Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Apr 23, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #1,636 of 8,309
But why post the the whole advertisement in English then? I don't see a single Chinese word anywhere in that ad. Sure the item is shipping from China, but why post a listing on a major site where the majority of its customers speak English? They could at least use google to translate a reply to its customers instead of just ignoring them.

I'm going to wait it out and see what happens, but I'm very doubtful this deal will go through... not unless they provide some sort of evidence or communication that the item has actually  been shipped out.

I saw the text as wholly cut n paste.

Apr 23, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #1,637 of 8,309
I just got the T1. Haven't had a chance to even try it because out of the box:

1) The tube guard snapped. Not made to fit in the hole, and the acrylic is ridiculously brittle. A bit of the leg was stuck in the hole and trying to get that out, it snapped into yet another piece. Forget about the guard since it's superfluous.

2) Connected everything, the base lights up. Connected via USB to my Macbook Pro. The T1 doesn't show up. Tried my old amp, it shows. Reconnected the T1, the T1 shows up momentarily under device for sound output, then DISAPPEARS. I can't tell if the USB cable or the T1 is faulty. I'll at least need another USB cable to ascertain which is the problem.

What?

I had a look at the power adaptor my T1 was shipped with and it's labelled:

Input: AC 230V

even though I had asked for 110V because I'm in the U.S.

Is that what's causing the T1 to not show up (despite it first appearing and disappearing)??

Apr 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #1,638 of 8,309
Long time lurker/ researcher, first time poster because my T1 just came in this afternoon. I paid 185.88 for a version with a 6922-EH tube. 

I got an E7 for christmas to clean up the audio from my laptop and desktop. After using it with a variety of super cheap IEMs, I picked up the Sennheiser HD595 for cheap on the for sale forums here. Obviously this was another huge jump in SQ for me, but the bass was always a little lacking for me on the E7. A common complaint with the 595's, so I kind of expected it before I bought the 595's.

I do plan on getting a good setup... eventually, but it will take so long for me to save up I decided that the T1 would be a great bang for the buck investment, and the output/inputs will allow me to build a higher end system one piece at a time.

On the T1 I feel my 595's responding to the better amp, and the bass is definitely better. I don't have anything else to compare it to really but overall it just feels more natural and refined. 

I also have a pair 1964 Ears V3 CIEMs for monitoring (drummer/guitar/bassist/vocalist here). They are more musical than neutral or analytical which makes them good monitors when you don't have super high end equipment. 

Anyways, the V3 sound very good with the Aune. I typically use them when listening to more energetic music as they have a bit of a bass hump. The T1 has slightly less noise than the E7, which is very good with sensitive customs, so the fact that the T1 is near silent but more powerful makes me happy.

Overall I feel I have a great budget system on my hands with the 595 and Aune. I'd love to demo some higher end phones in the future but this combo should serve me very well. 

Apr 23, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #1,639 of 8,309
well, I now need some airy and large soundstage tubes. picked up a dark voice 336se otl tube amp and that thing is plenty warm. going to try making the Aune as neutral as I can. :D Russian 6n23p-eb sounds good paired with the 336 stock tubes. takes the edge off a bit. I think I need some telefunkens

Apr 23, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #1,640 of 8,309
Quote:

But why post the the whole advertisement in English then? I don't see a single Chinese word anywhere in that ad. Sure the item is shipping from China, but why post a listing on a major site where the majority of its customers speak English? They could at least use google to translate a reply to its customers instead of just ignoring them.

I'm going to wait it out and see what happens, but I'm very doubtful this deal will go through... not unless they provide some sort of evidence or communication that the item has actually  been shipped out.

If it's really stolen goods then shipping it overseas may be the best options and by selling it cheap he can quickly shift them. If you've ever search around ebay you'll know that his T1 listing is a straight copy paste from other seller.

Why are you expecting any reply from shady listing like that anyway?

Sketchy tracking number from china isn't really anything new, all my item arrived in the end despite the inconsistent update or lack thereof (though I'm not saying that this one definitely will). If you're so nervous about it despite knowing the risk then I suggest you should not buy anything like this ever again in the future.

