Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Jul 16, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #2,326 of 8,309
Haha....sorry... but if it weren't for our ego's, who would we then be? :wink:

Jul 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #2,328 of 8,309
! Like Salvatore already told you, tubes are like light bulbs, they don`t last forever and you never know how good tube you get. If you buy a brand new tube it might sound awful at the beginning. It takes time to burn it in and when it does, it probably has it`s best sounding period between 90% to 60% from the tube lifetime. Under 60% of tube lifetime left, it probably gets worse, maybe increased hiss, hum, distortion, uneven channels etc. Of course these are rough figures I`m giving but just to bring you down on earth.

This 90-60 general time frame is distressing. I have just gotten my Amperex 7308 green where I like it, lovely tone, good soundstage. I don't like the idea that It may start to deteriorate that soon, but I wouldn't give up "tube sound" for SS reliability. Coil thanks for your ongoing informative posts.

Jul 16, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #2,329 of 8,309
Okay.. I'll try to get the PCC88 or the 6922 EH again then. Thanks Coil ahahahah, I guess I am being a "p u s s y" because I wasn't so lucky with my first tube. I'm just skeptical now.. that's all. One last question though, i'm probably going to get the EH or PCC. But my local store could order this for me in about 10 days: http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/13147/ Has any one had experience with this tube for EDM? It looks like the american version of the EH on the Tube websites. Same price range, etc.

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #2,330 of 8,309
Devmoo, that JJ E88CC should be also good, at least same good as 6922EH and I would go fot it if you don`t dare to order from eBay. 
Personally, I would take that Tungsram PCC88 pair from eBay.
Quote:
This 90-60 general time frame is distressing. I have just gotten my Amperex 7308 green where I like it, lovely tone, good soundstage. I don't like the idea that It may start to deteriorate that soon, but I wouldn't give up "tube sound" for SS reliability. Coil thanks for your ongoing informative posts.

Don`t take those figures so seriously, they might be totally wrong :D It`s just my perception from what I have read and experienced. 
Quote:
Haha....sorry... but if it weren't for our ego's, who would we then be? :wink:

Yeah, but there are different ego-levels (not saying you have bad one, I don`t know you) :wink:
Sorry, this is crazy-offtopic but some interesting reading (might be total crap for you): 

. Note - I`m not religious in any way but very interested about what different religions have to offer for spiritual growth. 

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #2,331 of 8,309
CoiL. You're awesome for posting those links about ego.
There's a lot to be said for attempting to destroy it. :wink:

Personally I found the EH6922 to be better than the JJ6922 (with about 15minutes of burn in....). The most striking thing that I heard was less bass quantity.
Grab the Tungsram before I do!

Man this amp is really amazing for the money.
I've got several hundred dollars wrapped up in a Schiit Modi, cables, 40+ tubes and a Little Dot MKII and I'm beginning to like the Aune T1 more. I'm really quite curious to hear the higher end tubes in this thing.

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #2,332 of 8,309
Religion is the cause of all bad things on this planet......I'm very happy being an atheist...as long as I manage to stay alive:wink:

I'm still enjoying my 6n1P-EB tube in the Aune though..maybe even more so today.

Got my Amperex Orange Globes with O-Getter today as well. :D

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #2,333 of 8,309
CoiL. You're awesome for posting those links about ego.
There's a lot to be said for attempting to destroy it. :wink:

Personally I found the EH6922 to be better than the JJ6922 (with about 15minutes of burn in....). The most striking thing that I heard was less bass quantity.
Grab the Tungsram before I do!

Man this amp is really amazing for the money.
I've got several hundred dollars wrapped up in a Schiit Modi, cables, 40+ tubes and a Little Dot MKII and I'm beginning to like the Aune T1 more. I'm really quite curious to hear the higher end tubes in this thing.

As a cheap tube I would also recommend Jan Philips 6922, one of the better "new" ones. I found it miles better than EH6922 and JJ...but my JJ's were the E88CC kind...

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #2,334 of 8,309
Quote:
Religion is the cause of all bad things on this planet......I'm very happy being an atheist...as long as I manage to stay alive:wink:

I'm still enjoying my 6n1P-EB tube in the Aune though..maybe even more so today.

Got my Amperex Orange Globes with O-Getter today as well.
biggrin.gif

Those OG`s should "blow you mind" compared to 6N1P-EB I belive and hope so :wink:

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #2,335 of 8,309
Quote:

People and power are the cause of all bad things, not religion.  Just because people say they do things in the name of religion, does not mean they are actually doing it for religion.  Its about power.... is my opinion.

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #2,337 of 8,309
Better than the Amperex OG?

Seriously doubt it, but haven't tried my OG's yet...just got them today. Trying to leave my tubes in for a few days..or at least 30 hours so I can make my mind up before I roll on....

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #2,338 of 8,309
Haha already bought the JJ guys. I'll tell you my personal opinion on it when it arrives. Also I'm just listening to the right channel with my T1 since it still works right now balanced of the left ear till I get my new tube. But is it normal for the tube to get burning hot within like 20 minutes?

Jul 16, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #2,339 of 8,309
Devmoo, I'd be cautious. in fact, in your situation, rather than risk screwing up the T1, just hook up your source to the RCA in until your new tubes arrive.

You still get your music that way, and there's little risk. A burning hot tube isn't a good thing. Mine runs 8 hours a day 5 days a week, and it's barely more than warm to touch. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back