Auris HA2 SF
Apr 18, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #167 of 376
the headfonia review is fairly positive although not glowing.

++

The HA2-SF is a great amp for many headphones. It has all the power you will ever need and you have both a single ended as well as a balanced output which you can use to “finetune” your headphone’s sound. The HA2-SF isn’t the perfect amp for all headphones, but that’s the case for all amplifiers.

The Euforia and the HA2-SE/SF each have things they’re really good at, but if I have to rank them I would say SF > Euforia > SE. You could however prefer the more tubish sound of the Euforia, but looking at the technicalities, the Auris Audio HA2-SF is the clear winner in my humble opinion.

The Auris Audio HA2-SF and Euforia AE are very close to each other looking at the level of technicalities. Their sound signature is similar, but the Euforia has the more smooth and lush tube sound, where the SF sounds more neutral, and has less smoothness and warmth.

I’m very pleased with the Auris Audio HA2-SF. The updated model now not only has a balanced circuitry and gain selection, but it is technically stronger and more high-end sounding. Sure, it is more expense, but it is worth it.

To me the HA2-SF is even punching and playing a little above its price point, even though it’s no longer a cheap amp to start with. It’s not the ultimate amp for tube rolling, but I think that for many is a good thing as it’s easier to get into tube amps.

Apr 26, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #170 of 376
update: I have used the Gold Lion driver tube for a while, and prefer it to the stock tube. The former sounds a bit more punchy, but overdriven to me. Sometimes I like this, like for synth heavy electronic music. For most things, I prefer the latter.

Also, I have swapped in the gold-pinned tubes for the drivers, and I think they are a little better, but still pretty early experience (20 hours or so). Improvement is in upper midrange, mostly, and to a lesser extent in the highs. Still improving. We will see where this ends up. Not worlds of difference like the drivers, however.

May 1, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #172 of 376
^any specific reason for this trade? Just asking as wondering which tube amp to buy

May 2, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #174 of 376
Cool, keep us updated where you end up. I believe that both are amazing, just different

May 2, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #175 of 376
I finally got around to trying the HA-2SF as preamp to my powered speakers. It works perfectly, and sounds at least as good as my Phonitor X in this capacity. Downside of this approach is that the HA-2SF drives preamp out and headphone out concurrently, whilst the Phonitor X has a switch. I need to mute the speakers to use headphones on the Auris. No big deal, since speakers have a remote. I control volume with the amp, rather than the speakers.

May 13, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #177 of 376
I can, but I have the Euforia AE, and I am months and many tube-rolls removed from the stock experience. Short answer: they are both great, sound different, and I can't come up with a reason to sell either of them. Both make everything sound great. HA-2SF is more versatile in terms of headphone choice. Euforia can't drive Hedd very well.

May 19, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #178 of 376
I just picked up a used Auris ha-2 se (I know this is the SF thread).... The SE uses 5 tubes: 1 ECC82 input & 4 x PL95 (or EL95) for power tubes.

I currently have matched pairs of the following tubes that I have used for my Lyr:

6N23P SWGP Silver Shields
Siemens E188CC
Mullard CV4109
Telefunken ECC88

Am I able to roll any of these into the Ecc82 input slot as the pins look to lineup but not sure if I risk damaging the amp or tube itself? I'm not completely familiar with PL95 tubes or EL95 tubes but are there any other better options I can roll into these that would work?

May 21, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #179 of 376
I just picked up a used Auris ha-2 se (I know this is the SF thread).... The SE uses 5 tubes: 1 ECC82 input & 4 x PL95 (or EL95) for power tubes.

I currently have matched pairs of the following tubes that I have used for my Lyr:

Siemens E188CC
Mullard CV4109
Telefunken ECC88

Am I able to roll any of these into the Ecc82 input slot as the pins look to lineup but not sure if I risk damaging the amp or tube itself? I'm not completely familiar with PL95 tubes or EL95 tubes but are there any other better options I can roll into these that would work?
Wrong thread, as noted. But I own an HA2-SE and was advised by the factory to use either PL-95 (which they can supply) or EL-95 power tubes, always remembering to properly set the rear selector switch. And Auris agreed with me that a mil spec CV4003 is a good upgrade within the 12AU7/ECC82 family...I like NOS Brimar's and Mullard's. They also advised against swapping in a 12AX7 for the 12AU7.

May 21, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #180 of 376
Wrong thread, as noted. But I own an HA2-SE and was advised by the factory to use either PL-95 (which they can supply) or EL-95 power tubes, always remembering to properly set the rear selector switch. And Auris agreed with me that a mil spec CV4003 is a good upgrade within the 12AU7/ECC82 family...I like NOS Brimar's and Mullard's. They also advised against swapping in a 12AX7 for the 12AU7.

Yes I had to post here as the HA2-SE thread has been dormant for years so thought his would be the appropriate alternative.

Sorry to be dense but to clarify can I put place any of the following tubes in the input slot or in place of the ECC82?

Siemens E188CC
Mullard CV4109
Telefunken ECC88

I am planning to keep using the provided PL/EL 95 tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back