Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Feb 26, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #976 of 8,309
Hi everyone! I'm definitely interested in the Mullard ECC88 from Rock Grotto. 

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #977 of 8,309
First time posting here :)

thanks guys for the super useful information! I've been reading this massive thread but couldn't find any info about this, maybe those of you who own the T1 can answer:

Does the volume knob control the RCA - Audio Out as well as the 6.5mm headphone amp, or just the amp?

and also, when you plug your headphones in the amp output, does the Audio Out automatically get muted?

I really don't want to have to turn off my speakers by hand everytime I want to switch to headphones :frowning2:

cheers!

Feb 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #978 of 8,309
Knob does not control RCA-out because it`s just analog signal going out. Only headphone out is amplified and is controlled by knob.
If you plug your cans into headphone out then RCA-out signal remains and does not get muted if you meant that. 
And let me remaind you that tube is used ONLY when feeding audio via USB.

Feb 27, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #980 of 8,309
Amperex Orange Globe in the house. Been listening this tube for a while now and man this is sooooo smooth sounding tube. Deep, wide, warm and smooth with nice spherical "around your head" imaging. Like fuller gold lion extended to every direction. Loving this tube the first minute. Bass is indeed very deep and has good impact. Just a little bit more crispness and clarity and this tube would have almost perfect synergy with my headphones (and my personal desires). Definitely my best tube so far. No question. I have to say that you don't know what your T1 is capable of before getting those better tubes. I'm a happy man now.

Feb 27, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #981 of 8,309
Is it that single leg dimple disc GAC factory code like mine or A-frame? Anyway, glad you like it! :wink:

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #982 of 8,309
Quote:
Is it that single leg dimple disc GAC factory code like mine or A-frame? Anyway, glad you like it! :wink:

A-frame. This is really awesome tube! I almost cried listening some of my favorite songs no lie :D Just hits the right spots for me I guess.

E: Sound stage and imaging is fantastic. Put on some nicely recorded albums, close your eyes and feel like standing right in the middle of the music. Can't really think there to be any better value for money tubes. This cost me 15€ + shipping.

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #983 of 8,309
Any more left of them with that price or was it 1 deal only? Would like to know how it compares with my GAC amperex. At least I know now that I won`t be buying Genalex.

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #984 of 8,309
Quote:
Any more left of them with that price or was it 1 deal only? Would like to know how it compares with my GAC amperex. At least I know now that I won`t be buying Genalex.

One deal and I got some discount as well. Yeah maybe not worth it to go for genalex before all NOSes are sold out :wink: Genalex is nice but doesn't compare to globe (price and performance wise). I think I'll get few more tubes before starting to hoard my favorites. I'm glad that there still is tubes which sound good and doesn't cost fortunes.

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #985 of 8,309
I received this dac/amp today from toschek.... completely in love with this unit...  seems to work perfectly with my he-400   WOW is all I can say....WOW...  Avenged Sevenfold never sounded sooooo good

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #986 of 8,309
Guys, if you can find a Brimar cv2492 for a reasonable price jump on it. I got a pair of these today and they smoke any other tube I have tried to date. Really great tube, I cannot believe how good it sounds.

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #987 of 8,309
Quote:
Amperex Orange Globe in the house. Been listening this tube for a while now and man this is sooooo smooth sounding tube. Deep, wide, warm and smooth with nice spherical "around your head" imaging. Like fuller gold lion extended to every direction. Loving this tube the first minute. Bass is indeed very deep and has good impact. Just a little bit more crispness and clarity and this tube would have almost perfect synergy with my headphones (and my personal desires). Definitely my best tube so far. No question. I have to say that you don't know what your T1 is capable of before getting those better tubes. I'm a happy man now.

My Amperex Orange Globe is in the mail.  Looking forward to have them!!!

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #988 of 8,309
Quote:
My Amperex Orange Globe is in the mail.  Looking forward to have them!!!

I think you will be amazed. Especially if you only have some stock tubes and what nots. For warm sound lovers this is definitely a must buy.

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #989 of 8,309
So... for a different synergy than tubes... :)

What was the best headphone you plugged in the T1?!?  
For me, it was the Audio Technica W1000X.  Absolutely mesmerizing...  
size]

Love,
Walfredo 

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #990 of 8,309
AKG K702 65th Anniversary edition. Briefly tested K550 but no competition. I think I have tested those W1000Xs in some exhibition. What I remember was that they were super comfortable. Can't really remember the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back