AURALiC owners unite!
Oct 13, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #121 of 2,392

Perfect, thanks a lot.
My Vega won't be lonely for too long.
biggrin.gif

something like this?
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 13, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #122 of 2,392

Agreed, this DAC is rocking and satisfies on every level.

+1
it is very detailed yet very musical, a combination not so easy to achieve. someone (I think was Darko) said it is "dry warm", whatever that could mean 
biggrin.gif

I have auditioned the Vega against the Metrum Hex and the MSB Analog before buying it. all of the three sounded gorgeous, really top level, and the choice IMHO must be done on personal taste. and my personal prefernce for speed, dynamic, liveliness, made me buy the Vega, even if I must admit that the MSB was somewhat incrementally better in every aspect, but the price for that really really really minimal improvement was for me too high (to be clear, not the absolute price, I think the Analog is correctly priced against its performance, but the difference in price with the Vega when compared with the sonic improvement.... double the price for 1% more? no, thanks)

Oct 13, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #123 of 2,392
+1
it is very detailed yet very musical, a combination not so easy to achieve. someone (I think was Darko) said it is "dry warm", whatever that could mean :D

I have auditioned the Vega against the Metrum Hex and the MSB Analog before buying it. all of the three sounded gorgeous, really top level, and the choice IMHO must be done on personal taste. and my personal prefernce for speed, dynamic, liveliness, made me buy the Vega, even if I must admit that the MSB was somewhat incrementally better in every aspect, but the price for that really really really minimal improvement was for me too high (to be clear, not the absolute price, I think the Analog is correctly priced against its performance, but the difference in price with the Vega when compared with the sonic improvement.... double the price for 1% more? no, thanks)

You saved me cash friend. I was comparing the Vega with the Analog and was leaning towards the latter. I share your same preferences - dynamism, speed etc and your views have helped me change my mind.
This is a 2014 purchase though. Can't wait. :cry:

Oct 13, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #124 of 2,392

+1
it is very detailed yet very musical, a combination not so easy to achieve. someone (I think was Darko) said it is "dry warm", whatever that could mean 
biggrin.gif

I think 6moons said that about the Taurus

Oct 13, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #125 of 2,392

+1
biggrin.gif

I think 6moons said that about the Taurus

Yep, that was 6 moons "medieval poetry" about Taurus
biggrin.gif

Warmth how the Taurus does it is dry. Sadly hifi lingo has established a negative connotation. To our kind dry reads 'not liquid'. Surely that's terribly undesirable? Let's take your brutally sweltering summer day. It feels like stepping into an overheated greenhouse. Immediately your breathing gets laboured. That's a lot harder to enjoy than the same temperatures at standard humidity or even high desert aridness. Combine dry plus warm in that context. The upshot for audio is plain. It's simply a more damped taut sound rather than being decidely elastic and buoyant. But the gestalt isn't ramrod rigid. It's precise and focused rather than loose and slightly soft of focus. Don't think overly incisive, angular or subjectively speedy. This feel is more relaxed and the attacks are slightly soft. Because this mix of attributes removes subliminal objections, it's an invitation to playing it loud. Usually doing that with the HD800 is a sure bet for quick fatigue. The Taurus recipe of grip, bass moxy, dry warmth, relaxation and slightly blunt-tipped transients eliminates those thorns.

I am still recovering from digesting this piece.
blink.gif

Oct 16, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #129 of 2,392
So the Taurus MK II still has some warmth and fullness as the MK I had ? My interest is especially with the HE-500, don´t want to buy another neutral head-amp. 

Oct 16, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #130 of 2,392
  So the Taurus MK II still has some warmth and fullness as the MK I had ? My interest is especially with the HE-500, don´t want to buy another neutral head-amp. 

Frankly, from what I gather they look so similar you probably wont hear the difference. But that's just my guess. 

Oct 16, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #131 of 2,392

Frankly, from what I gather they look so similar you probably wont hear the difference. But that's just my guess. 

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f20-buy-and-sell-audio-and-computer-components-no-dealers/feeler-auralic-ark-mx-taurus-head-amp-pre-17264/#post250467
 Response from Auralic on difference from MKI and MKII:

"The original TAURUS was designed only workable under 220-240V power supply. The new one is coming with a internal jumper so customers can switch it when they want to travel to a country with different power supply. Beside this, the MKII is optimized for Audeze LCD2 and LCD3"

I've also read comments that MKII is less warm, not sure if that's part  of Audeze "optimization"

Oct 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #132 of 2,392
Oct 16, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #133 of 2,392

If this is true, then color me uninterested. I was hoping it would be slightly south of neutral and would complement my Audez'e cans. Although the 2.2 is dark enough !

Audeze needs more warmth?

Oct 16, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #135 of 2,392
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f20-buy-and-sell-audio-and-computer-components-no-dealers/feeler-auralic-ark-mx-taurus-head-amp-pre-17264/#post250467
Response from Auralic on difference from MKI and MKII:

"The original TAURUS was designed only workable under 220-240V power supply. The new one is coming with a internal jumper so customers can switch it when they want to travel to a country with different power supply. Beside this, the MKII is optimized for Audeze LCD2 and LCD3"

I have not read anything except general statements about what the Audeze-optimization implies. My guess is it is really minor changes. Except they sorted iout the 110V issues, which is good news for those whouse it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back