Auris HA2 SF
Jun 23, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #226 of 376
With the Auris Audio HS2-SF i also changed all Headphone Cables. Checkout Lavricables, pure Silver wire available in 4 different versions. I can highly recommend Lavricable for all interconnects from RCA/XLR/USB to all Headphone cables & connectors possible.

https://www.lavricables.com/

Lavricable.jpg

Jun 27, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #227 of 376
Hello,
Has anybody tried the HA-2SF with ZMF Verite Closed? Do they pair well?

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #228 of 376
Hello,
Has anybody tried the HA-2SF with ZMF Verite Closed? Do they pair well?
I currently have the HA-2SF with the VC in my chain. I feel it pairs better than the VOs. The enhanced presence and mids in the VC has good synergy with the large soundstage of the auris. And it helps that both the amp and the cans slam well.

Jun 30, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #229 of 376
I currently have the HA-2SF with the VC in my chain. I feel it pairs better than the VOs. The enhanced presence and mids in the VC has good synergy with the large soundstage of the auris. And it helps that both the amp and the cans slam well.
Thanks! I am waiting for my VC to enjoy it on the HA-2SF.

Jul 3, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #230 of 376
I agree with this, but for the JJ driver tubes, the gold pin variant sounds different and better. Perhaps the tube internals are slightly better. There need to be more driver options for thi

I agree with this, but for the JJ driver tubes, the gold pin variant sounds different and better. Perhaps the tube internals are slightly better. There need to be more driver options for this amp.
I am sorry, but the only diffrences is the pins. The Auris Audio HA2-SF has no gold pins- so it makes no sense

Jul 3, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #231 of 376
Fine. Whatever. It sounds a little different to me. Maybe it’s just a better matched set and has nothing to do with the gold. I really don’t care. I agree that it does not make enough difference to recommend replacing the tubes for a meaningful improvement. Changing driver tube made much bigger difference. I prefer the Gold Lion driver to the JJ, but can’t call it objectively better. It’s a bit more musical to me. I’ve not tried any other driver options, and doubt I will, as the two options I have here are so very good.

I think that HA-2SF is a great package, straight out of the box, even with no tube rolling. Improvements are best sought elsewhere in the chain, with power conditioning, quality interconnects, and good source/DAC.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #232 of 376
Fine. Whatever. It sounds a little different to me. Maybe it’s just a better matched set and has nothing to do with the gold. I really don’t care. I agree that it does not make enough difference to recommend replacing the tubes for a meaningful improvement. Changing driver tube made much bigger difference. I prefer the Gold Lion driver to the JJ, but can’t call it objectively better. It’s a bit more musical to me. I’ve not tried any other driver options, and doubt I will, as the two options I have here are so very good.

I think that HA-2SF is a great package, straight out of the box, even with no tube rolling. Improvements are best sought elsewhere in the chain, with power conditioning, quality interconnects, and good source/DAC.
I am with you that the HA-SF is a great Amp with stock tube. After our Discussion concerning the JJ Gold Pins im pm my Dealer of choice. In case this is true i would change all my ECC-99JJ. First , he recommendend to try a NOS Driver Tube. (Thanks to pgkrish!). I bought a NOS Telefunken ECC82 from Germany. I was surprised to found out it didt not change the Sound to the better. So back to my Dealer, he offered me to check my 4 ECC-99JJ. 2 Days later he contactet me an told me the Set is not matchet or has be damged. I asked him if i should order 4 matchet ECC-99 Golpins. The Answer was short and clear. The Filament of the Goldpins ist identical, and as long the sockets has no Goldcontacts it makes no difference. He could easyli Sold me the costlier Goldpins, instead he check my Stock Tubes for free (with diagram). I got 4 matched ECC-99 JJ and he send me a alternative to the Telefunken - A NOS Sylvania 6189W / 12AU7 PH - JAN/NOS to compare.

After (80 Hours) implementing the matched ECC-99 the hiss from the right channel was gone(even when i was minimal). The same with the weird sounds from the left Channel. An indeed the Sylvany NOS Driver was the most important Update. I am not saying the Stock Tubes i received from Auris where inferior. Maybe something happanend while shipping, maybe i drank to much an damaged them :beerchug:. After this experience i have to Ask: Are you sure you got the best assembly ? Have you testet if your ECC-99 are matched ? I am quite shure this should be the first Priority !

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #233 of 376
I am with you that the HA-SF is a great Amp with stock tube. After our Discussion concerning the JJ Gold Pins im pm my Dealer of choice. In case this is true i would change all my ECC-99JJ. First , he recommendend to try a NOS Driver Tube. (Thanks to pgkrish!). I bought a NOS Telefunken ECC82 from Germany. I was surprised to found out it didt not change the Sound to the better. So back to my Dealer, he offered me to check my 4 ECC-99JJ. 2 Days later he contactet me an told me the Set is not matchet or has be damged. I asked him if i should order 4 matchet ECC-99 Golpins. The Answer was short and clear. The Filament of the Goldpins ist identical, and as long the sockets has no Goldcontacts it makes no difference. He could easyli Sold me the costlier Goldpins, instead he check my Stock Tubes for free (with diagram). I got 4 matched ECC-99 JJ and he send me a alternative to the Telefunken - A NOS Sylvania 6189W / 12AU7 PH - JAN/NOS to compare.

After (80 Hours) implementing the matched ECC-99 the hiss from the right channel was gone(even when i was minimal). The same with the weird sounds from the left Channel. An indeed the Sylvany NOS Driver was the most important Update. I am not saying the Stock Tubes i received from Auris where inferior. Maybe something happanend while shipping, maybe i drank to much an damaged them :beerchug:. After this experience i have to Ask:
Are you sure you got the best assembly ? Have you testet if your ECC-99 are matched ? I am quite shure this should be the first Priority !

Addendum
I dont want in now way dimmish your experience with your choice of Tubes. I would always prefere matched Goldpins to random ECC-99. I just wanted to share the importance of a matched Set...

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #236 of 376
I’ve not tried others. I know that there are many good NOS options, not all of which are called ECC82. I like the Gold Lion enough to hang loose, until someone recommendeds some other magic driver tube for this amp. Stock and this sound great. I’m sure that others will too. It’s a very good amp.

Jul 18, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #237 of 376
Thanks! I am waiting for my VC to enjoy it on the HA-2SF.
This is very interesting. We have a similar set-up: VC and Sparkos for SS with Hugo/Qutest as DAC. For tube amp, I'm also looking at either the HA-2SF or LTA MZ2. I need something compact in each case.

How did the pairing of the HA-2SF and VC go for you?

Jul 18, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #238 of 376
This is very interesting. We have a similar set-up: VC and Sparkos for SS with Hugo/Qutest as DAC. For tube amp, I'm also looking at either the HA-2SF or LTA MZ2. I need something compact in each case.

How did the pairing of the HA-2SF and VC go for you?
I haven’t received the VC yet, hopefully soon.

Jul 19, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #239 of 376
I haven’t received the VC yet, hopefully soon.
Got it. Can you tell me - could the amp sit on top of the Sparkos or is too cumbersome?

Jul 19, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #240 of 376
Got it. Can you tell me - could the amp sit on top of the Sparkos or is too cumbersome?
I wouldn’t do it, the Auris is too heavy. Also the tubes get very hot so you will need plenty of clearance to above.
Which DAC do you have?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back