Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Jan 4, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #8,026 of 8,309
  so I've continued having issues with my t1 mk1 and I've emailed the sales email from aunes site atleast 5 times now without a reply in weeks. Is there any other options to get one of these repaired? I just want to have an amp/dac again for my headphones lol

I'm also trying to find somewhere to get a new EU power brick for a trip. I emailed the authorized U.S. retailer and got a terse response that they don't carry that item. 

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #8,027 of 8,309
  I'm also trying to find somewhere to get a new EU power brick for a trip. I emailed the authorized U.S. retailer and got a terse response that they don't carry that item. 

Hello

You would try to contact http://www.earthcitysoundco.com/

Jan 20, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #8,031 of 8,309
  Has anyone compared or owned an original T1 and a T1 SE? Are there audible differences? I think about upgrading to the T1 SE... :

No one?
I would like to know about this comparison too.

Feb 5, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #8,032 of 8,309
Okay- I love the Aune T1 WHEN it is working properly- great tube sound and tube rolling really does make a difference. But with the Aune T1, I have periodic deafening, jarring, HORRIBLE, static noise that occasionally occurs and then stops a few seconds latter. I had my unit replaced by the company; however, the noise continues to occur. Anyone have an idea of why this might occur? I've tried different headphones, USB ports, etc. but the problem still remains. 

Feb 5, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #8,033 of 8,309
  Okay- I love the Aune T1 WHEN it is working properly- great tube sound and tube rolling really does make a difference. But with the Aune T1, I have periodic deafening, jarring, HORRIBLE, static noise that occasionally occurs and then stops a few seconds latter. I had my unit replaced by the company; however, the noise continues to occur. Anyone have an idea of why this might occur? I've tried different headphones, USB ports, etc. but the problem still remains. 

Does it do this with different computers?  Have you tried it on another computer?  (Could be signal noise from poorly shielded internals in the computer.)

Is there anything near by that might cause radio interference, e.g., cell phone or WiFi access point or router?

Feb 5, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #8,034 of 8,309
Hi Trellus- thank you for the reply! There's no router/acesspoint nearby. I'll try a different location and different computer and see if that might help. I wouldn't think there would be issues with the MacBook Air that I was using

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #8,035 of 8,309
Hi Trellus- thank you for the reply! There's no router/acesspoint nearby. I'll try a different location and different computer and see if that might help. I wouldn't think there would be issues with the MacBook Air that I was using

Apple products are usually pretty well built (I have a MacBook, also) but testing it with another computer at least might help establish whether the Aune does this consistently with other computers or just a particular one.

How often does it happen?

Also, if you happen to have another DAC/amp you can test with your MacBook, that might give you another data point as well.

Feb 5, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #8,036 of 8,309

What source are you using? I occasionally found interference with Tidal early on, but no problem since then. My Aune T1 (type 1) has provided trouble free service except for some static when changing the volume (I have since begun to use a Schiit Vali 2 as amp with the T1 for DAC only and there is no remaining problem so i guess it was the volume itself). Unless you are using the same sporadically defective tube (with both units), I would hazard a guess that you haven't had two defective T1s with exactly the same problem. I have used my T1 mainly with an iPad3 and more recently with an iPad Pro also with an iPhone 6 and, occasionally an older iMac with no problem (I assume that you are using a USB out). Have you switched your cables? Sorry just throwing stuff out here. Let us know what happens.

Feb 5, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #8,037 of 8,309
My unit also has this weird distortion problem, but it mainly happens if I leave it on for a while and not shut down my laptop - going into hibernation. So when it runs later, it will play at like half the speed with deep distortion almost like a demonic voice. I'll restart it and it'll work again no problem. 

Still don't know what causes it though. I've upgraded to the Matrix Mini-I, it has AES/EBU, optical, USB, and Coax so I'm very happy with it. Since my laptop only has USB out, I can't use the T1 together with the Matrix. Unless I got another laptop though. 
biggrin.gif

Mine is the T1 Mk2.

Feb 17, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #8,039 of 8,309
  Hey guys I have a question for you all....How many tubes have you gone through using the Aune T1? I ask because since I started this thread back in 2012 not a single tube has died on me yet. Granted, I do use different tubes at different times but still...seems like tubes live a long time in this thing.

Same here not a single one has died since my first tube purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back