Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Mar 21, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #1,803 of 2,761

Quote:
I don't see how they could be, since the product wasn't out yet (that video was uploaded in 2010). But, I agree they LOOK like the AS1.

indeed that's what I thought at first - but you never know how long Aurisonics has been in the business.

Quote:
They have the Livewire/EAR Inc. style mini-BNC connectors, so no, they're not Aurisonics, but they're likely from one of these two brands.

Ah that explains it :)

Mar 21, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #1,804 of 2,761
Doesn't look like it.  Check frame 1:32 and the pins go in from the side on faceplate, not the usual top position as standard CIEM.  They don't look like Livewires as I own a pair. If I had to make a guess, my guess goes toward Sensaphonics.

Mar 21, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #1,805 of 2,761
They have a reflection off the plate which looks like low profile customs as you can see the hump around the cable entry.  Whoever doesn't make lo-pro custom shells isn't going to be it.  Assuming I'm seeing that right.

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #1,806 of 2,761

Quote:

​
I'm pretty sure you guys don't hear it this way (or at least I hope you don't).  I didn't read too much about treble, so the treble is really just random points from a previous graph I made.  I am curious to see how you guys actually do hear the ASG-1s.  I do want to know how large you think that mid-bass hump is.  With relation to the graph, Ekes forced a really deep V into that graph.  If that's what you guys find as neutral and balanced, well...  That's a deep V to me. 

Without EQ, this is pretty much exactly how I hear them.  With a slight bump up 64 and lower.  I don't find them balanced at all unEQ'd.

EQ'd however, is a different story.  You can EQ them and play around- they respond fairly well to that and get close to sounding "balanced".  Mids are still prevalent though, unless you drop the 500-1k-2k region over -4/5 db's, especially the 1k peak.

Mar 21, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #1,807 of 2,761

Quote:

​
I'm pretty sure you guys don't hear it this way (or at least I hope you don't).  I didn't read too much about treble, so the treble is really just random points from a previous graph I made.  I am curious to see how you guys actually do hear the ASG-1s.  I do want to know how large you think that mid-bass hump is.  With relation to the graph, Ekes forced a really deep V into that graph.  If that's what you guys find as neutral and balanced, well...  That's a deep V to me. 

Without EQ, this is pretty much exactly how I hear them.  With a slight bump up 64 and lower.  I don't find them balanced at all unEQ'd.

EQ'd however, is a different story.  You can EQ them and play around- they respond fairly well to that and get close to sounding "balanced".  Mids are still prevalent though, unless you drop the 500-1k-2k region over -4/5 db's, especially the 1k peak.

I can see why you think they are shouty and mid heavy then. I only hear a 2.5-3.5 dB spike between the 1k and 1.5k regions.

Mar 21, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #1,809 of 2,761
Got impressions taken today, then sent them off within the hour. Also made payment for my AS-1b's.....can't wait to get them. Gonna do a review to the best of my ability

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #1,810 of 2,761

Quote:
indeed that's what I thought at first - but you never know how long Aurisonics has been in the business.

I believe the date was March 1st 2011

Quote:
Got impressions taken today, then sent them off within the hour. Also made payment for my AS-1b's.....can't wait to get them. Gonna do a review to the best of my ability

Me too once I get my them in, BUT i need to wait for my impressions kit coming with the ASG-1's

Mar 22, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #1,814 of 2,761
The kit actually comes with everything you'll need, including a poker to push the foam in deep to get a proper mold. just read through the instructions and it will be fine

Quote:
I thought about it myself - dunno how accurate or good it would be though.

Mar 22, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #1,815 of 2,761

Quote:
The kit actually comes with everything you'll need, including a poker to push the foam in deep to get a proper mold. just read through the instructions and it will be fine

I'm probably gonna get one of my friends to help me out with it

The tracker still hasn't updated since the 17th... HURRY UP AND ARRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back