Auris Nirvana EL34 Amp in the house!
Jan 19, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #977 of 985
I have the nirvana v.3
the optional remote control that auris had offered is no longer available
i would like to get a universal remote for use with it,does anyone know
what code or brand of remote(that has same frequency) would work.
i have sent auris a couple emails
and they do not respond….

Jan 20, 2024 at 1:00 AM Post #978 of 985
For anyone interested in how the Nirvana looks on the inside, I had a rare opportunity to grab this snapshot:

Nirvana amp inside.jpg

Jan 20, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #980 of 985
For anyone interested in how the Nirvana looks on the inside, I had a rare opportunity to grab this snapshot:

Nirvana amp inside.jpg
Was it repair, upgrade or curiosity?

Certainly looks busy with all the capacitors for the power supply!

Jan 20, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #981 of 985
Was it repair, upgrade or curiosity?

The 1/4” connector was spotty, ended up being just a hit of cleaning needed that’s all (so no repair). But requires opening by a pro shop since it has a special European lock on it. So was a chance to see how it looks on the inside. They were all very impressed but the quality of the components (a high end shop in NYC).

Jan 20, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #982 of 985
The 1/4” connector was spotty, ended up being just a hit of cleaning needed that’s all (so no repair). But requires opening by a pro shop since it has a special European lock on it. So was a chance to see how it looks on the inside. They were all very impressed but the quality of the components (a high end shop in NYC).
I noticed on the bottom there is a red cap that covers a screw and guessed that was some sort of security thing. You’d have to brake it to get in and void any guarantee I’d imagine. I should really give mine a spin again… it’s been a month or so mow!

Jan 20, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #983 of 985
I noticed on the bottom there is a red cap that covers a screw and guessed that was some sort of security thing. You’d have to brake it to get in and void any guarantee I’d imagine. I should really give mine a spin again… it’s been a month or so mow!

Yes meant to prevent normal people from opening it up…:wink:

Jan 20, 2024 at 10:44 PM Post #984 of 985
Ooh, that makes me wonder about capacitor rolling on this thing, which for some reason I had not given even a passing thought to until you mentioned the word "capacitor".

Anyone know what are the specs on the unit's coupling caps, by any chance?

I rolled the caps on my previous tube amp, and found it to be a very fun and rewarding experience.

Feb 16, 2024 at 10:54 PM Post #985 of 985
It's been a year (or more) with the Siemens 5814A, and I may have finally found something worthy rolling in its stead for a while: Mazda Belvu Cifte 12AU7 1960s

getting to know it, but it's pretty awesome, recommend a try (make sure it's the genuine French tube that was made for only a short period; there’s a vendor in Italy who has a large batch and they are affordable)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back