Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Mar 16, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #7,816 of 8,309
The Telefunkens are pricey...

Mostly yes, but you could find out good deals. Once I bought NOS, unopened Tele fo 20EUR.:)

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #7,817 of 8,309
  Many Thank, KepinCemit.

It seem that Amperex 6DJ8 is the way too go for me cuz I don't really care much about bass,

I listen mainly to JPop Female Singer and few Classical.

No worries, just sharing my experience with Aune T1 :)

Anyway, i found this site when I googled around (or did I find in in the first few pages of this thread ? ) trying to find info about tubes back when my Aune T1 was brand new

http://www.audioasylum.com/scripts/d.pl?audio/faq/joes-tubes.html#6DJ8

Bought the bugle boy/orange logo based on the review of the site

Hope you'll find the best tube for your Aune T1 :)

Mar 22, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #7,818 of 8,309
Can anyone help with recommending me a tube or two? I'm looking for something that will be relatively bass heavy, not because I am a bass heavy person but because I feel my aiaiai tma-1's lack in bass, otherwise im looking for a balance with a slight emphasis on details. I listen to mostly electronic pop and electronic indie. The likes of tame impala, m83, mura masa, alt-j, Bombay bicycle club, animal collective and primal scream. I have been looking at the siemens ecc88? I have no previous experience with tubes so not sure which brands have what characteristics :D

Mar 22, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #7,819 of 8,309
Try the GE smoked glass 6DJ8. It's cheap and it's a good pairing for electronic music. The Siemens tubes are more neutral sounding, with less emphasis on bass than the GE's. Another decent cheap all rounder is the Philips JAN 6922 (made in the USA), or if you'd like more emphasis on mids, the Philips holland tubes are very nice (orange globe, etc). Siemens has a tilt towards treble, so you'll have plenty of ambience/details, however they're generally expensive tubes.

Mar 23, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #7,820 of 8,309
Try the GE smoked glass 6DJ8. It's cheap and it's a good pairing for electronic music. The Siemens tubes are more neutral sounding, with less emphasis on bass than the GE's. Another decent cheap all rounder is the Philips JAN 6922 (made in the USA), or if you'd like more emphasis on mids, the Philips holland tubes are very nice (orange globe, etc). Siemens has a tilt towards treble, so you'll have plenty of ambience/details, however they're generally expensive tubes.

Struggling to find the ge tube in the UK, will keep looking otherwise I will look at the Philips, thanks for the help

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #7,821 of 8,309
Struggling to find the ge tube in the UK, will keep looking otherwise I will look at the Philips, thanks for the help

Finding tubes in UK is easy - http://www.langrex.co.uk/.
A little bit princely but there are good tubes.

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #7,822 of 8,309
I will look at the Philips, thanks for the help

Why you are looking for Philips if you have Mullards and Brimars locally?:)
It's both very good sounding tubes.

Mar 23, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #7,823 of 8,309
Finding tubes in UK is easy - http://www.langrex.co.uk/.
A little bit princely but there are good tubes.

Why you are looking for Philips if you have Mullards and Brimars locally?:)
It's both very good sounding tubes.

Sorry guys, new to this whole thing Haha. Turns out I can get the ge tube on eBay for around £25. That link is good thanks but again being new to this I'm not sure how all these models stack up in terms of audio characteristics, what I'm looking for is detailed in an earlier post ^ will the Mullards and Brimars give similar characteristics?? :)

Mar 23, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #7,824 of 8,309
Sorry guys, new to this whole thing Haha. Turns out I can get the ge tube on eBay for around £25. That link is good thanks but again being new to this I'm not sure how all these models stack up in terms of audio characteristics, what I'm looking for is detailed in an earlier post ^ will the Mullards and Brimars give similar characteristics??
smily_headphones1.gif

Mullard (from my experience) will. Blackburn or Mitchem plant (Bxxx and Rxxx codes). Older is better.
http://www.audiotubes.com/mullcode.htm

Mar 30, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #7,825 of 8,309
The T1 with a good tube, I use an Amperex 7308, as a DAC into the Asgard 2 driving HD600's sounds awesome. In my opinion this combo gives the best of both worlds, the warmth of a tube, and the drive and punch of solid state. The T1's amp section was ok with the 600's at higher gain, but they came alive with the Asgard 2, better bass, bigger more detailed soundstage, better instrument separation, etc... Haven't upgraded in a while, which says something...

I'm trying to decide between the T1 and a lesser known Xduoo TA-01. The TA-01 has a higher output of 224mW at 300 ohm vs T1's 150mW at 300 ohms, will this give better results than the T1 similar to your experience with the higher powered Asgard 2?

Mar 30, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #7,826 of 8,309
Works great with the 6xx series phones. Not quite as powerful as using an external amp, but a very detailed, tonally correct presentation can be had.

I would urge you to try some Holland tubes with these headphones. The midrange can sound very, very nice.

I am pretty sure Aune tested the T1 with the 6xx series headphones... It may sound a bit polite, but I enjoy the sound myself quite a lot.

Would I get more out of my HD580's if I use a Xduoo TA-01 which produces 2100mW @ 32 ohms (sorry it doesn't list mW @ 300 ohm) vs the Aune T1 which produces 1000mW @ 32 ohms?

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #7,827 of 8,309
I'm trying to decide between the T1 and a lesser known Xduoo TA-01. The TA-01 has a higher output of 224mW at 300 ohm vs T1's 150mW at 300 ohms, will this give better results than the T1 similar to your experience with the higher powered Asgard 2?

Not sure, I don't really use any of that stuff anymore. I use a Bifrost 4490, Sansui 9090 and HD650's now.

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #7,828 of 8,309
I don't think output power is going to determine the sound quality you're gonna get on the amps, but still it's true that the amp on the T1 leaves a lot to be desired. Anyway if you need suggestions I'd say you cant go wrong with the Lovely Cube or the M-stage as amp for the T1 and the HD580.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back