Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Mar 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #1,336 of 8,309
If your camera is still warm could you also take a photo from the inside of the box. This way magnum could see the separate storage sections for the power source, tube, plastic tube shields and the actual T1 itself.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #1,338 of 8,309
Quote:
Here you go.

Great Photos that really helps me see the size it's a lot smaller than I was expecting, thanks very much! I think this will be more than addiquit to house my T1 to take to LAN Parties etc and the foam inside should protect the tube nicely. 
beyersmile.png

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #1,339 of 8,309
Quote:
If your camera is still warm could you also take a photo from the inside of the box. This way magnum could see the separate storage sections for the power source, tube, plastic tube shields and the actual T1 itself.

Great idea thanks! :)

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #1,341 of 8,309
Hey guys, just want to check whether anyone else is having the same issue with me.

I hooked up my turntable's phono stage to the line in on the Aune and hooked up the line out to my powered speakers. I've flipped the input switch from USB to Line but my speakers aren't playing anything from line in.

The line out seem to only be responding to the USB in and not the line in regardless whether I switched the input selector to the Line setting. Can anyone else replicate this?

Please advise.

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #1,342 of 8,309
Quote:
If you don't pack the fencing, you can carry 2 tubes as long as you wrap it with some paper so it's fits snuggly in the fence's slot. :)

I don't have a fence I've only got a brick wall but I don't plan on taking that with me...? 
tongue.gif
 What is fencing?

1 tube will be enough otherwise I might go mad and buy a load of them! 
beyersmile.png

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #1,343 of 8,309
It seems that only the headphone out is affected by the input selector. If switched to Line, the headphone out will play from the Line In, but the speakers will play from USB in. If USB is selected, both will play from USB in.

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #1,344 of 8,309
Quote:
I don't have a fence I've only got a brick wall but I don't plan on taking that with me...? 
tongue.gif
 What is fencing?

1 tube will be enough otherwise I might go mad and buy a load of them! 
beyersmile.png

The clear acrylic thing surrounding the tube is the fence. It's packed in the first circular hole. To the right of that is the tube slot. 

It seems that only the headphone out is affected by the input selector. If switched to Line, the headphone out will play from the Line In, but the speakers will play from USB in. If USB is selected, both will play from USB in.

Yeah, the switch on top only controls the headphone out. I believe line out is dac only and line in goes straight to the amp, in which case, the only output would be headphones.

Mar 26, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #1,345 of 8,309
Quote:
The clear acrylic thing surrounding the tube is the fence. It's packed in the first circular hole. To the right of that is the tube slot.

Yeah but these "shields" are B U L L crap in my opinion. They complicate rolling big time and are not ever that good looking.

Mar 26, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #1,346 of 8,309
Quote:

Yeah but these "shields" are B U L L crap in my opinion. They complicate rolling big time and are not ever that good looking.

Rolling?

Why is there a fence on them anyway I prefer the look with them off or do they serve some kind of purpose?

Mar 26, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #1,347 of 8,309
Quote:

I wondered what the extra tube shaped hole was to the left of the tube. 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #1,350 of 8,309
Quote:
Hey guys, just want to check whether anyone else is having the same issue with me.

I hooked up my turntable's phono stage to the line in on the Aune and hooked up the line out to my powered speakers. I've flipped the input switch from USB to Line but my speakers aren't playing anything from line in.

The line out seem to only be responding to the USB in and not the line in regardless whether I switched the input selector to the Line setting. Can anyone else replicate this?

Please advise.

The line in is, well, line level.  AFAICT, you need a phone preamp between your turn table and the Aune.

Just to confirm:  Can you hear headphones with your turntable connected to the line in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back