Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Jan 28, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #421 of 8,309
Quote:

Here you are, good sir.

thank you for the quick response. It seems from that user the T1 is hands down better. I guess I have some thinking to do. The idea of rolling tubes to get different sound signatures really appeals to me. It is very simple to do right?

Jan 28, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #422 of 8,309
Quote:
 thank you for the quick response. It seems from that user the T1 is hands down better. I guess I have some thinking to do. The idea of rolling tubes to get different sound signatures really appeals to me. It is very simple to do right?

No problem. It is very simple. when you get the T1 the tube won't be connected yet. You take the tube out of the box and plug it into the spot where the tube goes--just line up the pins and push.  When you want to switch tubes, make sure the T1 is turned off, then pull the old tube out of the socket and plug a new tube in. 

Jan 28, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #423 of 8,309
I purchased the Aune T1 and has been pairing very nicely with my HD650s.

I'm planning on purchasing the AKG K702s but i'm not sure about the synergy between the two.
Has anyone heard this combo? Is it any good? I've heard that the K702s are very sensitive to amping.

Jan 28, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #424 of 8,309
Yeah, its very good with the K 702s. If you're looking at K 702s, look for the 65th anniversary edition. They cost more but they're more comfortable and have better mids and bass than the regular ones. They pair very nicely with the 6N23P or Amperex 7308 tubes.

K 702 65s are my main headphones, they replaced Senn HD 650s.

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #425 of 8,309
Quote:

I'm planning on purchasing the AKG K702s but i'm not sure about the synergy between the two.
Has anyone heard this combo? Is it any good? I've heard that the K702s are very sensitive to amping.

If you are interested about the K702 anniversary edition Mad Lust Envy just released great review in his gaming guide: http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-1-28-13-k702-65th-anni-ed-added Here you'll find some comparisons against other AKG K/Q models.

Jan 29, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #426 of 8,309
Quote:

As for the sensetive to amping, basically that means they reflect changes up the chain (like amp and DAC) a hell of a lot, so you hear all the components, an not like with my Denons, where most of the time you just hear them.

Jan 29, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #427 of 8,309
Quote:
I have these as well, going to only do short capsule reviews because I really don't spend much time with them (nor do I want to).

6N23P-EB (like the 6N23P but LOUDER, low end is tighter than the 6N23P but overall does not sound too good at lower listening levels).
Amperex Bugle Boy (like the 7308 but a tad lower quality, somewhere between the 6N23P and the 7308 in terms of SQ, soundstage is closer to the 7308, maybe not as sharp overall?)
Stock tube (piece of s**t).

I'd like to try, or at least get descriptions from people who have tried:

Siemens Gray Shield Cca (E88CC)
Telefunken Cca (E88CC)
Mullard CV2492
Philips Miniwatt 7308

Pitty that you and joeq70 don`t have the 6922EH, would be interested in your comparsion because it`s with the most spacious/airy sounding tube I have (Tungsram PCC88 comes very close). Waiting for user maurits comments about genalex gold lion vs. 6922EH. 

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #428 of 8,309
Unfortunately , I haven't spend more than 5 minutes with my 6922EH and it seems I've lost it
redface.gif

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #429 of 8,309
Pitty that you and joeq70 don`t have the 6922EH, would be interested in your comparsion because it`s with the most spacious/airy sounding tube I have (Tungsram PCC88 comes very close). Waiting for user maurits comments about genalex gold lion vs. 6922EH. 

Is this the one here? http://www.thetubestore.com/Tubes/6922-E88CC-Tube-Types/Electro-Harmonix-6922EH

For $15 I'll give it a go, but it will be a week or two. My wife bricked her macbook air with ginger ale so I probably have to pony up for a new one. Bonus points for her never backing it up and somehow that's my fault too.

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #430 of 8,309
Quote:
Is this the one here? http://www.thetubestore.com/Tubes/6922-E88CC-Tube-Types/Electro-Harmonix-6922EH

For $15 I'll give it a go, but it will be a week or two. My wife bricked her macbook air with ginger ale so I probably have to pony up for a new one. Bonus points for her never backing it up and somehow that's my fault too.

Right, that is the one that came with my T1. There is also a gold pin version.

How unfair yet entirely recognizable!
wink_face.gif

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #431 of 8,309
Quote:

Yes thats the tube. I ordered my T1 with it. Read my earlier comments about Tungsram PCC88 vs. 6922EH before you buy that 6922EH, you might like Tungsram PCC88 more.

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #432 of 8,309
Quote:

err, I actually made a mini comparison between them about a week back... if that helps...
redface.gif

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #433 of 8,309
Quote:

*Giggle* does she need cranberry juice?
Quote:
Ok, y'all seem to be getting good results so I picked one up. It will take me a while but will give impressions. I have many nos tubes and will see. I don't see how a amperex 7308 can be warm but maybe it is in this application.

I cannot wait for your impressions with them all

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #434 of 8,309
Thanks icecap ! Didn`t notice that mini-review. I agree - 6922EH is great for pop and maybe even with poprock but with hard rock/metal/trash/jazz it has too wide&airy soundstage IMO. Seems that genalex is maybe even worth of trying. Lets wait and hear what maurits has to say aboiut genalex vs. 6922EH. Maybe it will be my last tube for T1 since i`m already happy with Tungsram PCC88 / 6922EH / Amperex ECC88 and 2 more tubes coming in soon 
smile.gif

E:

Got my Tesla PCC88, same as shown and described here: http://jda1951.xanga.com/770095693/tesla-pcc88/
Had it inside T1 only like 10min, so can`t give accurate feedback atm but it`s pretty much like it says on the link above:

1. [size=medium]Bass is solid but never draws undue attention to itself.[/size]
  2. [size=medium]Midrange is clear if a little lean making dialogue easy to understand.[/size]
  3. [size=medium]Detail is excellent with a crisp transient response.[/size]
  4. [size=medium]Upper treble is extended and airy.[/size]
  5. [size=medium]Dynamics are top-notch and the overall presentation is quick, peppy, and sparkly.[/size]
  6. [size=medium]Not as grainless as the best (Amperex, Telefunken and Siemens).[/size]
  7. [size=medium]Soundstage is wide, well-layered and populated with larger, slightly more diffuse images.[/size]

First impressions say that it`s maybe littlebit leaned into bright side, top-end treble is very sparkly and bright but airy. Soundstage is wide and airy but is pushed littlebit to foward and slightly more narrow/centre-weighted, also vertical soundstage is narrow, compared to 6922EH and Tungsram PCC88. It seems to be good tube and maybe better for classical music but I personally prefer 6922EH and Tungsram PCC88 to it. Will take longer listening session when I get my Mullard ECC88 and give more analytical impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back