Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Mar 15, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #7,803 of 8,309
  I'm wondering, will FiiO K5 amp make difference compared to Aune T1 internal amp? Anyone tried this yet? I'm using HD600, btw.

Yes it will but I don't think the effects are gonna worth the money. If you're willing to spend 100 USD for the K5 I suggest you buy the Vali or Modi, it's gonna be much better.

Mar 15, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #7,804 of 8,309
  Have to admit I used my stock tube for 18 months....

I had the greatest of intentions of tube rolling when I got my T1 back in 2014, but it just never happened. Only replaced it because it started to act up. Having replaced it though, I realize just how bad it was.

I know that feeling. Happens to all tube amps. I bought the Little Dot I+ having heard all the raves about it and was hugely disappointed when it arrived. But then I switched the tubes and, wow. 

Mar 15, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #7,805 of 8,309
  Yes it will but I don't think the effects are gonna worth the money. If you're willing to spend 100 USD for the K5 I suggest you buy the Vali or Modi, it's gonna be much better.

The thing is, no one sell Schiit product here. While importing is available, it had tons of hassle, something which I'm not really like. One of vendor said they going to import Modi (both standard and Uber) but it's been several month without news now.

So, back to see what other amp available locally, I guess. Thanks for the info, though!

Mar 15, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #7,806 of 8,309

The thing is, no one sell Schiit product here. While importing is available, it had tons of hassle, something which I'm not really like. One of vendor said they going to import Modi (both standard and Uber) but it's been several month without news now.

So, back to see what other amp available locally, I guess. Thanks for the info, though!

How about the JDS O2? There's a lot of great tube amp choices for the HD600, but as you already have the Aune T1, I guess you'll be better off with a solid state amp.
If you're willing to go higher, the Lovely Cube is going to be great.

Mar 15, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #7,807 of 8,309
  Have to admit I used my stock tube for 18 months....

I had the greatest of intentions of tube rolling when I got my T1 back in 2014, but it just never happened. Only replaced it because it started to act up. Having replaced it though, I realize just how bad it was.

I replaced it relatively soon (I was very curious about the difference it would make), but wanted it to be affordable and easy to buy locally, customs fees are no joke
mad.gif

So I ended up buying a Genalex Golden Lion and was afraid it wouldnt make any difference to my ears, but it did and I have been very happy with it so far
smily_headphones1.gif

Small steps are also steps
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #7,809 of 8,309
  How about the JDS O2? There's a lot of great tube amp choices for the HD600, but as you already have the Aune T1, I guess you'll be better off with a solid state amp.
If you're willing to go higher, the Lovely Cube is going to be great.

Wasn't O2 rather thin on mid? And will it power HD600 adequately?
Lovely cube? Hmm, I'll try look for it. Thank you.

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #7,810 of 8,309
  Can anyone recommend a replace tube for T1 mk2 that good with high and/or female vocal ?

I'm using Mk1, so the results might not be exactly the same with Mk2.

Oh, this doesn't directly answer your question, but I've tried 2 others typed of tube and this is a very simple/short review for them, all compared to the 6922 Electro Harmonix stock tube btw.

Left : Amperex 6DJ8 Bugle Boy Logo
More airy (airy-er ? :p), soundstage & ambiance is much much bigger than stock. Less bass impact & extension, still punchy, just lacking a bit of bass oomph​

Middle : Amperex 6DJ8 Orange Globe Logo​
Warm-ish, more vibrant/lively compared to stock. Sweeter mids to my ear. Soundstage/everything else is roughly the same as stock. To me ears, this is a more refined version of the stock tube, called it a direct upgrade to the sound sig of the stock tube if you will.​

Tested with:​
Foobar (various files, flacs & 320kbps)
Aune T1 Mk 1
Headphone Sony MDR MA 900​
Active/Powered Multimedia Speaker Corsair SP2500​

Please note that the sound differences of the tubes through the headphone amp isn't really that big, at least to my ears. Noticeable, but not that huge.
They only sounded really different through the multimedia speakers.

For my personal tastes, I prefer the Bugle Boy.

Bought the Bugle Boy & Orange Globe in ebay. I think around $100 for a matched pair of each type.

Mar 16, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #7,811 of 8,309
  Can anyone recommend a replace tube for T1 mk2 that good with high and/or female vocal ?

It depends on music which you prefer.

Mar 16, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #7,812 of 8,309
Many Thank, KepinCemit.

It seem that Amperex 6DJ8 is the way too go for me cuz I don't really care much about bass,

I listen mainly to JPop Female Singer and few Classical.

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #7,813 of 8,309
  Many Thank, KepinCemit.

It seem that Amperex 6DJ8 is the way too go for me cuz I don't really care much about bass,

I listen mainly to JPop Female Singer and few Classical.

Telefunken, Berlin plant tubes is the best choice for you. Older is better.
Telefunken tubes have 3D holographic sound and really amazing on female vocals.
Telefunken tubes have a problems on large orchestras and metal music in bass area so if you away of such type of music it is a best choice for female vocals.

Mar 16, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #7,814 of 8,309
Maybe, I shall get these two Tube, Amperex 6DJ8 and Telefunken.
one for Classical and one for Female Vocal,
Man... you guys are lifesaving.

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #7,815 of 8,309
The Tele's are super, super pricey. I liked them best with jazz; for female vocals I personally enjoy the Philips/Amperex holland made tubes. 7308/E188CC are the most refined sounding, treble wise, but they are also expensive. Not quite as much as a NOS Telefunken tube though.

Other Philips tubes sound quite nice, including the 6DJ8/ECC88 and 6922/E88CC. The US made Amperex tubes I found have a bit of a raw sounding treble. They are less laid-back and more forward as well, to my ears. The cheap US Amperex tubes are about the same cost as a cheap Holland Philips, which may also be labelled as an Amperex. Look for * as the US factory code, and a delta symbol (half triangle) for the Holland made Philips/Amperex tubes.

The Telefunkens are pricey... NOS tubes will have a big line of letters/numbers to identify them. Brent Jessee has a pdf that explains how to interpret the code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back