Aune x1s GT vs iFi Zen Dac v2 vs Topping DX3 Pro+
Jul 6, 2022 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Beanlipe

Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

I'll be using them with a Edition XS and a ATH-MSR7 and I'm planning to get a HD800s in the future.

Here is how I'm currently standing:
- Aune x1s GT: Love the aesthetics, would be perfect to mount where I want (vertically on the side of my drawers, under the desk).
- iFi Zen Dac V2: Seems like a popular choice and heard great things about the bass boost which seems fun but the weird shape would puts me off and would make it an awkward fit
- Topping DX3 Pro+: Measures great, looks like a solid and safe option but nothing really draws me to it

Would love to hear your guys experience and opinions about it.

Jul 7, 2022 at 7:42 PM Post #3 of 4
Interesting, I wasn't considering just getting an amp but I guess I could use my FiiO E18 as the DAC I suppose. The main reason I was looking for a combo is for simplicity sake and mainly space constrains.

Jul 7, 2022 at 8:06 PM Post #4 of 4
Using your fiio e18 as a dac/pre-amp will work fine. If anything, you can get a 3.5mm-male-to-dual-3-pin-xlr-female cable to connect the e18 to the a30 pro and keep the e18 on non-charging, until you get more money for a DAC later. The A30 Pro provides the same amount of power to its balanced and unbalanced front outputs, so the DAC will not have to be balanced, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back