Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Apr 7, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #2,371 of 2,761
cool thanks for that. I got a good quote from them, though I forgot to tell them I'm from Headfi. Yea the shipping fee is high, but no reflection of Springtree. After all I'm getting a good deal on what should be great IEMs!

Quote:
Just email then for their best quote. Say you're from head-Fi and that might help. Be prepared to pay probably a lot for the shipping cost though. Maybe look on the FS classifieds if you're cool with that for the best price.

Apr 7, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #2,372 of 2,761
cool thanks for that. I got a good quote from them, though I forgot to tell them I'm from Headfi. Yea the shipping fee is high, but no reflection of Springtree. After all I'm getting a good deal on what should be great IEMs!

Quote:
Just email then for their best quote. Say you're from head-Fi and that might help. Be prepared to pay probably a lot for the shipping cost though. Maybe look on the FS classifieds if you're cool with that for the best price.

Nice! If you end up getting them, I'm curious as to how they compare to the DDM :D

Apr 7, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #2,373 of 2,761
I guess I'm still the only one that likes these raw (without EQ)?  I'm still going to say that if you love Etymotic mids, these are a good direction to go, they portray a midrange closer to Etymotic than the T15s as well (which I've said had Etymotic mids). 

Apr 7, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #2,374 of 2,761
Quote:
reviews like that should be either posted in this thread as full.
Or be added here:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/aurisonics-asg-1-generic-fit-iem

No need for a separate thread :/
Just saying for the future....

I've made separate threads for all my reviews, so this is no different. Besides, it would get swallowed up and be lost within 2 days at the rate this thread is growing.

x2

meaning create your own thread and link to it

Apr 8, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #2,376 of 2,761
okay I do feel that the ASG-1 will benefit from amping. I am currently using the ASG-1 with the J3 EQ and it does sound nice but does seem to lack a bit of dynamic for some reason. I've paired numerous portable amps with J3 before when i had my Um3x but thought it was unnecessary since the different was too subtle to justify keeping the amp. Anyone tried the ASG-1 with Fiio E5? worth picking up or J3 is good enough?

Apr 8, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #2,379 of 2,761
Tested with my E1.  It opens up a bit more, separation becomes much better (vocals tone down a bit while instrumentals are focused slightly more), bass deepens and becomes better textured (with less of a mid-bass focus).  The advancements are minute, but audible and do make a difference.  Is it justifyable to get an E1, that's for the listener to answer. 

Apr 8, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #2,380 of 2,761
Dang... you guys are fast haha. Thanks... I tried the Z02, tho its fun but its earth shattering for me... a bit too much for me haha. 
Thanks eke2k6, please do let me know. I'm glad the E1 makes a slight difference, hope the E5 will be a bit more.

Quote:
I tried mine with the ZO2 -> it was fun :)

Quote:
I'll try it with the E5 and let you know

Quote:
Tested with my E1.  It opens up a bit more, separation becomes much better (vocals tone down a bit while instrumentals are focused slightly more), bass deepens and becomes better textured (with less of a mid-bass focus).  The advancements are minute, but audible and do make a difference.  Is it justifyable to get an E1, IDK about that. 

Apr 8, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #2,381 of 2,761
One more addition to the E1, the bass is a lot tighter in most songs. The shoutyness seems to have increased though, still need more testing thoughIt's not increased in a painful way, just more apparent.  The spike seems to also have moved slightly upward.  Treble presence seems improved, but I'll have to keep testing to ensure.  For now, I need some food in me :p

Made some edits after swapping to non-amped

Apr 8, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #2,383 of 2,761
tighter bass is good but what im really craving for is DEEPER bass. The bass on ASG-1 is nice and plentiful but its just not as deep as i thought, i know the Moon Audio Silver Dragon will be able to yield this result but don't want to deal with aftermarket cables anymore, i prefer the versatility of the stock cable.

Quote:
One more addition to the E1, the bass is a lot tighter in most songs. The shoutyness seems to have increased though, still need more testing thoughIt's not increased in a painful way, just more apparent.  The spike seems to also have moved slightly upward.  Treble presence seems improved, but I'll have to keep testing to ensure.  For now, I need some food in me :p

Made some edits after swapping to non-amped

Apr 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #2,384 of 2,761
@eclipses
How deep do you hear or feel it?
And what tips are you using?

Apr 8, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #2,385 of 2,761

Quote:
tighter bass is good but what im really craving for is DEEPER bass. The bass on ASG-1 is nice and plentiful but its just not as deep as i thought, i know the Moon Audio Silver Dragon will be able to yield this result but don't want to deal with aftermarket cables anymore, i prefer the versatility of the stock cable.

There is a better emphasis on the deeper bass (read my other post), textures are improved due to this fact as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back