AURALiC owners unite!
Jan 19, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #1,097 of 2,398
  Now the proud owner of a Taurus Mark II. Stunning with my LCD-X. Is it worth using a balanced headphone cable if the input from the DAC is RCA?

Yes. 

Jan 19, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #1,098 of 2,398
Now the proud owner of a Taurus Mark II. Stunning with my LCD-X. Is it worth using a balanced headphone cable if the input from the DAC is RCA?

The power output of the balanced out is different at different resistances...
As well as using a different module.

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #1,101 of 2,398

I am waiting on my repaired LCD3's to come tomorrow and I'm excited as they will be like new with new drivers and ear pads and grills etc. My question is that would my LCD3's in theory sound better with the stock balanced cable or with my ALO after market single ended. The ALO cable is very pricy($500) but the stock balanced cable is worth maybe $60 or so. I should mention I'm using a Taurus MK2.

Jan 19, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #1,102 of 2,398

I am waiting on my repaired LCD3's to come tomorrow and I'm excited as they will be like new with new drivers and ear pads and grills etc. My question is that would my LCD3's in theory sound better with the stock balanced cable or with my ALO after market single ended. The ALO cable is very pricy($500) but the stock balanced cable is worth maybe $60 or so. I should mention I'm using a Taurus MK2.

My money is on the stock balanced cable sounding better.

I have the same combination (Taurus mk2, 3F) and I absolutely love it!  Enjoy!!!

Jan 21, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #1,103 of 2,398
Hello Auralic mates
beerchug.gif

I'm the happy owner of a Vega DAC and a Taurus MKII.

Recently I discovered a strange behaviour, turning on the DAC (with sleep disabled, so from a completely power-off situation) I can choose the "exact" clock without waiting any time, while until some time ago at least 1 hour was needed. Can anyone see the same behaviour??

If I understood it correctly, now Aries can transport DSD256, do you guys know if there is any plan to make Vega compatible with DSD256? I seem to remember that some "rumours" came out last year about this..........

rgrds
mike

Jan 21, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #1,104 of 2,398
  Hello Auralic mates
beerchug.gif

I'm the happy owner of a Vega DAC and a Taurus MKII.

Recently I discovered a strange behaviour, turning on the DAC (with sleep disabled, so from a completely power-off situation) I can choose the "exact" clock without waiting any time, while until some time ago at least 1 hour was needed. Can anyone see the same behaviour??

If I understood it correctly, now Aries can transport DSD256, do you guys know if there is any plan to make Vega compatible with DSD256? I seem to remember that some "rumours" came out last year about this..........

rgrds
mike

My Vega won't allow exact mode for around an hour after a cold start. Option just isn't there in the menu - never seen it behave any differently. Try unplugging it completely from the power supply [EDIT - then plug it back in] and see what happens - you should see exact mode disabled.

Jan 21, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #1,105 of 2,398
My Vega won't allow exact mode for around an hour after a cold start. Option just isn't there in the menu - never seen it behave any differently. Try unplugging it completely from the power supply [EDIT - then plug it back in] and see what happens - you should see exact mode disabled.

The purpose of the 'sleep' standby mode is to allow immediate exact mode, so the behaviour described is as intended. I believe from memory it is even in the manual. Mine does it, although there is the occasional little jitter for a few minutes in exact mode when starting it direct from standby. Doesn't anyone know how to use their DAC? :p

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #1,106 of 2,398

tnx for your reply.

yes, until some time ago my Vega was behaving exactly as yours, i.e. no option in the menu, then suddenly at some point in time the option menu is there from the start. by the way, the exact option is working fine, even if there are some dropouts at higher fs if the Vega is cold.
my fw version is 1.7 (HW 1.2)

I will try this evening the "unplug" method (reminds me of ctrl-alt-canc
biggrin.gif
)

rgrds
mike

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #1,107 of 2,398
The purpose of the 'sleep' standby mode is to allow immediate exact mode, so the behaviour described is as intended. I believe from memory it is even in the manual. Mine does it, although there is the occasional little jitter for a few minutes in exact mode when starting it direct from standby. Doesn't anyone know how to use their DAC?
tongue.gif

nope is not as intended in my case, the sleep mode is disabled on my Vega as I wrote.......

Jan 22, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #1,109 of 2,398
by the way, I'm particularly worried about this only because some time ago I had to service my vega for a problem in the femto clock.... and I hope I will not have to send again the dac in China for a month.... :frowning2:

If sleep mode not activated there is definitely a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back