Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Feb 3, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #91 of 2,761
I'm brand new to this sort of thing but these look like the coolest CIEMs ever.  The custom AS-1 on the product page is visually the coolest thing ever but of course that's not what you get.  But what I DO think is cool is the ambient port.  It might be just me but with my previous set of IEMs (Turbines) I found occlusion to be a huge problem.  I would have to wiggle around the tip in my ear for a bit to equalize the pressure, and I can't imagine that was good for my ear at all.  But my turbines just broke and are not under warranty, which is why I came here.

I like that metal plate on the custom AS-1.  Even if Aurisonics could add a simple brushed aluminum plate with an etching that would be fantastic! 

Feb 5, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #92 of 2,761

Quote:
Excited to hear the reviews. Looking to purchase either these or the Dream Earz Aud x5. Don't know if I will go with adjustable base though. Something a little warm, great detail but not looking for the most analytical headphone out there. Fairly even sound across mid and highs with a little bass hump and bass that goes very low with some good impact. Wanting to pull the trigger so bad... so hurry up and review these guys :p

That describes the AS1 exactly, in my opinion. Absolutely love them - nothing I've tried before comes close. Now I'm looking at portable amps... thinking about the FiiO E11... probably because that's what Dale had when he delivered my earbuds. Ah - the power of suggestion!

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #94 of 2,761

Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you wait for a bit you can borrow mine to find out for yourself.

I'm trying, but my patience is running out.  I just might order a pair today. 
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #98 of 2,761

Quote:
Looks like I should have the ASG-1 by the weekend. Hopefully they'll make me forget I foolishly traded FXT90 away. 

Listening to the FXT90 today, I found it very difficult to imagine myself letting them go. I'm very interested in your impressions however as I'm considering selling everything apart from one mid-tier, to fund my jump to customs.

At the moment it's a very close call between these and the aud-5x!

Feb 7, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #100 of 2,761
Speaking of JVC FXT90, I just spoke with a rep and they are coming out with a duel dynamic model.  Would probably make a nice comparison to the JVC,  but more so against the DDMS.

Feb 7, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #102 of 2,761
Oh well, the cat is out of the bag...

Anyway, my universals are on the way too...

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #103 of 2,761
So the rep I dealt with could only compare the universal with the Shure SE535. He says these universals blows the SE535 out of the water with better mids and more controlled bass in quantity and quality... He said other things that is basically what has stuck with me. 

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #104 of 2,761

Quote:
Any specs or release date?

I was only relayed that it would have a low and high range dynamic driver.  When I asked him if he heard about the FS Atrio, he replied that he owns a pair and thinks highly of them.  I then asked what he thinks about his Atrios and the ASG-1 and he said that the Atrio still has the upper hand to low, sub-bass only.  Everything else is better on the ASG-1, and that it has a more flat sound signature, which is a good thing for my ears. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back