Attachments

• Aune X8 (1).jpg
    Aune X8 (1).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 0
Jan 9, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #125 of 128
Mar 28, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #126 of 128
Hello guys.....

i have a problem with my aune X8....
audiphonics.fr refuses to take the unit back as the problem "has to be reproducable with windows and with no usb isolators or such" which is quiet the dick move of Audiophonics...

let me explain... i used a raspberry pi setup before and now a X86 Machine ... both with Linux....

now if i use the dac like 99% of people and just plug it in into windows or Linux with Pipewire managing the dac, the issue doesnt get triggered

but here is a easy way to trigger the issue:
use hq player and set up 48khz output mode.... now start a 44,1khz song .... let it play a few seconds ... then start a 48khz song... let it play few seconds... now repeat switching between the two songs till suddenly before the next song start there is ATLEAST -10db of output volume with "nasty white noisy effect"

(see this video, showing the issue, just triggered differently: )

for some reason ... if there is a the right constellation a few things trigger the white noise:
- turning on the device
- changing input and going back to usb (usb has to be connected as it seems)
- using hqplayer to switch samplerates

the thing with pipewire and windows is... these are resampling ... so they just stay connected to the dac IF you dont turn the unit off... this doesnt trigger the issue and therefore audiophonics says there is no issue with the device, tho i clearly sent them also the video

BTW: i have the aune X8 for a while, i reported the issue not long after buying to audiophonics but they also refused back then to take it back...

1. what would you guys do in my position? i feel like audiophonics should be a little more supportive... i have a clear issue i even demonstrated in the video but it feels like that they wanna save them some hassle/money...

2. ANYONE using Linux and can test their Aune X8 or did notice the same issue? , is this something that is reproducable on other units? or is my unit just defective even audiophonics.fr says it isnt?

BTW ... i tried to contact Aune not long ago after the first time i reported the issue to audiphonics and they refused to take action... well aune says, i need to use the local distributor.... the local distrubitor says... if you havent bought the device in my shop i cant give support, you need to handle it with audiophonics.fr

the support expierence i had with the Aune X8 is horrible....

i will probably avoid buying stuff at audiophonics in the future...

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #127 of 128
Hey,
Why do you turn the volume that high, all the way down to the right ? It's way passed the max limit ...

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:32 AM Post #128 of 128
Hey,
Why do you turn the volume that high, all the way down to the right ? It's way passed the max limit ...
because i usually use digital volume control on my PC, i guess this is kind of a fix, but a crappy one imo...

since the video i noticed tho that the Aune X8 seems to sound better if you only turn the volumeknob up to the "max" indicator (and i got still digital headroom in both cases), for me this is another flaw with the device

Users who are viewing this thread

Back