Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Oct 5, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #2,956 of 8,309

That picturewas my tube, however i edited the photo slightly and didnt realise it turned the pins golden. haha so here is an unedited picture of my tube. I think those are the factory codes you are looking for? Sorry for the bad photos

Yes the factory codes seem to be GA? delta4C4. Can't really tell if that third symbol is 8 or what. Nevertheless, you got a 6DJ8 A-frame dimpled disc Amperex (produced in Holland Heerlen (Philips) factory during the 4th week of march 1974) in your hands. Good tube no doubt. Enjoy!

Oct 6, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #2,958 of 8,309
Got really really lucky today... Amperex Orange Globe 6GM8/ECC86 Holland Heerlen - for just 3£ !!! With shipping it cost me only 10€ - crazy deal! O_o Those tubes are usually priced really high and it`s quite rare! Here`s seller pic:

This is my first 6GM8/ECC86. All those 6GM8/ECC86`s have been so expensive and quite rare, that`s why I haven`t got it until now. Hope it`s good! ;P

Oct 6, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #2,960 of 8,309
Oct 6, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #2,961 of 8,309
Got really really lucky today... Amperex Orange Globe 6GM8/ECC86 Holland Heerlen - for just 3£ !!! With shipping it cost me only 10€ - crazy deal! O_o Those tubes are usually priced really high and it`s quite rare! Here`s seller pic:

This is my first 6GM8/ECC86. All those 6GM8/ECC86`s have been so expensive and quite rare, that`s why I haven`t got it until now. Hope it`s good! ;P

Great deal! Is it NOS?

Oct 6, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #2,962 of 8,309
Should be but you never know when buying from eBay. Prints on tube look very good and pins seem oxidized, looks NOS to me. 
Will take hq pictures when I receive it.

Btw, I updated tube list. Removed 6N1P (though it should work as I`ve read) + added some CV tubes with cross-reference links:
  6DJ8, ECC88, 6922, E88CC, 7308, 6N23P, 6N27P, 6N11, 7DJ8, PCC88, ECC189, 6ES8, 
E188CC, ECC86, 6GM8, PCC189, 7ES8, Cca, CV2492, CV2493, CV10320, CV5231, CV5354, 
CV5358, M3624, CV4108, CV5331, CV5464, CV5472, CV8065, CV9838, CV10320, CV10403

CV tube types cross-reference: http://www.audiotubes.com/cv2000.htm
Chinese tubes cross-reference: http://www.audiotubes.com/chinese.htm

Joeq70 should also update tube list in Q&A section.

Edit: 

Btw, is anyone in here interested of nice wooden tube collecting/storing box with soft-cushioned silk interior, lockable and transportable? I`m going to make one or two for myself out of cherry-wood and thought making some for selling.
Haven`t decided yet how large I should make them because I have around 35 tubes and some more coming probably, so, maybe 10-12 tubes for 1 storing box? 

Oct 7, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #2,963 of 8,309
  Got really really lucky today... Amperex Orange Globe 6GM8/ECC86 Holland Heerlen - for just 3£ !!! With shipping it cost me only 10€ - crazy deal! O_o Those tubes are usually priced really high and it`s quite rare!

I thought you're done with tube rolling :wink:

Btw, is anyone in here interested of nice wooden tube collecting/storing box with soft-cushioned silk interior, lockable and transportable? I`m going to make one or two for myself out of cherry-wood and thought making some for selling.
Haven`t decided yet how large I should make them because I have around 35 tubes and some more coming probably, so, maybe 10-12 tubes for 1 storing box? 

Making these yourself? That's really cool. Definitely interested to see some photos along the progress. My small cigar box has served me really well, but it only takes 10 tubes (spares are stocked into tube boxes). Looks and smells pretty cool. Here's some photos for those interested.

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #2,964 of 8,309
Oops about tube hoarding :D
I`m making my storing box totally different :wink: Much flatter and safer for tubes to transport.

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #2,965 of 8,309
  Oops about tube hoarding :D
I`m making my storing box totally different :wink: Much flatter and safer for tubes to transport.

You're right, these cigar box solutions are not good for moving tubes around. Heck, I'm even scared to move them around in my house :D But please do keep us posted. It's good to keep this fun thread active. I can already see you strolling along the streets of Tartu carrying homemade sleek looking briefcase full of precious tubes :D

Hey maybe you should come to Helsinki 1.-3.11.2013. We have a big HifiExpo here. We could also arrange tube listening sessions during this weekend :wink:

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #2,966 of 8,309
Hmmm, getting interested about that Hifiexpo but I need a place to stay. But I`ll think about it. Would be great opportunity to try high-end headphones and share tube impressions :) Got to raise tempo making my wooden HD-662F and tube case ;P

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #2,967 of 8,309
Originally Posted by CoiL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Btw, I updated tube list. Removed 6N1P (though it should work as I`ve read) + added some CV tubes with cross-reference links:

I'm no longer sure about this. I've just made a test with Audacity (trying my 6N1P rocket logo tubes) and this is what i got:

The upper wave is the input signal to the Aune and the lower one is what i get as output from it.

It looks like the tube only amplify half of the signal (the positive half); the negative one is completely clipped. It is strange that both me and Sarurururu got faulty tubes but this test speaks by itself. It's not all about grid tension, the negative half of the wave is clipped!
Can anyone here owning a 6N1P make a test? So we can definitely say if they work or not with the Aune T1.

This is a photo of the tubes.

Oct 7, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #2,968 of 8,309
  Hmmm, getting interested about that Hifiexpo but I need a place to stay. But I`ll think about it. Would be great opportunity to try high-end headphones and share tube impressions :) Got to raise tempo making my wooden HD-662F and tube case ;P

But seriously you should come. It would be nice to see some fellow head-fiers in person. Too bad I can't offer you a place to sleep since I'm just a guest myself (probably stay at my brothers place). But what I can do is try to get you a free ticket to the event. Take your headphones with you so you can compare them against some high end cans (last year there was basically the whole high end line of Sennheiser, Grado, Beyerdynamics, Hifiman, Shure, AKG... and not to mention the cool headphone amplifiers, high end speaker systems, optimized listening rooms + the whole offering of digiexpo). It was this same event last year where I found the K702 anniversaries and immediately fell in love with them.

Day trip maybe?

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #2,969 of 8,309
Oct 7, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #2,970 of 8,309
Just received a RTC PCC189 tube and Siemens PCC189. The ebay seller described the RTC tube as RTC philips PCC189, may I ask why is that?

On the other hand , the ebayer whom I just bought my AUNE T1 from had ran into trouble with ebay and the listing was removed by Ebay a few min ago. I had to open a resolution case to get back my money....... gonna wait for another couple of weeks before I can test all these beautiful tubes =(. GAHHHHH   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back