Auris Nirvana EL34 Amp in the house!
Apr 30, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #331 of 1,030
After spending 5 months with the stock tubes, finally rolled my first tube - Siemens 5814A (1974).

Very first impression - wider sound stage, a kind of subtle feeling of open sound as if I am inside a concert hall :beerchug:

Apr 30, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #332 of 1,030
If anybody here might be interested in a used Nirvana (black leather) in excellent shape that's been used for less than 100 hours and has upgraded tubes, I've got a new ad for it on USAM... Great sounding amp that rocks like a beast, but I still prefer my Eddie Current with WE 300B tubes, and I only need one headphone amp...

May 1, 2022 at 12:08 AM Post #334 of 1,030
Not sure where to ask this but is the Nirvana along with the Headonia 2a3 discontinued by Auris? They've been oos on Auris site for a while now.
As far as I know the Nirvana gonna have a new version, and headonia is discontinued.

May 1, 2022 at 5:41 AM Post #335 of 1,030
Not sure where to ask this but is the Nirvana along with the Headonia 2a3 discontinued by Auris? They've been oos on Auris site for a while now.
Headonia is discontinued afaik.
The Nirvana will receive a new revision, which we don't know much about, later this year.

Personally I think that the headonia also receives a new version but only after the Nirvana

May 1, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #336 of 1,030
As far as I know the Nirvana gonna have a new version, and headonia is discontinued.
Headonia is discontinued afaik.
The Nirvana will receive a new revision, which we don't know much about, later this year.

Personally I think that the headonia also receives a new version but only after the Nirvana
Thanks for the responses. I do wonder what the eta of these upgrades are since it has been a while since I last saw them up for sale.

May 1, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #337 of 1,030
The Nirvana has already gotten through a couple revisions. Based on past experience, they are mostly cosmetic and/or connectivity related and not impacting sound. I don’t think you’d have big buyer’s remorse if you got one today. But who knows :wink:

May 12, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #339 of 1,030
Finally got to hear this amp at a hifi show recently. Liked it a lot. An amp I am aspiring to. *Subscribing to stay in the loop.*
Great amp indeed!! looks good sounds good!! :)

20220513_001317.jpg

May 14, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #340 of 1,030
I was eyeing auris nirvana for my Susvara and most of the opinions were positive except two -
Having tried/owned numerous TOTL headamps, The auris nirvana is a pretty terrible pairing with the Susvara, relatively speaking . Congested , linear sounding and lacks dynamics and control

There are headphone amps and speaker amps that are a far better match . If youre looking for an amp for the Susvara you can do a lot better, even at a much lower asking price.

If you think its great then so be it, we all hear things differently. But IMO, the Susvara is far more capable than you think if you find the Nirvana to be 'great'

Couldn't agree more.
Exactly my thoughts hearing this combo at CanJam NYC.
So are these findings (Congested , linear sounding and lacks dynamics and control) mentioned on susvara thread on pairing with auris nirvana true ?

May 14, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #341 of 1,030
I was eyeing auris nirvana for my Susvara and most of the opinions were positive except two -

So are these findings (Congested , linear sounding and lacks dynamics and control) mentioned on susvara thread on pairing with auris nirvana true ?
I think the best answer is to listen for yourself, everyone listen to things differently, some say it is bad when paring with nirvana, some say it's excellent, some say even the trafomatic primavera cannot satisfy the susvara, there are no absolute answer to your question and I also think that the source and the tubes matters too, the stock JJ really not that good.

Last edited:
May 14, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #342 of 1,030
I think the best answer is to listen for yourself, everyone listen to things differently, some say it is bad when paring with nirvana, some say it's excellent, some say even the trafomatic primavera cannot satisfy the susvara, there are no absolute answer to your question and I also think that the source and the tubes matters too, the stock JJ really not that good.
Can some one post a short review of various tubes pairing with auris nirvana ?

May 14, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #343 of 1,030
I'm not sure I understand how "linear sounding" is a criticism. Is that meant to imply too thin or clinical sounding perhaps? In other contexts, "linear" can be a good thing.

In any event, I recently heard the Susvara with the Nirvana and thought it was magnificent. But then, I don't have any other experience with either product to compare.

May 14, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #344 of 1,030

I guess they're true for the people who wrote them. They aren't true for me; Susvara sounds great through my Nirvana and Holo May DAC. Don't take it as gospel because 2 people on the internet say something.

I'm selling my Nirvana, but only because I only need one tube headphone amp and I'm going with my Eddie Current, which drives the Susvaras great with WE 300B tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back