Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Jan 10, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #153 of 8,309
Quote:
ok i am getting there... so what if i want to listen to my ipod or a cd player... Line in --> DAC --> Amp --> headphones (tube would not be utilised)?

Line in > DAC is a non sense. The only entry point for AUnte T1's DAC is USB . I don"t know if connecting CD player or Ipod to an USB input is possible.
redface.gif

Maybe what you look for is only an tube amp or a solid state amp with Tube preamp ? in this case , Indeed G3 for example should be considered. it's basically the same thing than AUNE T1 but without DAC.

Jan 10, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #156 of 8,309
ok... sorry for another question... but a cd player will have an RCA line out through which i connect it to the aune t1... in this case the tube will not be used right?

That is exactly right. In this case you'll use your cd player so the T1 Dac and tube will be skipped. The T1 amp will then play the cd through headphone output.

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #158 of 8,309
I'm guessing you could use a cheapish phono preamp, run it into the line input of your PC and then set the T1 as your output, that way you'd be using the tube section? Or is that totally off-base? I am planning on doing this when mine shows up.

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #159 of 8,309
I just have one question before I buy the Aune t1. Will my built-in laptop mic still work when I use a DAC? Im asking because i use Skype alot, and need to think about a solution if I need to unplug the DAC whenever someone calls me.

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #160 of 8,309
The mic will work just fine. You can choose the audio output (laptop's speakers, Aune T1, other) for voice chat.

The version of Skype I'm using now has an issue with text chat however: when someone send me a message, the sound (music) is outputed on the speakers for few seconds then come back to my USB DAC. This can get annoying sometimes...

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #161 of 8,309
The mic will work just fine. You can choose the audio output (laptop's speakers, Aune T1, other) for voice chat.

The version of Skype I'm using now has an issue with text chat however: when someone send me a message, the sound (music) is outputed on the speakers for few seconds then come back to my USB DAC. This can get annoying sometimes...

If you use wasapi (event) for playback then that should stop this problem.

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #162 of 8,309
Hi guys,

I've received mine earlier this week, and whoa this thing can really sing :)

The construction quality is great, they even put a power socket adaptator in the box :) The usb cable is gold plated, and there is a spare set off the acrylic tube protection. These are quite tricky to put in, I've already broken one... so glad there is a spare set.

An electro harmonix 6922H gold pinned came also in  the box, and i've bought a 70's 6n23p rocket logo from kaluga. It has the rocket logo on it, and also a pentagon with cccp and an anvil ( or a star with one erased branch, not sure about it ) inside.

I' ve put the 6922 inside first, and my first impression was a real whoa effect :) the sound is so clear, the treble are airy, the mids are luscious, vocals are beautiful, and bass, well very shy but well defined. Soundstage and resolution are great, and I also have the impression that the background was so dark and quiet ! no noise or anything, it feels like I'm hearing the music in an acoustic chamber.

I'm hearing it with my k271mkII, and it sounds a world better than through the xfi extremmusic>e11. 

Now for the 6n23p, well I only have something like 25h of burn in at the moment so this might evolve in some point.

This sound like a tube ! it has added more warmth to the 271's. The mids are even better than the 6922h and the treble is slightly less forward, but equally airy. I can resolve a little less details ( very little!) but it sounds very comfortable in the treble, there is no hiss are harsh soundings. The mids are in the vocals just tremendous, acoustic guitar is great. the soundstage is equally good with the 6922H. The bass is now fuller with my 271, but not tight and even quite muddy... yes there is a bit more in quantity but it is liquid and slow, and not very impactful. 

I' m used to listen with eq 1 on the e11, to add some body to the 271, I know they can sound tight and good for electro or hip hop. But i hope it will resolve with further burn-in...

At the moment I use foobar through wasapi and if I want to equ the bass a bit ( something like 3-4 db@60hz ) the bass is distorted, Is it a limit of the tube ? i Know the 271 can handle it, It can handle +8db @60hz with the xfi for example.

I will give you further impressions when I have something like 100Hrs burn- in with this particular tube.

But I really love this russian tube, the tone and warmth of the mids sounds so good , maybe I'm just not used to their more "analog" sounding,

I really like this little combo, it is worth every cent spend on it IMO !

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #165 of 8,309
seriously considering buying this as my first tube amp to go with my HD 650's.
L3000.gif
 Could somebody make a short list of the tubes that work well with the T1 and also brief detail on how each affects the sound?
i mainly listen to and produce deep/ progressive house music. A tube for some extra punch , low  distortion and warmth would be nice.

might get a ecc88 mullard to start with unless somebody gets back to me on rock grotto about an order for the RM 6H23N-EB. The original post on rock grotto saying they were for sale was back in 2011. 

so the comparisons i would liek to know for are:

Stock 6922EH (upgraded version)

RM 6H23N-EB

ecc88 mullard GB

6n23p USSR MG rocket

Genalex 6922 E88CC Gold Lion 

Im really excited about this..i :)

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back