Aune X1S 32bit DSD DAC worldwide review tour ------reviewers wanted !
Feb 24, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #437 of 460
Username:  Nemoona​
Headphones:  Sennheiser HD 558, Logitech UE 6000 (the majority of the review will be composed with the '558's
Music Players:  Fiio X3ii
Reviews:  I haven't done any reviews, I'm planning on starting a video review channel soon but if I get chosen before I start the channel, I'll write a written review instead.
Would I like to organize a local tour?  Not really, I'd like to work as hard as I could on the review but I fear a local tour is beyond my capabilities.

I am a passionate audiophile, I'm trying to do my best and working hard to set up a good foundation for my video reviews.  I'm probably younger than most or all other entree's.  Hopefully I will be able to be one of the lucky selected Head-fi'ers!

Good luck to all of the other audiophiles who entered.

Mar 5, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #438 of 460

​

I recently purchased the AKG k7xx red

And I liked the reduce the price of a Aune X1S on massdrop.
but i read The Headphone out impedance 10 ohm! Is this may cause a problem in the Headphone or on the Sound?

and this Dac/amp will work with my Headphone Smoothly.؟

Mar 5, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #440 of 460
The AKG is 62 ohms, and has a relatively flat impedance curve, so the 10 ohm output impedance of the X1S shouldn't affect things too much as far as damping goes. And it will definitely have enough current.

Mar 9, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #442 of 460
  I never did hear back from Aune Audio after several attempts, however thanks to a review on Amazon, I DID find a webpage with the drivers and user manual in English for download:

http://www.ingeniousingenuity.com/User-Manuals_ep_43-1.html

You have to scroll down about 3/4 of the page and you'll see icons for the X1S User Manual and X1S Drivers.

There is a official Aune website in English with the newest drivers from December and the English manual (you have to choose the "Downloads" because the "Welcome" site is somehow broken - there are no links):
http://en.auneaudio.com/index.php?s=/Home/Article/detail/id/81.html

Apr 7, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #444 of 460
http://www.head-fi.org/products/aune-x1s-32bit-384khz-dsd-dac-headphone-amplifier/reviews/15626

Above ,the reviewer states that the power output of the x1s is :

Power Output:
1550 mW @ 16 Ohms
1220 mW @ 32 Ohms
200 mW @ 300 Ohms
100 mW @ 600 Ohms

These specs appear way better ,and different, than the ones posted in the official site ( 80mw@300 ohm )
Reviewer claims that the specs were given to him by Aune.

I would like Aune x1s to drive my fostex t50rp mk3.

If the reviewer's specs are correct, it would not be an issue.
Anyone tried the x1s with planars?

Apr 7, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #445 of 460
http://www.head-fi.org/products/aune-x1s-32bit-384khz-dsd-dac-headphone-amplifier/reviews/15626

Above ,the reviewer states that the power output of the x1s is :

Power Output:
1550 mW @ 16 Ohms
1220 mW @ 32 Ohms
200 mW @ 300 Ohms
100 mW @ 600 Ohms

These specs appear way better ,and different, than the ones posted in the official site ( 80mw@300 ohm )
Reviewer claims that the specs were given to him by Aune.

I would like Aune x1s to drive my fostex t50rp mk3.

If the reviewer's specs are correct, it would not be an issue.
Anyone tried the x1s with planars?

He probably copied it from my review - and I did question the Aune rep here before I posted - as I like to make sure I am accurate.  Here is the direct quote from the Aune rep - from our PM exchange

• Can you tell me the power output specifications under various loads (preferably 16, 32 and 300 ohms)?------------it is     16ohm/1550MW
            32ohm/1200MW
           50ohm/1000MW
           300ohm/200MW

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #447 of 460
Well all I can relay is what I was told.  I'll leave you to sleuth it out 
wink.gif

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #449 of 460
  Made the order !

When i receive , i will update , especially regarding the headphone amp section ...

Received yesterday !

Great design and build quality.

I didn't play with it for more than 20 minutes but here is what i have to say...

1)The amplifier is not as powerful stated in the head-fi user reviews (i am referring only to the "pumped" specs given from Aune to the reviewers ,and not the quality of the reviews).With the Fostex t50rp mk3 i need to get beyond 80% of the volume knob to get loud sound (not ear bleeding levels) .So i think that the 80mw@300 Ohm is the correct spec and not 200mw as given to the reviewers.With the HD598 it was very loud at 50% but it is not an achievement :p
Good think is that even at 80% i could not detect any distortion with the Fostex.I could be wrong though.
2)Improved sound compared to analogue out of the Squeezebox touch when using the coaxial output of the later.Better/tighter  lows and improved sound stage.
3)I only connected  the usb with the usb out of the Squeezebox touch but i had a pairing issue.The s.touch recognized the Aune , rebooted but was stuck in the beginning of the song.The status of the connection with the Aune in the audio settings was "stopped" .Could work with a reboot , but i didn't have more time.

If you have an idea about the usb issue with the Squeezebox touch , please share.

Overall , a great dac for the money ...

Apr 25, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #450 of 460
Hi Head-fiers,

I've been using the X1S with my HE-400i for quite some time now but I'm beginning to wonder if it has enough power to drive these cans. Is anyone else running this setup? I'd also like to find some recommendations for an amp to pair with the X1S DAC if the X1S alone is not enough power for the 400i. Appreciate any feedback!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back