Auris Nirvana EL34 Amp in the house!
Jan 19, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #977 of 993
I have the nirvana v.3
the optional remote control that auris had offered is no longer available
i would like to get a universal remote for use with it,does anyone know
what code or brand of remote(that has same frequency) would work.
i have sent auris a couple emails
and they do not respond….

Jan 20, 2024 at 1:00 AM Post #978 of 993
For anyone interested in how the Nirvana looks on the inside, I had a rare opportunity to grab this snapshot:

Nirvana amp inside.jpg

Jan 20, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #980 of 993
For anyone interested in how the Nirvana looks on the inside, I had a rare opportunity to grab this snapshot:

Nirvana amp inside.jpg
Was it repair, upgrade or curiosity?

Certainly looks busy with all the capacitors for the power supply!

Jan 20, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #981 of 993
Was it repair, upgrade or curiosity?

The 1/4” connector was spotty, ended up being just a hit of cleaning needed that’s all (so no repair). But requires opening by a pro shop since it has a special European lock on it. So was a chance to see how it looks on the inside. They were all very impressed but the quality of the components (a high end shop in NYC).

Jan 20, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #982 of 993
The 1/4” connector was spotty, ended up being just a hit of cleaning needed that’s all (so no repair). But requires opening by a pro shop since it has a special European lock on it. So was a chance to see how it looks on the inside. They were all very impressed but the quality of the components (a high end shop in NYC).
I noticed on the bottom there is a red cap that covers a screw and guessed that was some sort of security thing. You’d have to brake it to get in and void any guarantee I’d imagine. I should really give mine a spin again… it’s been a month or so mow!

Jan 20, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #983 of 993
I noticed on the bottom there is a red cap that covers a screw and guessed that was some sort of security thing. You’d have to brake it to get in and void any guarantee I’d imagine. I should really give mine a spin again… it’s been a month or so mow!

Yes meant to prevent normal people from opening it up…:wink:

Jan 20, 2024 at 10:44 PM Post #984 of 993
Ooh, that makes me wonder about capacitor rolling on this thing, which for some reason I had not given even a passing thought to until you mentioned the word "capacitor".

Anyone know what are the specs on the unit's coupling caps, by any chance?

I rolled the caps on my previous tube amp, and found it to be a very fun and rewarding experience.

Feb 16, 2024 at 10:54 PM Post #985 of 993
It's been a year (or more) with the Siemens 5814A, and I may have finally found something worthy rolling in its stead for a while: Mazda Belvu Cifte 12AU7 1960s

getting to know it, but it's pretty awesome, recommend a try (make sure it's the genuine French tube that was made for only a short period; there’s a vendor in Italy who has a large batch and they are affordable)

Last edited:
May 6, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #986 of 993
Am getting my Nirvana 4 today. Very exciting! Can someone point me to a link to purchase some NOS EL34’s? To roll from stock?
Thanks. Already got some TELEFUNKEN ECC82’s

May 6, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #987 of 993
Oh. This is my first tube amp. I’m a virgin! Or is it tirgin?😂 Have zero experience with where to get tubes

May 6, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #988 of 993
For example, are Mullard made in Russia matched pair EL34’s any good?

May 6, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #989 of 993

These are current production and not any better than stock tubes. If you want NOS EL34, it's going to cost now. Just type in EL34 metal base to get an idea of price. Or EL34 double D getters brown base. For cheaper variety try EL34 xf2 double O getters or single O getter.

May 6, 2024 at 4:21 PM Post #990 of 993

No not really

I do recommend the Mullard XF2, that’s what I’ve been using in my Nirvana for a long time and sounds great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back