Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Jan 27, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #391 of 8,309
Quote:
Alright guys, I finally got my hands on my Amperex 7308. This tube is the real deal no doubt about it. The first thing that stood out when I popped this tube in was man this thing sounds HOLOGRAPHIC. I've never heard anything have this much soundstage but still retain such smoothness. It's well balanced and dynamic with excellent details in the whole sound spectrum. The only question now is will I be able to save up money and start hoarding these babies.

Good thing i decided to go with the Amperex 7308 might consider buying a few as backups just sucks that postage cost so much to AU almost as much as the tube itself.

Jan 27, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #392 of 8,309
So this little thing is good enough to use tubes worth almost as much as it (Amperex 7308)? I find it hard to imagine spending such money on tubes when you only spend 160 dollars on an amp. Would it not be more worthwhile to buy a better amp? :)

Jan 27, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #393 of 8,309
Quote:
So this little thing is good enough to use tubes worth almost as much as it (Amperex 7308)? I find it hard to imagine spending such money on tubes when you only spend 160 dollars on an amp. Would it not be more worthwhile to buy a better amp? :)

I would say yes it is. The nice thing about the Aune T1 is that the tube is used for the DAC part of the device, so you can still hook it up to higher class amp if you wish. I think its a great introduction to tube rolling and makes it very noticeable how some tubes can actually change the sound.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #394 of 8,309
Quote:
Why to order from china if you are at germany? If you order inside EU there is no customs. I ordered from this UK seller: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUNE-T1-24bit-96kHz-Tube-Amplifier-USB-DAC-6922-Upgraded-Headphone-Amp-/251164443176?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item3a7a914228
no customs and straight to door post :wink:

I got mine from the same super friendly dealer (also because of the fear for customs). I "gambled" and ordered two pack of rocket logos here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-6N23P-E88CC-6DJ8-TUBES-NOS-NEW-USSR-MILITARY-FOR-AUDIO-AMP-PREAMP-VINTAGE-/170978975997?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item27cf2420fd They seem legit and the seller has 100% reputation. Probably not new (never used) but at least I get two for "the price of one".

I'll most likely get the Amperex 7308 tube sooner or later, but first want to experiment with those rockets. With 7308 I don't want to gamble.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #395 of 8,309
Quote:
Rock Grotto are selling the T1 for £130 + shipping with a free Mullard EC88. Has anyone used that tube?

http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=gotopost&board=talk&thread=8496&post=126059

Yeah . i've got one Mullard 6DJ8/ECC88 and it's my second favourite tube behind my Amperex 6922 PQ orange label US. I much prefer this than the 6N23P I puchased by rock-grotto too :wink:

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #396 of 8,309
Alright guys, I finally got my hands on my Amperex 7308. This tube is the real deal no doubt about it. The first thing that stood out when I popped this tube in was man this thing sounds HOLOGRAPHIC. I've never heard anything have this much soundstage but still retain such smoothness. It's well balanced and dynamic with excellent details in the whole sound spectrum. The only question now is will I be able to save up money and start hoarding these babies.

I told ya man, that tube is a game changer. I just ordered another one for backup. Its not like they're making more.

I want to try the Siemens or Telefunken Cca next, hopefully the tax man is generous this year.

Grats on a fantastic tube.

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #397 of 8,309
I`m also getiing Mullard ECC88 soon and prefer all my other tubes to that 6N23P (except Brimar which sux). Mike @ rockgrotto also says that ECC88 Mullard`s sound great with T1 and his favourite is the Mullard E88CC gold pin version. 

About that Amperex 7308... for me it`s already too much money and I won`t know how it sounds or if I even like it before I get it. There are just too many tubes out there to say it`s the one to get and pay that money for it. But well, maybe I will buy it soon if some more ppl say it`s the best they have yet.

At the beginning I was interested about Genalex Gold lion - does anyone have it and can compare it with 6922EH or 6N23P for example? Descriptions everywhere say it`s the best quality new tube out there. Again I`m quite sceptical about it and is it really worth the money?

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #398 of 8,309

What's better for around $300 total and gives you that sweet 7308 sound?

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #399 of 8,309
Quote:
I`m also getiing Mullard ECC88 soon and prefer all my other tubes to that 6N23P. Mike @ rockgrotto also says that ECC88 Mullard`s sound great with T1 and his favourite is the Mullard E88CC gold pin version. 

About that Amperex 7308... for me it`s already too much money and I won`t know how it sounds or if I even like it before I get it. There are just too many tubes out there to say it`s the one to get and pay that money for it. But well, maybe I will buy it soon if some more ppl say it`s the best they have yet.

At the beginning I was interested about Genalex Gold lion - does anyone have it and can compare it with 6922EH or 6N23P for example? Descriptions everywhere say it`s the best quality new tube out there. Again I`m quite sceptical about it and is it really worth the money?

I ompletely agree with you and have same question about genalex. :wink:

About 7308. I think I will find a used ( but tested in good condition) european E188CC/7308 in order to compare with my Amperex 6922. 

Jan 28, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #400 of 8,309
Thanks Sorrodje. Something to think about... would like to get more use out of my HE-400s at my PC and don't think a uDAC 2 is really cutting it.

Jan 28, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #401 of 8,309
Just ordered the T1

atsmile.gif

Now for the wait...the terrible wait
devil_face.gif

I'm considering getting a pair of AKG 702's very soon to pair up with the T1.

Jan 28, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #402 of 8,309
Just ordered a NOS rtc E188CC... 75 more euros .. This business is mad , we're mad.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 28, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #403 of 8,309
Quote:

Did you go for the platinum grade??

edit:  cryo or no cryo?

Jan 28, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #405 of 8,309
Quote:
Me too. I`m very open to different kind of music and artists and because of that I have found a lot of great music. The more you open up your mind, the more you get in return! That goes not only for music! :wink: That reminds me that I should finally start listening more classical music since now I have good equipment to do that.

One more song for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIqNx11Ykc0 Read the description for free legal download. FLAC also available.

Thanks. Sounds good. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back