Apr 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #1,641 of 8,309
This is probably a dumb question but will the 230V power supply that came with the T1 work in the US where it's 110V? I'm quite confused.

My T1 seller replied saying:

only 230V is avaliable,factory in china do not produce 110V power supply converter,can you use an adapter or so to use it?

Those of you in the US, did you get a T1 with 110V power supply?

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #1,642 of 8,309
Do any of u guys have a Telefunken E88CC by any chance?  How does this thing sound in the T1?  I'm currently using an Amperex Orange globe and it's been great so far, but was hoping that I can find a tube that's even warmer (can tame down the highs even more).

Apr 23, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #1,644 of 8,309
Quote:
1: I don't know, haven't tried them

2: I'm running on Windows 7, yes you can control the volume from windows or music player (iTunes, Mediamonkey, Foobar, etc). But I'm not sure about other windows version.

thanks for the reply.

Just to make sure, can the volume be controlled through the main windows volume (speaker icon at the bottom right of the taskbar)? On my Udac, i can control volume through music apps, but changing the main windows system volume doesn't do anything. Just want to see if this is possible on the t1.

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #1,645 of 8,309
Quote:
thanks for the reply.

Just to make sure, can the volume be controlled through the main windows volume (speaker icon at the bottom right of the taskbar)? On my Udac, i can control volume through music apps, but changing the main windows system volume doesn't do anything. Just want to see if this is possible on the t1.

That only happen if you use wasapi exclusive or asio. It has nothing to do with the dac.

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #1,646 of 8,309
Quote:
well, I now need some airy and large soundstage tubes. picked up a dark voice 336se otl tube amp and that thing is plenty warm. going to try making the Aune as neutral as I can.
biggrin.gif
Russian 6n23p-eb sounds good paired with the 336 stock tubes. takes the edge off a bit. I think I need some telefunkens

Quote:
Do any of u guys have a Telefunken E88CC by any chance?  How does this thing sound in the T1?  I'm currently using an Amperex Orange globe and it's been great so far, but was hoping that I can find a tube that's even warmer (can tame down the highs even more).

I have Telefunken PCC88/7DJ8 and it's one of the most neutral sounding tubes I have.

Quote:
What is the typical lifespan of a tube in the T1? Wondering if it makes sense to buy pairs to have one in reserve?

They can last up to 10.000 hours depending on the tube and luck. I guess tubes are comparable to light bulbs in that sense. I've noticed that T1 doesn't heat tubes as much as some other amps and therefore the filaments could last relatively long? Heavy daily use and they should last from few to several years. If there are tubes you really like I'd suggest to get at least one spare if NOS and couple of spares if used NOS. Just be sure not to pay too much extra for matched pairs. Those matched pairs are mainly meant for amps that use dual tubes like Lyr. I, for example, have two Ultrons, three orange globes, two valvos, three telefunkens and two rocket logos. I'm using the ones with lower quality prints first because of their lower resale value (in case I ever want to upgrade and sell my tubes).

Apr 24, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #1,647 of 8,309
Quote:
This is probably a dumb question but will the 230V power supply that came with the T1 work in the US where it's 110V? I'm quite confused.

My T1 seller replied saying:

Those of you in the US, did you get a T1 with 110V power supply?

I'm in the US and my t1 came with a power supply marked 230V and it's working normally.  

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #1,649 of 8,309
So I tried the T1 with a new USB cable, and a transformer that steps up 110V to 230V. I've tried it with two different tubes.

The T1 appears and disappears from my output device options. Every time it disappears, my laptop freezes. (Previously the T1 wouldn't show up at all.)

Has anyone encountered this bizarre behavior? I'm kinda stumped, hoping there is a solution before I have to return it.

Apr 24, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #1,650 of 8,309
Quote:
So I tried the T1 with a new USB cable, and a transformer that steps up 110V to 230V. I've tried it with two different tubes.

The T1 appears and disappears from my output device options. Every time it disappears, my laptop freezes. (Previously the T1 wouldn't show up at all.)

Has anyone encountered this bizarre behavior? I'm kinda stumped, hoping there is a solution before I have to return it.

Try it on a different computer and see if you have the same issues. Otherwise, it is an OS issue and not a T1 issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back