AURALiC owners unite!
Feb 1, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #286 of 2,392
Hi there, first actual post and just to say I am running in my new Taurus mk2 amp which I picked up earlier today. I am surprised how good it sounds in comparison to my Heed Canamp despite only a few hours use. I am using Sennheiser HD 800s and I think this combination works extremely well.

Anyway thats it for the moment! Oh and I have an ARK MX+ as my DAC so even my CDs sound good!!!

Feb 1, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #287 of 2,392
Hi there, first actual post and just to say I am running in my new Taurus mk2 amp which I picked up earlier today. I am surprised how good it sounds in comparison to my Heed Canamp despite only a few hours use. I am using Sennheiser HD 800s and I think this combination works extremely well.

Anyway thats it for the moment! Oh and I have an ARK MX+ as my DAC so even my CDs sound good!!!

First of all, welcome to Head-Fi! I'd give the customary surgeon generals warning about the dangers of Head-Fi to the health of your wallet, except you have the HD800, Taurus and the Ark MX+, so it'd be redundant.

I'm primarily using the HE-6 and HD800 from my Taurus MKII, enjoy the pairing with the Senns as you do.

Feb 1, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #288 of 2,392
Cheers mate, I am coming back into HiFi after quite a long break, so half my system is brand new and the other half quite elderly (original Roksan Xerxes and so forth). Meantime I am using the Auralic with the standard cable and jack unbalanced until I can borrow some balanced cables from my dealer. I have read that the Cardas cables are good with the HD 800s but I might have to start with Sennheisers own balanced as there isnt a Cardas dealer hereabouts. Mind you its not a big issue given the cost of them!!! 

Feb 1, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #289 of 2,392
Artemis cables BOW (UP-OCC silver) Medusa (12x24awg leads) is VERY good compared to stock cables :)

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #290 of 2,392
I am seriously considering a Vega and Taurus Mk.II combination. Would you guys recommend SE or balanced connections? Headphones will be LCD-X and possibly HE6.

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #291 of 2,392
If the HE-6 is in the mix I preferred balanced.

Feb 4, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #294 of 2,392
  I am seriously considering a Vega and Taurus Mk.II combination. Would you guys recommend SE or balanced connections? Headphones will be LCD-X and possibly HE6.

With Taurus you can drive XLR terminated headphones via single or balanced circuit, there is SE/BE switch on a front panel.
I really prefer T1, HD800, and HD650 balanced.

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #296 of 2,392
Excellent! Been checking for the review for the last week or so!

Feb 8, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #297 of 2,392

Nice review!

Was it a good preamp as well?

Feb 8, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #298 of 2,392
Thanks everyone! Feel free to comment on it over there, it's always appreciated.

As a pre-amp, the Taurus does a fine job. But honestly that hasn't been much of a focus for me. They say their Taurus Pre is voiced differently, to be a somewhat brighter if I recall correctly. I don't know how they compare directly but I don't feel the Taurus mkII is in any way dark when used as a preamp. Lack of remote could be seen as a downside though - I think the Taurus Pre does come with a remote. 

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #299 of 2,392
  Thanks everyone! Feel free to comment on it over there, it's always appreciated.

As a pre-amp, the Taurus does a fine job. But honestly that hasn't been much of a focus for me. They say their Taurus Pre is voiced differently, to be a somewhat brighter if I recall correctly. I don't know how they compare directly but I don't feel the Taurus mkII is in any way dark when used as a preamp. Lack of remote could be seen as a downside though - I think the Taurus Pre does come with a remote. 

Very well written review, IMO how all reviews should be done.  Any comparisons with the Schiit Mjolnir or GSXmk2?

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #300 of 2,392
  Very well written review, IMO how all reviews should be done.  Any comparisons with the Schiit Mjolnir or GSXmk2?

I asked in relation to the GS-X comparison over at the review, thought it should be rewarded with some discussion in the comments there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back