Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Aug 19, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #2,716 of 8,309
Quote:
I'm from China and Aune is a great HIFI company which can be dealed with.

Its cool how you have your cans shopped onto a stock picture.  I think you might be a rascal in disguise.. 
size]

Aug 19, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #2,717 of 8,309
Well, there is a thing call "photoshop"  
biggrin.gif
 .  I have no relationship with Aune and I don't personally own Aune's product but my friends who do all give me a good feedback.

FYI, I own a Musiland 03 Dargon ver.

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #2,718 of 8,309
Quote:
Couldn`t said it better! Spot-on description. But I want to point out that this "focused" doesn`t mean small or narrow, quite hard to explain for me.

Yes that's true. Different tubes with similar sound stage can sound very different depending on the focus. Sometimes the mids are spread out and you get this concert hall kind of feeling. With Siemens the vocals are focused in the middle right in front of your face. This creates the intimate feeling. Like the artist is performing in front of you, to you and only for you. It's more than just being forward. Hard to explain indeed.

Rocket logo is also focused but it's also quite narrow and lacks resolution. This is especially noticeable with audiophile grade headphones. Bass is abundant but not very refined as compared to better tubes. Gold lion has similar signature, but it's more extended and detailed. I'd say gold lion is a great overall tube for many genres and a recommended purchase if you can get it for the right price. Upgrade from stock tube that's for sure. This being said I like Ultron and orange print better (lower cost also). Gold lion is not worth 3+ times the cost of a rocket logo IMO. And trust me, when people start selling those used gold lions their market value will plummet. For some people the cool logo and gold pins are, however, worth the premium. Old NOS tubes should only go up in price (you can buy used NOS, experiment and sell for profit if you have the time and patience). Just to remind you all, gold lion is a new production tube, which means there will be new batches coming from time to time. Older NOS tubes are vanishing goods.

I'd like to add that the differences between my tubes are minor at best. Often it's not about what tube is ultimately the best (even though I haven't heard better than the 7308 amperex), but rather where you want to tweak the sound. All tubes have this Aune T1 sound signature, but they have differences in sound stage, transparency, resolution, positioning etc. It's about finding the right tube to complement your headphones and music styles. I, for example, found my K702 to have harsh and fatiguing mids when listening rock. Ultron smoothened the mids and I didn't experience fatigue so easily. Amperex 7308 and Telefunken 7DJ8 are great for jazz because they are so transparent and there is lots of air between the instruments (=great instrumental separation).

Aug 19, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #2,719 of 8,309
Just got my PCC88 Tungsram tube in and I don't really hear any difference. There is a pinch more bass, but that's all I can detect. I was expecting to hear some major differences.

Maybe after some burn in? 

As a note side, anyone know where I can get my hands on Russian 6n23p rocket logos? I'm not sure who has legit ones on eBay.

*EDIT* Is this the right one? Is it legit?

http://www.cryoset.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=243&osCsid=e4m0cjj2bnkg77k74htqu0s6g7

or this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TESTED-6N23P-TUBE-70s-STRONG-6DJ8-6922-E88CC-/250976755825?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item3a6f616071

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #2,720 of 8,309
Just got my PCC88 Tungsram tube in and I don't really hear any difference. There is a pinch more bass, but that's all I can detect. I was expecting to hear some major differences.

As a note side, anyone know where I can get my hands on Russian 6n23p rocket logos? I'm not sure who has legit ones on eBay.

*EDIT* Is this the right one? Is it legit?

http://www.cryoset.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=243&osCsid=e4m0cjj2bnkg77k74htqu0s6g7

or this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TESTED-6N23P-TUBE-70s-STRONG-6DJ8-6922-E88CC-/250976755825?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item3a6f616071

Neither is correct actually. I'm not sure where they are in stock now. I'll find a pic for you though when I'm home.

Aug 20, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #2,722 of 8,309
Quote:

Dude I just posted a link only 6 posts ago... :wink:

E: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-6N23P-E88CC-6DJ8-6922-DUAL-TRIODE-LOT-OF-2-NEW-TUBES-NOS-/390531162860?pt=US_Radio_Comm_Tubes&hash=item5aed78a2ec

Aug 20, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #2,723 of 8,309
Quote:

The thing is, no tube will give you major difference in the area of bass where it`s already "pushed to limits". Also it`s about personal hearing differences. I can clearly make & notice difference in bass tightness & kick compared to 6922EH. Maybe you were expecting too much. Like it`s been told in here many times - we use exaggerated words to bring out differences. It doesn`t mean there are big leaps in bass quantity etc.
If Tungsram PCC88 didn`t work for your bass need then no other tube will.
Get more bassy cans is all I can recommend now.

Aug 20, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #2,725 of 8,309
ok, so I have a lot of audio equipment on test right now

the aune t1 was purchased to hopefully be the one that stays

inital impressions are that the silver is very beautiful

sound- I think the DAC part is incredible, as much detail as the audioengine d1 but far more musical, I like it a lot

the amp section is lacking though, it's thin, weak and just doesn't give bass in the k701's

going line out from the aune t1, to the fiio e12 with bass boost is so much better
the music I like is quite bass heavy though

it sounds great, I think it has great synergy with the k701 (admittedly I don't know what i'm talking about though)

couple of things I noticed:

1) the volume knob doesn't do anything in line out, this is actually quite annoying as the audioengine d1 did attenuate the signal over line output, meaning I have to change volume on the fiio e12
2) the blue led is a bit annoying, I have heard of people changing it to orange, which would be nicer- I want the tubes looking like this http://www.head-fi.org/t/290757/night-time-shots-of-our-tubes-glowing-post-them-here/90
3) it really sounds only about 5% (if that) better than just going straight from the super cheap asus u3 gaming usb sound card- £130 for a 5% gain seems like the worst return on investment of all time
4) not sure if it's in my head but listening to this as a DAC sending audio to the e12 constantly makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up- even if it is in my head, that's £130 well spent

I'd like something that sounded identical, but had spdif input, a working volume know, and maybe 2 line outputs so I could send audio to my e12 and another amp for speakers

I had planned to get the woo wa7, but I can't imagine it sounding better than this, and it still doesn't solve my problems

just a quick question- should I leave it on, or turn it off? say i'm listening to it and then I go out to the shop for 30 minutes should I turn it off or leave it on, is there a warm up time ?

Aug 20, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #2,727 of 8,309
Quote:
the amp section is lacking though, it's thin, weak and just doesn't give bass in the k701's

going line out from the aune t1, to the fiio e12 with bass boost is so much better
the music I like is quite bass heavy though

K701 are definitely not the cans for bass heavy music, lol. Of course it sounds thin if you're used to EQ the bass. I would rather get another pair of headphones than EQing things too much. First get used to the K701-E12 combo without bass boost and then move to the T1 and do the critical comparison.

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #2,729 of 8,309
Quote:
Has anyone paired the Aune T1 with speakers?  Curious to hear what people think about how it sounds with say the Adam Audio F5.  

I use mine with speakers (see sig for setup) and it sounds great. I am pretty unknowledgeable about speakers, though, so I can't say if the T1 is better than X, Y, or Z. I can tell you that tube-swapping definitely makes a difference to how the speakers sound and that the best tube for headphones is not necessarily the best tube for speakers.

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #2,730 of 8,309
I have mine paired with a Logitech 2.1 system. I think it sounds better than my old Creative X-fi to PA2V2 setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back