Aune X1S 32bit DSD DAC worldwide review tour ------reviewers wanted !
Apr 25, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #451 of 460
  Hi Head-fiers,

I've been using the X1S with my HE-400i for quite some time now but I'm beginning to wonder if it has enough power to drive these cans. Is anyone else running this setup? I'd also like to find some recommendations for an amp to pair with the X1S DAC if the X1S alone is not enough power for the 400i. Appreciate any feedback!

The X1s will put 1.2 W into 32 ohms, and the HE400i are only 35 ohm.  Are they getting loud enough for you out of the X1S?

Apr 25, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #452 of 460

The X1s will put 1.2 W into 32 ohms, and the HE400i are only 35 ohm.  Are they getting loud enough for you out of the X1S?

Yes quite loud, I never go to max volume, but I do have it turned up to at least 2 o'clock for most listening. I guess if the volume is enough that means it's driving them? Thanks for the reply!

Apr 25, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #453 of 460
It's outputting more than enough power to drive them well. Any more power isn't going to make them sound different - just louder

Sep 2, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #454 of 460
Has anyone tried XP1 external linear power supply with their X1S? I'm not sure how new this products is but I can't seem to find any reviews.

http://en.auneaudio.com/index.php?s=Home/Article/detail/id/136.html

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #455 of 460
So I am planning on getting Fostex T50RP MK III
My first question is, would aune x1s be able to power it efficiently?
If not, what is a good amp that pairs well with Aune X1S (less than $200)?

Thank you in advance!

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #456 of 460
So I am planning on getting Fostex T50RP MK III
My first question is, would aune x1s be able to power it efficiently?
If not, what is a good amp that pairs well with Aune X1S (less than $200)?

Thank you in advance!

Yes. The Fostex T50RP is a fairly easy to drive planar and 1.2W into 32ohms will drive most headphones.

Nov 11, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #457 of 460
No problem. My X1S powers my original T-50 RPs without problem. Just watch that the X1S doesn't play well with ApplePlay for some reason. There's a self-induced streaming dropout every few seconds. Having said that I use this setup streaming Tidal optically out of my MacBook Pro and it's flawless IMHO.

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #459 of 460

Received yesterday !

Great design and build quality.

I didn't play with it for more than 20 minutes but here is what i have to say...

1)The amplifier is not as powerful stated in the head-fi user reviews (i am referring only to the "pumped" specs given from Aune to the reviewers ,and not the quality of the reviews).With the Fostex t50rp mk3 i need to get beyond 80% of the volume knob to get loud sound (not ear bleeding levels) .So i think that the 80mw@300 Ohm is the correct spec and not 200mw as given to the reviewers.With the HD598 it was very loud at 50% but it is not an achievement :p
Good think is that even at 80% i could not detect any distortion with the Fostex.I could be wrong though.
2)Improved sound compared to analogue out of the Squeezebox touch when using the coaxial output of the later.Better/tighter  lows and improved sound stage.
3)I only connected  the usb with the usb out of the Squeezebox touch but i had a pairing issue.The s.touch recognized the Aune , rebooted but was stuck in the beginning of the song.The status of the connection with the Aune in the audio settings was "stopped" .Could work with a reboot , but i didn't have more time.

If you have an idea about the usb issue with the Squeezebox touch , please share.

Overall , a great dac for the money ...

thanks for ur views man, i own 598 closedbacks and buying DT990 250ohm n he400i ... 598 r just 23ohm n my macbook pro n iphone 6s r quite enough for them, but i know i need a dac amp combo for others
i was going through this thread like a happy camper untill i saw ur post and my dreams r crushed :D
despite just 35ohm plannars, every one has different experience with them ... and 80mW @300ohm will also be quite low for DT 990 Pro 250ohm ...

Dec 5, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #460 of 460
Has anyone tried XP1 external linear power supply with their X1S? I'm not sure how new this products is but I can't seem to find any reviews.

http://en.auneaudio.com/index.php?s=Home/Article/detail/id/136.html

Time to resurrect this thread from the dead

But yea I actually have both the X1S and XP1. An you can get the XP1 here, though it's not at the top of the Google Search results :/

Anyways I did my initial listening via my LSR 305 MK II's and it sounded fine,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back