much at all any more. Contribute it to what you will but everyone will have a different degree of sensitivity to this so I'm curious to see how everyone's perception changes, or not, as they get really acclimated to these phones. Been listening to a lot of rock and it is really a bummer how poorly recorded many 90's alternative bands released their cd's. You can really hear it with these and have found myself listening to less of some of my favorite songs as they just don't sound special compared to other songs that the artist or studio put in a lot of effort to really record their tracks right. On a side note, if you like the John Butler trio, or want to hear a great live jam session, Ocean, live at Red Rocks. I just close my eyes and let it take me away. 

Apr 11, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #2,456 of 2,761

Quote:
yeah i switched it off now. Basically the sound has become what i wanted it to be.

I was getting so confused with all the people preferring EQ when they do marvels on there own! Glad to see that your enjoying them now that they're unEQed!

Apr 11, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #2,459 of 2,761
Quote:
I have to be around 400 hours to 500 of listening and I don't notice the shout effect much at all any more. Contribute it to what you will but everyone will have a different degree of sensitivity to this so I'm curious to see how everyone's perception changes, or not, as they get really acclimated to these phones.

I'll play devil as I see a lot of people stating that the 1kHz shoutiness has calmed down from prolonged burn-in.
My ASG-1 have passed the 200 hours of burn-in, and I alternated between ASG-1 and SE535Ltd to avoid potential "brain burn-in".

To be frank, what I expected happened: bass came out of the box, as it happened before with ALL my dynamic driver-based IEMs.
But concerning the mids, not much happened in my opinion. I still can't listen to any music having high-pitch voices without EQ-ing down the 1,2kHz area by a nice 4-5dB.

After having done this, and not touched the rest of the equalizer, I certainly enjoy the nice soundstage and gorgeous bass. I really don't see the reason for this EQ hate, this is a bit of a dream to try dozens of IEMs until you find one which you don't have to EQ at all. And if you change source, why do you do? Change IEMs again to get back the "perfect match" ?
I guess some people just have too much time and money...
I EQ-ed all my IEMs (differently) to fit MY taste, with the exception of Yamaha EPH-100. Does that mean they're perfect? No, I still prefer my SE535Ltd, although they're EQ-ed a lot more (flat V).

Of course, overall the ASG-1 sound is relatively dry (versus the lush mids of the SE535Ltd, it's striking) but the concert hall sound with intimate vocals is certainly unique.
Definitely a special SQ amongst IEMs, I wouldn't recommend these at all to people not used to forward mids.

I can imagine people getting used to SE535Ltd's intimate mids pretty quickly (I did, coming from V-shaped and neutral IEMs), but the ASG-1 are much harder to get used to.
It definitely explains the amount of people reacting negatively. If these ASG-1 had not come after SE535Ltd, I would have abandoned them after a week...
wink.gif

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #2,460 of 2,761

Quote:
@tinyman, listen to the chorus of Whitney Houston's "How Will I Know" and tell me what you think.

Whitney Houston's is my favorite artist to demonstrate the shoutiness of the ASG-1.
Songs like "I have nothing" will literally drill into your eardrums with flat EQ.
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back