Auris HA2 SF
Jun 26, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #301 of 376
I prefer Feliks Euforia AE over HA2SF.
I have both also, and with stock tubes I agree. I changed the driver tube on HA-2SF to a Gold Lion one and I like it better. I also changed the power tubes to the gold pin versions, but this made relatively less difference, as one would expect. I like both amps very well now, but Euforia AE is much more versatile in the tube rolling department, especially with powered adapters.

That said, both amps will probably be replaced by a single Feliks Envy at some point.

Jun 26, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #302 of 376
I prefer Feliks Euforia AE over HA2SF.
I see, could you share some opinion? Euphoria is basically a otl, and offer more option inexpensive tube rolling compare to Ha2SF is OTC with more output power, and the ecc82 are expensive to find if we need to roll it to some 50s tubes, also ecc99 don't offer much options as well. But I mean have you check both with your zmf vc? I also have a set of those, really like to hear some of your opinions. Thanks

Jun 26, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #303 of 376
I have both also, and with stock tubes I agree. I changed the driver tube on HA-2SF to a Gold Lion one and I like it better. I also changed the power tubes to the gold pin versions, but this made relatively less difference, as one would expect. I like both amps very well now, but Euforia AE is much more versatile in the tube rolling department, especially with powered adapters.

That said, both amps will probably be replaced by a single Feliks Envy at some point.
300B envy will close lot more for tube rolling imo. And Amp that use 300B and KT88 mostly worth better with speakers instead of headphone .

Jun 26, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #304 of 376

And Euforia almost cost twice as much of the Ha2sf in my country. So that's why I went to the Ha2SF instead.

Jul 5, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #306 of 376

Could you please tell me what sonic difference did you find with the Gold Lions?
I would like to change my Electro-Hamonix tube which I found on the Auris HA2-SF.

Jul 6, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #309 of 376
i have no experience in handling or repairing electronics but i owned a prior amp where the led to the power supply went out and fixing it simply required unscrewing a socket, which contained the led, and putting in a new light. on the auris, you can see the led when you take out the tube but it seems like getting to it would (or may) require removing the face plate, which is held down by four hex screws. i am reluctant to try to remove these. as mentioned, it does not affect the operation of the amp, other than one tube not glowing as bright, so will likely just let it be.
My Auris HA2SF has an LED light located under a tube that when out the other day as well. The LED lights up when first turning on the amp but once the tubes warm, the LED shuts off. As mentioned, the LED is purely cosmetic and when I contacted Auris, they stated that they have removed the LED lights on current production. If I had it my way, I'd rather not have the LED's. I'm hesitant to pack up the amp and send it in for warranty repair for such a minor issue but it does bother me and if I ever happen to sell the unit, having an LED that is not functioning would hurt resell value.

Has anyone repaired this issue on their own. I agree with the post above that removing the tube does expose the LED and removing the face plate to get to the LED seems like it would be easy enough to do. Before I decide on whether I attempt this or not, I thought I'd reach out here and see if anyone has self fixed this issue.

Aug 1, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #311 of 376
My Auris HA2SF has an LED light located under a tube that when out the other day as well. The LED lights up when first turning on the amp but once the tubes warm, the LED shuts off. As mentioned, the LED is purely cosmetic and when I contacted Auris, they stated that they have removed the LED lights on current production. If I had it my way, I'd rather not have the LED's. I'm hesitant to pack up the amp and send it in for warranty repair for such a minor issue but it does bother me and if I ever happen to sell the unit, having an LED that is not functioning would hurt resell value.

Has anyone repaired this issue on their own. I agree with the post above that removing the tube does expose the LED and removing the face plate to get to the LED seems like it would be easy enough to do. Before I decide on whether I attempt this or not, I thought I'd reach out here and see if anyone has self fixed this issue.
Regarding sonics, this amplifier is what I had hoped for when I purchased it new back in November of last year. It sounds fantastic, never running of our steam powering my somewhat efficient Meze Empyreans. I've always been a tube lover and have enjoyed tubes in my loudspeaker system for years. This amp delivers a well balanced presentation from top to bottom. It's not overly sweet or euphoric but to my ears just a touch of warmth and delicacy compared to a good solid state amp. It's very quiet and build quality seems to be excellent with the exception of the LED's used under the tubes.

Today, a second LED located under a power tube died. I've been contemplating on what to do regarding the first LED that failed. Shipping it to the factor authorized repair center located in Southern California will cost me close to $200 in freight cost back and forth as Auris's warranty does not cover freight. I contacted a local AV repair center and they gave me a $200 estimate to disconnect all five LEDs. I'm somewhat handy with the soldering iron and thought that perhaps I could do the repair myself but could not get any support for the manufacture or dealer.

As I noted in my earlier post, Auris stated they no longer ship current units with the LEDs under the tubes. I'm guessing that LED's failing could be an issue for amps in the field as with the previous poster. Yes, I'm a bit frustrated with my situation and at this point, will try to continue to enjoy this excellent sounding amp with functioning LED's or not. I'm hoping that eventually the other three LED's will go out on their own. I hope my post does not prevent anyone from purchasing one of these amps as I couldn't be happier with the way it sounds.

Nov 28, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #312 of 376
hello, being the owner of the auris HA2sf amp for not too long, there would be some who changed the power supply of the auris amp, by what other power supply and above all are they satisfied, the expense should not be negligible, thank you
tony

Nov 28, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #313 of 376
I commented on it earlier in this thread. It’s been a long time, and I’ve kept with the GL.
on the auris HA 2SF I tried the JJ, TAD premium, Electro harmonix, and the Psvane, the best is the most rigorous, the most precise, the most beautiful Psvane on all frequencies, it is true that it is the more expensive,
tony

Dec 4, 2022 at 11:20 PM Post #314 of 376
being the owner of the Auris HA 2SF I also have the HEDDphone helmet, I was able to try the Meze Empyrean helmet, a good helmet but prefer it the HEDDphone helmet its width of stage is wider than on the Empyrean helmet, it is it true that the Empyrean headset is easier to ride, my question, has anyone been able to compare other headsets than the HEDDphone on the Auris HA 2SF, but other headsets that have the same HEDDphone stage width, without go on excessive prices, thank you

Jan 3, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #315 of 376
I recently received the optional $100 remote control for this amp. It was on backorder at the time when I placed the order for this amp. Yeah, it would have been nice if a remote was included with a $2500 amplifier but overall quality of this remote is outstanding, much better than anticipated. The overall feel is simply fantastic. It has a very weighted feel as it is made I'm guessing from solid aluminum, uses pancake style batteries (included) and the buttons feel of quality. The functionality is also outstanding as pushing the volume up and down give one perfectly smooth attenuation in fairly small increments. The mute button functions as it should and when engaged, you can faintly still hear the music which lets one know that music is still playing.

So I guess what I'm saying is that the remote control pairs perfectly with the build quality of this fantastic sounding amp.
Where the heck do I get this dang remote?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back