AURALiC owners unite!
Jun 14, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #2,086 of 2,392
One question using the Mini with an internal SSD. Has anyone run into trouble trying to move music into the network folder created by Auralic in a Windows PC?

In the Auralic instructions it tells you that you can simply drag and drop new music from your PC into the Auralic network folder that's automatically created. My issue is Windows does not allow me to paste anything into the folders, the options are grayed out as if I don't have any permissions to read/write.

I've run through all of the folder permissions in Windows 10 but nothing seems to work.

To note I tried this from a MAC and it worked just as advertised. But the MAC is my wife's, I don't use it and would be a huge PITA to have to transfer files from my PC to the MAC and then to the Mini.

One thing I noticed is in the Auralic instructions the network folder looks like it's a mapped drive, not a network location as it seems to show up on my PC. But I don't see any other way of adding the folder, and I could be wrong? Not sure if this even matters?

Appreciate any suggestions!

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #2,087 of 2,392
I never had a problem. All I do is drag and it starts to copy, then rescan from Lightning DS.

Jun 14, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #2,089 of 2,392
It shows as a network location.

Jul 10, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #2,091 of 2,392
The Taurus user guide says "All outputs and jack are active under STD mode; RCA outputs at the back panel and 6.35mm stereo headphone jack will be muted under BAL mode for proper operation. For best sonic performance, please connect only one kind of outputs/jack at a same time."

So if I listen to SE headphones I'd need to turn off my active monitors connected via XLR?

Jul 20, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #2,092 of 2,392
I've had my Taurus for a week now and I'm getting a better feel for it. The realism and imaging is spooky. It gives my dynamic headphones a kick I haven't experienced before, along with serious bass extension. With my HD650 the bass extension can feel like a bit much, like I flipped on a broad band bass boost. I read all about how this is a neutral amp but the bass lift is audible even through my small powered monitors that naturally drop off around 70hz. Is anyone else hearing this?

Jul 20, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #2,093 of 2,392
I've had my Taurus for a week now and I'm getting a better feel for it. The realism and imaging is spooky. It gives my dynamic headphones a kick I haven't experienced before, along with serious bass extension. With my HD650 the bass extension can feel like a bit much, like I flipped on a broad band bass boost. I read all about how this is a neutral amp but the bass lift is audible even through my small powered monitors that naturally drop off around 70hz. Is anyone else hearing this?
Probably what you're hearing is the hd650 getting enough power to power the bass as it's available in the audio source

Jul 22, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #2,096 of 2,392
Has anybody a good Tube-Amp idea to pair with Auralic VEGA?

Running A&S Mogwai SE from my Altair (soon to be Vega G1) very good combo i feel. Easily adjustable to compliment the sabre properly on a large scale of "warmth". Can post back when i get the G1. Also carries the dynamics and details over wonderfully.

Jul 23, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #2,100 of 2,392
When I have a headphone plugged via the XLR output, and I set the output of the amp to SE, I still get sound, which sounds different than when changing output to BAL. It seems to be using the different SE architecture and feeds it out of the XLR output as well as SE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back