Aurisonics AS/ASG-1 Plus Information and Discussions
Feb 6, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #211 of 364
I've been using the 1plus with Comply T500s without any issues so far - seem to fit just fine.

Feb 6, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #212 of 364
Well, I suppose I was misdirected then! 
redface.gif
 I'll look into ordering some 500s, as I've recently come to enjoy Comply tips. What base size is everyone using? I've experience with medium and large, but not small.

Feb 6, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #213 of 364
Medium works for me, and I have quite big ears.

On a related note, anyone got any suggestions on tips that will bring out the treble on the ASG series? Picked up an ASG 1.5 in the sale recently but still finding it excessively dark after about 30hrs burn in. Any frequent Aurisonics fliers have any suggestions apart from drastic EQ at source, or will the 1.5 always be super-dark compared to the 1plus?

Feb 6, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #214 of 364
Medium works for me, and I have quite big ears.

On a related note, anyone got any suggestions on tips that will bring out the treble on the ASG series? Picked up an ASG 1.5 in the sale recently but still finding it excessively dark after about 30hrs burn in. Any frequent Aurisonics fliers have any suggestions apart from drastic EQ at source, or will the 1.5 always be super-dark compared to the 1plus?
Get a Pure Silver cable. Plus try different kinds of tips. You can also use an EQ.

Feb 6, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #215 of 364
Thanks for the cable tip - finding the 1.5 a very different beast to the 1plus but don't want to give up on it just yet! I know it's supposed to be a lot darker with a massive bass bias, but I wasn't expecting it to be quite as extreme. Any suggestions on specific branded cable or tips (I'm a very recent convert to this hobby so still figuring out what works for me)? The 1plus is a completely different sound so very much enjoying that on stock cables with no EQ and a pair of Complys.

Will get around to posting some impressions on both on here and in the main Aurisonics/Fender thread in due course (from a newbies perspective - recently Been listening to these, the Flare R2A, Trinity Atlas and Echobox Finders so finally working out what sound works for me!).
Get a Pure Silver cable. Plus try different kinds of tips. You can also use an EQ.

Feb 6, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #216 of 364
Thanks for the cable tip - finding the 1.5 a very different beast to the 1plus but don't want to give up on it just yet! I know it's supposed to be a lot darker with a massive bass bias, but I wasn't expecting it to be quite as extreme. Any suggestions on specific branded cable or tips (I'm a very recent convert to this hobby so still figuring out what works for me)? The 1plus is a completely different sound so very much enjoying that on stock cables with no EQ and a pair of Complys.

Will get around to posting some impressions on both on here and in the main Aurisonics/Fender thread in due course (from a newbies perspective - recently Been listening to these, the Flare R2A, Trinity Atlas and Echobox Finders so finally working out what sound works for me!).
Would be good if you could demo a few cables if not possible then try Plussound cables which are made in USA.

Feb 7, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #217 of 364
Add some EQ to the lows (only) of the 1plus for some Prog like Opeth and Dream Theater, very nice. These can kick with relatively minimal intrusiveness into the mids/highs if you get the settings right. I like this flexibility. 

Albums that are recorded with solid bass to start don't need it - to note. Just some albums that I like the extra kick where it wasn't "built into" the recording. 

I am just waiting for Amarra for TIDAL to come out for Windows :) 

Feb 7, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #218 of 364
Add some EQ to the lows (only) of the 1plus for some Prog like Opeth and Dream Theater, very nice. These can kick with relatively minimal intrusiveness into the mids/highs if you get the settings right. I like this flexibility. 

Albums that are recorded with solid bass to start don't need it - to note. Just some albums that I like the extra kick where it wasn't "built into" the recording. 

I am just waiting for Amarra for TIDAL to come out for Windows :) 
I like this, great bass. https://youtu.be/535IwwUv-IQ

Feb 13, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #221 of 364
  Just placed an order for these! It was a complete impulse buy, snagged them on sale for $230 USD. Hopefully it was a good decision; will be upgrading from a MEElec M6 Pro. Now for the wait!

Me too!   I didn't really need a pair but curiosity got the best of me.  I had the original ASG-1 when the first came out but that signature wasn't for me but always wanted to try another pair of Aurisonics.

Me three :wink: Apperently Hifiheadphones got one return from the sale so I ordered it today. They're usually really fast with shipping here so shoul have them next week......

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #222 of 364
Just posted a review in the Head Gear section (still a noob, so please take it all with a pinch of salt). Any feedback or tips on how to improve any future reviews very much appreciated!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/aurisonics-asg-1plus/reviews/15280

Feb 18, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #223 of 364
New arrival:

I've gotta give it to HifiHeadphones UK, great service and extremely fast shipping!!!!

Feb 18, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #224 of 364
New arrival:

I've gotta give it to HifiHeadphones UK, great service and extremely fast shipping!!!!
Looking good annnnd how does it sound ?

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #225 of 364
Looking good annnnd how does it sound ?

This is an open box unit that's been used for a review at Hifiheadphones so I'd assume that they're burned in already.

I started listening to three songs:

1. Jack Johnson - Better together
This recording is quite bassy and if I find an IEM to have too much mid bass on this song there's a big chance that I'll never get along well with them. Only exception I can think of is actually the CKR10's. The 1PLUS passes this test with flying colors.

2. Lupe Fiasco - Deliver
I love the bass in this song and with the 1PLUS I've got a big smile on my face after 10 seconds of the song so it's safe to say that they passed this test as well.

3. Melody Gardot - Somewhere Over the Rainbow
My go to song to check soundstage and details as well as female vocals. To put it short I don't think I've evere heard Melody's voice so seductive and the details and soundstage is also very good although I've heard better in this area. I listen to a lot of female vocals and the way the 1PLUS handles those is extremely impressive to me.

After these three songs I knew they were keepers. Now I'm gonna get lost in music for a while :wink:

I'm also surprised about how different and much more airy they are compared to the Rockets. I'd expected the 1PLUS to be thicker and warmer sounding tbh. I'm really happy that I got them both now (especially at $370 delivered for both of them).

Edit:
I cannot believe that anyone makes IEM's with memory wire though. I'll definitely need to get a new cable for these....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back