AURALiC owners unite!
Apr 17, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #1,726 of 2,392
as you probably all know,Taurus MK2 have build in permanent crossfeed at quiet high level -50db from balanced output.I wonder,could it be DIY modded to disable that crossfeed? I imagine it as some sort of wire connecting both channels,if we could cut that wire it could maybe turn it off?   

Apr 17, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #1,727 of 2,392
  as you probably all know,Taurus MK2 have build in permanent crossfeed at quiet high level -50db from balanced output.I wonder,could it be DIY modded to disable that crossfeed? I imagine it as some sort of wire connecting both channels,if we could cut that wire it could maybe turn it off?   

This is only in balanced output? Strangely, the HD 800 S has a bigger soundstage in balanced while crossfeed should reduce it.

Apr 17, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #1,729 of 2,392

Where do you get this info?

Apr 19, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #1,732 of 2,392
Crosstalk doesn't mean crossfeed...

its same thing,except when its intentional its called "crossfeed" and when its unwanted its called crosstalk.I hate it,I think having crossfeed constantly on was  decision made by Auralic to give taurus some magic supersauce that would make it stand out compared to other amps.What makes me angry is that its forced upon us,you cant turn it off or even change crossfeed setting like SPL Phonitor.

Auralic is straigh up lying claiming it have crosstalk less than -80db at in 1khz on their official website,thats big fat lie,nowhere they say it have crossfeed circuit which is extremly important fact.Hey if you like crossfeed then enjoy,but I hate when someone straight up lies about their product,its not like some little unimportant lie,this is major thing that every customer should have right to know the truth about

Apr 19, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #1,733 of 2,392
I think you misunderstood, crosstalk is measured in every device to judge the unwanted influence on both channels (sorry English isn't my native language so hope you do understand :)) Auralic and other amps aren't design to profit of crosstalk. Crossfeed instead is designed to have some wanted overtalk on the channels to have a more realistic soundimage. Crosstalk can be seen as value in technical design. The less, the better...

Apr 19, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #1,734 of 2,392
I think you misunderstood, crosstalk is measured in every device to judge the unwanted influence on both channels (sorry English isn't my native language so hope you do understand :)) Auralic and other amps aren't design to profit of crosstalk. Crossfeed instead is designed to have some wanted overtalk on the channels to have a more realistic soundimage. Crosstalk can be seen as value in technical design. The less, the better...

Correct.
CrossTALK is the measure of the L&R channels interacting with each other. A dual mono amp would basically have none since the 2 channels are completely separated. 

CrossFEED is a deliberate circuit that you can switch in and out to get the headphone image out of your head. http://www.headphone.com/pages/headphone-imaging
An inverted signal from one channel is flipped out of phase and sent slightly time delayed, at a lower level into the opposite channel. This is done on both channels. 

Apr 19, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #1,735 of 2,392

Correct.
CrossTALK is the measure of the L&R channels interacting with each other. A dual mono amp would basically have none since the 2 channels are completely separated. 

CrossFEED is a deliberate circuit that you can switch in and out to get the headphone image out of your head. http://www.headphone.com/pages/headphone-imaging
An inverted signal from one channel is flipped out of phase and sent slightly time delayed, at a lower level into the opposite channel. This is done on both channels. 

Couldn't have said it better - says the Dutchman :)!

Apr 30, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #1,740 of 2,392
  Did anybody try hd 800s with auralic vega and taurus?

Sounds good. But I didn't hear shocking differences in favor of the Vega in comparison to the Chord Hugo. Hence why I didn't buy the DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back