Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Jul 27, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #2,481 of 8,309
Haven't been through all 165 pages yet, and couldn't find anything by searching, so i'll just go ahead and ask :)

Can anyone compare the Aune T1 DAC to the Xonar Essence ST?

Cheers!

Jul 27, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #2,482 of 8,309
Quote:
It's ok if you don't like the stock tube. However, buying the T1 without any plans to ever try out another tube is kind of pointless. I feel like it's obvious from my opening post that the point of the T1 is that you can find the sound you want through tube rolling. I don't think I've yet read of somebody who tried several tubes and concluded that the stock tube was the best. I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you, but if you think I should have put a disclaimer in the FAQ about needing to buy tubes, let me know, and I will consider it.

I didn't buy the unit because of this thread or head-fi reviews. I bought it on my own, thinking it had all the feature I wanted but in the end I just didn't like how it sounded and upgraded to a better solution for me.

Jul 27, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #2,483 of 8,309
It didn`t occur to you that tube can be changed to change the sound? Buying a thing without doing any "research" (even after buying), thus knowing nothing about options it offers, not liking "stock" tube, sending it back and then "yelling" how bad it is in dedicated forum? I just don`t get this kind of thinking and attitude. Well, sad that you didn`t get to "taste" what T1 actually offers.
And what is that better upgrade solution if I may ask? Just curious.

Jul 27, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #2,484 of 8,309
Quote:
It didn`t occur to you that tube can be changed to change the sound? Buying a thing without doing any "research" (even after buying), thus knowing nothing about options it offers, not liking "stock" tube, sending it back and then "yelling" how bad it is in dedicated forum? I just don`t get this kind of thinking and attitude. Well, sad that you didn`t get to "taste" what T1 actually offers.
And what is that better upgrade solution if I may ask? Just curious.

Of course I did some research before buying, but yes, I did a mistake. Reviews can say many things but all of them were positive so I tried it, just didn't liked it. Also, I didn't "yell", just expressed my experience with the unit, isn't that what this forum is all about? If negative = yell in your mind, then there is an attitude problem. I didn't bashed the product at all, just said I didn't liked the DAC sound in its stock config and that the tube was, in my opinion, a gimmick that was going against what I was looking for.  Instead of buying tons of tubes for this unit, hence investing more on a product I am not liking at that time, I prefered to pay the shipping to return it and step up my whole setup instead.  I bought a Schiit Valhalla and a Odac, which obviously is on an other price level.

Maybe I should have said what I was coming from too. I had a Fiio E10, a 70$ unit, and I much prefered it's sound to the T1. When you just spent 180$ on a new unit and you feel you have to buy aftermarket tubes to make it sound at least like your previous unit and you aren't even sure of the end result, it just turns you off, at least in my case.

Jul 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #2,485 of 8,309
Quote:
 another one here, in SGD, http://www.quartzacoustic.com/shop/driver-tubes/genalex-gold-lion-e88cc6922-pre-amp-tube/

Quote:

yeah lol they both are well above $50 shipped to AUS
the shipping is the problem :frowning2:

anyway, thanks guys :)

Jul 28, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #2,490 of 8,309
Quote:
Of course I did some research before buying, but yes, I did a mistake. Reviews can say many things but all of them were positive so I tried it, just didn't liked it. Also, I didn't "yell", just expressed my experience with the unit, isn't that what this forum is all about? If negative = yell in your mind, then there is an attitude problem. I didn't bashed the product at all, just said I didn't liked the DAC sound in its stock config and that the tube was, in my opinion, a gimmick that was going against what I was looking for.  Instead of buying tons of tubes for this unit, hence investing more on a product I am not liking at that time, I prefered to pay the shipping to return it and step up my whole setup instead. When you just spent 180$ on a new unit and you feel you have to buy aftermarket tubes to make it sound at least like your previous unit and you aren't even sure of the end result, it just turns you off, at least in my case.

Do you know what word between " " means? Did research and still didn`t find out that tube works as buffer and is main point of this budget unit? Didn`t find out that T1 is actually quite bright-sounding? And you don`t have to find tons of tubes to get it sound what you want. That`s why there are forums and threads like this with lot of info. You could have just asked what cans do you want to pair with itand what tube to get. Btw, I didn`t catch it what cans you actually wanted to use with it because wanting all those cans you mentioned to sound good with Aune T1 is ridiculous. That`s where tube rolling comes in. Now, calling tube buffer silly and gimmick? It`s ok you didn`t like stock tube though. Many don`t like it but there are also many who like this tube, including me (I find it very good only with atmospheric electronic music). Sad to hear that this product as stock didn`t suit for your needs, but it`s obvious that you didn`t do any research and apart of you not liking 6922EH tube - this all seems to me quite trolling. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back