Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Jan 26, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #46 of 2,761

Quote:
Not this one I hope:

This one is definitely Photoshopped.

Even though they might be photo shopped I think their sleek.

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #48 of 2,761
Quote:
Even though they might be photo shopped I think their sleek.

Of course they are. That's the whole point, isn't it? But you need to look at what you'll really get, or risk being very disappointed.

(This isn't a criticism of Aurisonics; they also display pictures of the actual product, which looks solid.)

Man, all those options really adds up the cost!

I noticed that, too. 
tongue.gif

I wonder where the no-option version situates itself, bass-wise, on the scale of the "variable bass" version.

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #49 of 2,761
The "photoshopped" picture definitely gave me a false impression of what they looked like. But at least they did show a picture of the actual product further down the page. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #50 of 2,761

Quote:
Of course they are. That's the whole point, isn't it? But you need to look at what you'll really get, or risk being very disappointed.

(This isn't a criticism of Aurisonics; they also display pictures of the actual product, which looks solid.)

Yea I know they don't really look like that but thats marketing for you.  The actual IEM's still look pretty nice anyway and I'm really not a fan of flashy ones I tend to like the more subtle look.

Jan 26, 2012 at 6:46 AM Post #51 of 2,761
Thank you for those photos=)  

They look made of silicone, but they are hard acrylic right?

Aren't these missing the rubber sealing ring? :S

The sound bore have any reacheable wax filter ? if it doesn't i think its risky if some wax falls in:/

Im thinking in buying these, still very confused which brand to choose.

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #53 of 2,761

Quote:
Thank you for those photos=)  

They look made of silicone, but they are hard acrylic right?

Aren't these missing the rubber sealing ring? :S

The sound bore have any reacheable wax filter ? if it doesn't i think its risky if some wax falls in:/

Im thinking in buying these, still very confused which brand to choose.

They are hard plastic, not silicone. Mine do not have a rubber sealing ring but I have not seen such a thing on any custom IEM. Maybe Aurisonics had planned to do that but then found it wasn't needed? Mine seal very well although I forgot to mention that at first, it takes some practice to get them in right. But as of yesterday, I was consistently getting them in and sealed on the first try. The right ear was always easy, but the left ear took some practice for some reason.

I don't see a wax filter in the sound bore. Dale explained to me that in his opinion, it is not needed because the bore is larger, thus it is easier to clean them without a special tool. Time will tell.

RE the adjustable vs. fixed bass response. I have a difficult time imagining the need for more bass out of these. I got the adjustable but for now, I'm leaving the ports closed and the bass is exceptional. Even slightly opening them (1/2 turn) renders the bass a bit overwhelming for me. True bass heads might want it though :)

I also got the adjustable ambient port but so far I have not opened them. In a situation where I might be performing or doing sound, these will be handy. But for just listening, I would probably not need them.

Jan 26, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #54 of 2,761
Thank you very much for all the info, glad you like them:)

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #55 of 2,761

Quote:
Nice, I am looking forward to receiving mine!  

@ project86: which one do you mean, the pics on the AS-1 page?

Yep, that's the one (Sinocelt posted it already). That's what I get for posting from my iPad..... pic showed up for me, but not for anyone else apparently.

Dale told me that it has titanium faceplates that have been water honed for a smoother texture. The shell itself has extra polish, and the micro-derm finish removed. The whole process was expensive enough where they are not going to offer them for sale (at least for now). Obviously the picture has been enhanced with photoshop, but nonetheless it is a pic of a real thing and not one of their standard models made to look like it has a fancy faceplate on it. 

I would like to see them show more pics of the actual product itself. I think it looks quite nice by itself. 

Jan 26, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #56 of 2,761
600 dollars income tax money is going towards these  I THINKS I fell in love with the IE80's so I'm a fan of dynamic drivers unforunately I'm returning the ie80's but I think I've found what the money might be going towards :p.

Jan 26, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #58 of 2,761
Karlw, Do you think you could name some other bass-heavy IEMs you've tried? One person's idea of not enough/sufficient/too much bass could be completely different from that of another person, so it might be helpful to know where you're coming from.

Also, you said that you haven't tried messing with the ambient tuning port, but could you check how much of a difference it makes? I sometimes find IEMs to be a little fatiguing due to how closed-in they sound and the ambient tuning port sounds like it might be solution to that problem for me.

Jan 27, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #59 of 2,761
My name is Josh Berry and I am the Director of Artist Relations for Aurisonics. I have been in Nashville in the music production business for over 15 years working with artists such as Faith Hill, to Gary Allen, Billy Currington, Newsboys, and many other county and christian artists. I joined the company shortly last year after Dale said, "try these in-ears out and tell me what you think." The skeptical look on my face quickly changed to laughter as I yelled with the in-ears cranking, "THIS IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD!!!"  Then to see the response from many high end engineers as many would say this is a "game changer", I am excited and proud to be a part of the Aurisonics team and our new innovative approach to professional in-ear monitoring systems, prosumer generic fit products and custom hearing protection.

We have a high respect for companies such as Sensaphonics, Westone, Future Sonics and JH Audio's products which pioneered the in-ear monitor market space and they continue to serve the industry well. Dale Lott the founder of Aurisonics has spent over 20 years as a master audio and product engineer and has designed our product line with extensive input from some of the best people in the industry to find what they like and the needs for improvement. I would encourage anyone to try your favorite company's products and then try ours... you be the judge. We look forward to your input and we will always be here to listen and do our best to respond as we develop new products.

Josh Berry

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #60 of 2,761

Quote:
Yep, that's the one (Sinocelt posted it already). That's what I get for posting from my iPad..... pic showed up for me, but not for anyone else apparently.

Dale told me that it has titanium faceplates that have been water honed for a smoother texture. The shell itself has extra polish, and the micro-derm finish removed. The whole process was expensive enough where they are not going to offer them for sale (at least for now). Obviously the picture has been enhanced with photoshop, but nonetheless it is a pic of a real thing and not one of their standard models made to look like it has a fancy faceplate on it. 

I would like to see them show more pics of the actual product itself. I think it looks quite nice by itself. 

I want the faceplates on mine :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back