Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Mar 3, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #1,291 of 2,761
Customer service is definitely top notch from both Aurisonics and Springtree. I have gotten email messages from both without having to contact either and both were very polite and talked about things I have said on this fourm. I did not get such good service when I bought my car and I'm pretty sure that was a little more expensive :p. For a lot of alternative rock I really like the vocals coming out more. It's much easier to hear what the singer is saying and it's a nice effect. I listen to a lot of rock and such that benefit from this affect so I think I'll be keeping the asg-1's and just getting a new headset when ever Aurisonic releases their next product. Hopefully the guys at Springtree carry them :). I'm looking forward to writing my review and detailed impressions but was hoping someone could give me a song where the "shouty" effect is particularly offensive as I would like to make a reference to it so I can describe it to those who are, and are not, fond of how it changes a song. On a side not, I was comparing these to some beats at Bestbuy and was really impressed with how much more detail these put out and how much more textured the bass was. 

Mar 3, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #1,292 of 2,761
Customer service is definitely top notch from both Aurisonics and Springtree. I have gotten email messages from both without having to contact either and both were very polite and talked about things I have said on this fourm. I did not get such good service when I bought my car and I'm pretty sure that was a little more expensive :p. For a lot of alternative rock I really like the vocals coming out more. It's much easier to hear what the singer is saying and it's a nice effect. I listen to a lot of rock and such that benefit from this affect so I think I'll be keeping the asg-1's and just getting a new headset when ever Aurisonic releases their next product. Hopefully the guys at Springtree carry them :). I'm looking forward to writing my review and detailed impressions but was hoping someone could give me a song where the "shouty" effect is particularly offensive as I would like to make a reference to it so I can describe it to those who are, and are not, fond of how it changes a song. On a side not, I was comparing these to some beats at Bestbuy and was really impressed with how much more detail these put out and how much more textured the bass was. 

I've made a mild hobby of taking all my new phones over to BestBuy across the street from where I work to compare them to Beats. I have yet to purchase something with recommendations from Head-Fiers that doesn't blow them out of the water :):):)

Mar 3, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #1,293 of 2,761
Reading through the thead, the ASG-1 really got me interested. However, I have the GR07, and I am wondering if the ASG-1 is considered to be an upgrade. If I read what others had to say about it, it could either be a hit or miss for someone coming from the GR07. 

Mar 3, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #1,294 of 2,761

Quote:
So I got a reply from Dale regarding the filter and below is his reply.

"Yes the filter is to tame the mids a bit. Much better for listening to music for people who experience what I see referred to as being "shouty". We are working on best way to produce the filters and make available as an option which can be added to existing ASG-1. I had about 10 people yesterday at a couple stops I made listen to both the ASG-1 filtered and non filtered. It was about half and half. Musicians tended to lean towards the normal ASG-1 and iPod music listeners liked the filtered version much better. I believe the filter will be an answer to most people who just want to listen to music on them."

It looks like it will solve the "shouty" issue for those interested. I'll be looking into getting one for sure.

This is great news - I swear I had mentioned filters ... in fact I did.
I was talking about how Aurisonics could release filter esk things, just like Audeo PFE do - this could tone down the mids or adjust the sound so to speak.

AMEN TO THAT!

Quote:
How can you not love this company?

I do
I have to state that the only reason I kept my order was not because of you guys, nor due to your reviews, it was mainly for the company, Dale, and Matt's service.
If it wasn't for those 2, I would have cancelled my order (as I've spent a lot on IEM's lately + the sound just might not be for me -> focusing on mids, is not really my cup of tea usually)

Quote:
In fact they do everything for us. I wish they had a seller in EU.

That's another +1
That said, they are a small company.
Take a look at Monster...they don't even have an outlet store here....god knows how many EU/rest of the world buyers they have...
So I don't expect a "new" company to do so, however it would always be nice.

Something even like amazon.

Quote:

Indeed - I find their customer service goes without saying - both Aurisonics and Springtree.
Really gotten fond of Matt, and the way he communicates with me - great guy to talk to.

Quote:
I've made a mild hobby of taking all my new phones over to BestBuy across the street from where I work to compare them to Beats. I have yet to purchase something with recommendations from Head-Fiers that doesn't blow them out of the water
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Even the MP 8320's beat the beats....its not a very hard "comparison" lol

Mar 3, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #1,295 of 2,761
Yeah, I'd take the MP8320s over the Tour Beats (which I've owned) any day. The Tours are horribly colored and the midbass:subbass ratio is pathetic. The MPs have better extension on both ends and are WAY more balanced. IMO they sound better, all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Even the MP 8320's beat the beats....its not a very hard "comparison" lol

Mar 3, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #1,296 of 2,761
Yea but I never realized how bad a value they were until directly comparing them. Not horrible sounding but for the price they're asking for I would expect a lot more clarity, separation and texture from the music. 

