Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Apr 14, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #1,546 of 8,309
Quote:
I just put in my order on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aune-T1-DAC-Hi-Fi-Pre-amp-Audio-Amp-24Bit-96KHz-6N11-Tube-Headphone-Amplifier-/130889822865?pt=Home_Automation_Kits&hash=item1e79a43291

$59.70​
 including shipping!  Lets hope this order goes well!  

Dunno man, that deal seems to good to be true. And they appear to have taken the images off this posting http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aune-T1-24Bit-96KHz-DAC-Hi-Fi-Preamp-Audio-Decoder-6N11-Tube-Headphone-Amplifier-/200850603662 which makes no sense as they could've taken them off the Aune site instead. If you payed by paypal I'd check that user for negative feedback before the "45 day payment dispute" mark so you can lodge a complaint if need be. Other than that, looks to be a bargain! I'm really tempted to get another one for the office.

Apr 14, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #1,548 of 8,309
Yah I'll definitely post here and PM.  I'm thinking.. why would he charge a realistic $50 shipping if it's a scam?  I noticed he stole his product images from "penny buying" ebay user [size=small]pbuying.usa[/size]

Apr 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #1,549 of 8,309
Quote:
Yah I'll definitely post here and PM.  I'm thinking.. why would he charge a realistic $50 shipping if it's a scam?  I noticed he stole his product images from "penny buying" ebay user [size=small]pbuying.usa[/size]

I wasnt too concerned with stealing the image.  Maybe it's easier to do that than go on the aune site?  It'll be interesting to see what happens, whether it ships, whether it gets cancelled, or whether it just never arrives and we have to ask for a refund.

Apr 15, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #1,550 of 8,309
Quote:
If you guys actually receive yours, I'm buying another.
popcorn.gif

Yeah same here. One for my wife (and then sell my E17). Audiofrog, let us know how the purchase goes.

Apr 15, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #1,551 of 8,309
That deal is very odd, I was looking at that very unit today on ebay and as I recall the prices I was seeing were around $140 with free shipping but that is still about double what you paid. I hope it works out for you but sounds a bit shady to me.

Apr 15, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #1,553 of 8,309
I also couldn't resist and placed an order in for this.  today I got an email saying that my item has been shipped and it gave me a tracking #.  Let's hope that the package doesn't contain just a picture of an Aune T1 =p

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #1,554 of 8,309
And when it does contain only picture... I feel sorry for all of you. Can`t belive that Aune T1 would sell so cheap. Must be stolen or won stuff or something, it`s way under manufacturing cost. And if you do get it, please open it to see if everything is legit inside Aune T1! Even if working somehow, might be stuffed with other cheap dac/amp to get more money. I`m very suspicious about this deal.

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #1,556 of 8,309
Yeah they could be refurbished, stolen or even fakes. Somebody should contact them and ask how such low price is even possible? Like I said, I'll definitely jump into this if legit.

E: They have many items going for $10 and they are playing with shipping costs. I'm calling these stolen products.

Apr 16, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #1,557 of 8,309
I have a very slight hum on my T1..  is there any trick I can try to remove it?  I'm using 0db unity gain.. I tried a few things.. a new usb cable..  tried plugging the usb cable into my monitors usb hub instead of directly to the pc.  I also tried using 3.5mm output of my soundcard to the rca inputs on the t1.  I tried using a different 3.5 to 6.5mm headphone adapter.. no change.  Since I bypassed the tube when using the 3.5mm to rca input, that means it's not the tube right?  I guess it's just something that's part of the headphone amp?  The hum is more noticeable on my closed ultrasones and my yuin pk2 earbuds than my open sony mdrma900.  It's a little disappointing because plugging my headphones directly into my soundcard doesn't have any hum and it's integrated onto the motherboard
edit:  is it worth it to try plugging the power adapter into a different wall socket?

Apr 16, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #1,558 of 8,309
Quote:
I have a very slight hum on my T1..  is there any trick I can try to remove it?  I'm using 0db unity gain.. I tried a few things.. a new usb cable..  tried plugging the usb cable into my monitors usb hub instead of directly to the pc.  I also tried using 3.5mm output of my soundcard to the rca inputs on the t1.  I tried using a different 3.5 to 6.5mm headphone adapter.. no change.  Since I bypassed the tube when using the 3.5mm to rca input, that means it's not the tube right?  I guess it's just something that's part of the headphone amp?  The hum is more noticeable on my closed ultrasones and my yuin pk2 earbuds than my open sony mdrma900.  It's a little disappointing because plugging my headphones directly into my soundcard doesn't have any hum and it's integrated onto the motherboard
edit:  is it worth it to try plugging the power adapter into a different wall socket?

Might as well give it a shot. Go ahead and pull the tube out and try to listen to make sure it's not the tube.

Apr 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #1,559 of 8,309
That solved it.  Removing the tube eliminated the hum.  I tested it multiple times and the hum always came back when the tube was inserted, both when using the usb input and when using rca in put.  So weird that even when not using the tube dac and only using the rca input, I still got the hum when the tube was inserted.  Does that sound possible?  Should using another tube help with the hum issue?
edit: I'm using very low impedance headphones btw.  64 ohms ultrasone, 12 ohms sony, not sure what the yuin pk2 are

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #1,560 of 8,309
What tube are you using atm? 6922EH ? Try another tube, it might be faulty tube or is your unit near/close to any electrical stuff? One member here had also hum problem but it came from static electricity because of being too close to electrical equipment and after grounding it was ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back