Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Jan 12, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #166 of 8,309
The Genalex is in the $45 range so it is probably really good, maybe not excellent like a Telefunken or Siemens but at 1/4 the price it's tempting.

I haven't received my T1 yet, but I've already ordered a couple of valves to roll in. I scored a Amperex NOS Bugle Boy D getter for a little less and I'm really looking forward to it, they are supposed to be one of the best out there from what I've read.

Jan 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #167 of 8,309
Quote:
so the comparisons i would liek to know for are:

Stock 6922EH (upgraded version)

RM 6H23N-EB

ecc88 mullard GB

I'm a huge fan of the Mullard which stays on my T1 since I've received it :wink: .. The 6H23N-EB from Rock-grotto and  until now ( burn in in progress) I'm not fan .  I tried 6N27P advised by another Tube fan and really appreciate it but less than the Mullard ECC88 .  An Amperex 6922 PQ orange label US will come soon :wink:

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #168 of 8,309
I'm guessing you could use a cheapish phono preamp, run it into the line input of your PC and then set the T1 as your output, that way you'd be using the tube section? Or is that totally off-base? I am planning on doing this when mine shows up.

I guess you could do that and it will work, but it will be counter intuitive. You bought the T1 for the audio processing capability, yet you're feeding it through your computer's DAC.

But its alright for me though, the sound quality is nice enough.

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #169 of 8,309
Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing this pretty soon and I was wondering a couple things:

Does anyone have the Hifiman HE-400, how do they pair with these?  What tubes work or don't work with this specific combination?

Also if anyone has owned either the Fiio E17 or the Schiit Modi & Magni stack and can offer comparisons vs. the Aune, that would be appreciated as well.

Jan 12, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #171 of 8,309
Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing this pretty soon and I was wondering a couple things:

Does anyone have the Hifiman HE-400, how do they pair with these?  What tubes work or don't work with this specific combination?

Also if anyone has owned either the Fiio E17 or the Schiit Modi & Magni stack and can offer comparisons vs. the Aune, that would be appreciated as well.

he-400 sounds great with it. i preferred the 6n23p rocket logo tube with it

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #172 of 8,309
Quote:
he-400 sounds great with it. i preferred the 6n23p rocket logo tube with it

thanks.  and with your awesome DFA1979 avatar, i think we listen to the same type of music too, so i can definitely trust your opinion even more. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #173 of 8,309
headfonia just did a review on Magni and Modi almost a week ago with a slight comparison to T1... http://www.headfonia.com/schitty-magni-and-modi/ that kinda sold me to T1...

and have been following this thread and I just couldn't help but guess it could be about time I get myself another amp for the new year! so had pulled the trigger on this... ordered before the weekend so probably monday it will arrive as it's free local delivery!

the deal comes free with 6922EH but the special addons of the Genalex Goldlion E88CC at SGD45 is just kinda irresistable! so everything is in.. hopefully Monday I can try and compare the tubes out and let you guys know...

for those whose interested, http://www.quartzacoustic.com/?product=aune-t1-24bit-usb-dac-tube-headphone-amp, I got it here.. think is a new store.. but at that price is definitely a steal! can't wait!!!

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #174 of 8,309
Hello,

In one Word : I keep my Aune T1 and E17 is for sale :wink:

The Musical quality of T1 is better to my ears and Tube tweaking is a very valuable option. I should advice E17 ( which is really good too) only because of all options it provides ( mobile or desktop use , Digital input , Bass/treble EQ ) . But for sound and desktop/home use the Aune T1 is (far?) better.

I will discover HE-400/Aune T1 Combo very soon. I found a near-new HE-400 and I will receive it next week :D

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #175 of 8,309
I just pulled the trigger and ordered one of these.  It's shipping out of of the US so it shouldn't take too long to get here. 

Can't wait to get in all the tube rolling, etc.

Jan 14, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #176 of 8,309
I just got mine in today, ordered Thursday from Hong Kong, showed up in the US on Monday.   Very fast turnaround.

I got the standard version because I'm planning on upgrading the tube soon.   The included tube sounds wonderful though.   Be careful with the little tube protection plastic bits if you plan on using them, they snap easily (broke mine).   I wasn't planning on using them anyway, they look kind of hinky - I'm going to have something fabricated out of aluminum to match the amp.

Drums, vocals, guitars and even low-end really sizzle with this little beastie.   Great soundstage too.

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #178 of 8,309
AKG K 702/Sennheiser HD 650.   I have the AKGs plugged in for that photo with an extension cord.   Stock tube is really quiet, I have to crank it past midway to get the volume up & that is with both gain switches flipped on.

It could be my source material, listening to the Secret World concert film right now.

Jan 14, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #179 of 8,309
I have to say I prefer this setup with Senn HD 650s (no surprise there).    I'm hearing tons of details I never picked up before with a FiiO E10.

This dac/amp is a great bargain IMO.   Just beautiful, ear-gas-mic!!! 
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back