Mar 3, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #1,297 of 2,761
Yeah. $150 and, to me, they sounded worse overall than low-end Sony IEMs that can be had for $40 at RadioShack and even less online; I A/B'd them a couple times while working there. I also preferred the VMODA Bass Freq originals. The Tours had an edge on both in detail, but the clarity was horrible (better than the VMODAs but not the Sony's), no soundstage, and pretty poor extension on the low end (this is what surprised and disappointed me the most; I thought headphones marketed by a rap producer would at LEAST have DECENT bass...the VMODAs slaughtered them here). Even the overpriced Skullcandy Titans are a better value, no doubt. I didn't even bother trying the iBeats; I already know what vomit tastes like.

k no more threadjacking for me tonight, lol.
Quote:
Yea but I never realized how bad a value they were until directly comparing them. Not horrible sounding but for the price they're asking for I would expect a lot more clarity, separation and texture from the music. 

Mar 3, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #1,298 of 2,761
Managed to skip and refrain from the GR07's, the whole Sony EX-trilogy, the Hifiman 2X2's duo, JVC 90's, and a couple other popular guys as of late. 

Heck even went on a self-imposed 5-6 month sabbatical from Head-Fi except for the occasional lurk here and there, but these Aurisonics (and the feedback--A cleaner, more 3D, dynamic version(-ish) of the SM3??  Holy sh...) got me to cave in earlier in the week...  Blah.
Sneaky bastards, we'll see how this goes and I hope you're worth it, because now I have to start my 12-step all over again.
popcorn.gif

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #1,300 of 2,761
The GR07 and Ex600s are no flavour of the month. They're for real and TBH they are gonna be here to stay. Can't say I've heard the Yammies and the FXT90's I havent had a prolonged listen

Mar 4, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #1,301 of 2,761

Quote:

Heck even went on a self-imposed 5-6 month sabbatical from Head-Fi except for the occasional lurk here and there, but these Aurisonics (and the feedback--A cleaner, more 3D, dynamic version(-ish) of the SM3??  Holy sh...) got me to cave in earlier in the week...  Blah.

I'm asking myself if they are making a direct A-B with SM3 with in ears...if they are, definitely Joker will give a score above 9.4 to ASG, because im not reading here they have a better\diferent\enjoyable signature but better sound features.

And still no one answered a simple question, Is there anything in SM3 better than the ASG, cable, jack,strain-reliefs, tips? .... seen it all ASG SQ seem better,  absence might be better to replace mine with anybody here.

Mar 4, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #1,302 of 2,761

Quote:
The GR07 and Ex600s are no flavour of the month. They're for real and TBH they are gonna be here to stay. Can't say I've heard the Yammies and the FXT90's I havent had a prolonged listen

Every solid 'phones on here will be a FOTM, well... at least for the first month!
wink_face.gif

Nah, but seriously I know they're legit, just that I've been able to resist a bunch of great selections for some time now, but for some reason it seemed like the ASG's nudged me over, especially hearing that it "might" sound like a clearer, dryer SM3... which I love but would definitely welcome an evil twin.

Quote:

I'm asking myself if they are making a direct A-B with SM3 with in ears...if they are, definitely Joker will give a score above 9.4 to ASG, because im not reading here they have a better\diferent\enjoyable signature but better sound features.

And still no one answered a simple question, Is there anything in SM3 better than the ASG, cable, jack,strain-reliefs, tips? .... seen it all ASG SQ seem better,  absence might be better to replace mine with anybody here.

Probably not an A-B and just from memory, but the SM3 has a pretty distinctive/memorable signature, so at least if some qualities remind them of it, then at least some of the traits should be similar.  Then again, everybody hears things differently though... so it's no given that they'll be rated higher/even/lower, even with Joker's rating since I think while they may share the some similar traits, they'll be some definite differences and therefore it could and should be classified as its own, independent signature.

However... that said, I should have them both side by side in 1-2 (?) weeks, so I can probably do a direct A/B comparo then!
L3000.gif

Mar 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #1,303 of 2,761

Quote:

Probably not an A-B and just from memory, but the SM3 has a pretty distinctive/memorable signature, so at least if some qualities remind them of it, then at least some of the traits should be similar.  Then again, everybody hears things differently though... so it's no given that they'll be rated higher/even/lower, even with Joker's rating since I think while they may share the some similar traits, they'll be some definite differences and therefore it could and should be classified as its own, independent signature.

However... that said, I should have them both side by side in 1-2 (?) weeks, so I can probably do a direct A/B comparo then!
L3000.gif

Yes, do that. Is a little unfair make comparisons only by memory.

Mar 4, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #1,304 of 2,761
Anyone try these with movies yet?

Mar 4, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #1,305 of 2,761
I'm not making the comparisons from memory as I've been listening to the SM3 full time for a year til the ASG-1 came in. The description of, a cooler, dryer, more detailed SM3 is a pretty succinct description on Shane's behalf. I do find the SM3 smoother for long term listening, and still enjoy many facets of its enveloping soundstaging, (which the ASG-1 echoes, but obviously differs in various respects from a song to song basis) so I'm quite happy to split my time between the two phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back