Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Dec 6, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #7,621 of 8,309
  At first few hours yes, but after 5+ hours, the 7308 mids/vocals started to open up. It was airy, clear, and wide sound stage, details are there, bass is accurate; a great listening experience overall. 

Same reason why I bought the T1. I thought I was not hearing what I supposed to be hearing on my vintage Yamaha CA-1010 and KEF 104/2 with my older soundcard. The first time I heard the T1 with the 6922EH stock tube, I was thrilled to hear the difference! Everything just sounded better! 

You can read my story a few pages back.

Had a read of your earlier post. Good to hear they opened up after a while. I suppose I could just plug my DAC in overnight with the 7308 and play some music through headphones. I'd imagine that should do the trick before I do any critical listening. 

Same for me with the On-Board Mac Audio (which is actually pretty good) and the FiiO E10K. The tighter bass changed everything for me. Looking for that next step now. I'll probably post back here with my findings / comparison with E10K when I get everything. 

Dec 6, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #7,622 of 8,309
 I suppose I could just plug my DAC in overnight with the 7308 and play some music through headphones. I'd imagine that should do the trick before I do any critical listening.

Exactly the same thing I do whenever I receive a new tube.

I'll wait for your updates. :)

Dec 8, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #7,623 of 8,309
I bought a tube from the auction site. Seller advertised this as "6N1P-EV." It has a writing that is almost impossible to see, I had to put a flashlight behind the tube to see what's written.

It says: "ECC88 MADE IN USSR"

Then the more clearer writing says "OTK1,"

And "V7" which looked like it was hand written only.

I want to buy another tube like this, so I searched for a similar tube, but I couldn't find a "ECC88 MADE IN USSR" label, what I found was "6DJ8 MADE IN USSR" as shown on the last photo.

I know 6N1P and ECC88 are completely compatible with each other, I just want to make sure I'm getting the exact same tube again.

I can only find tubes like this one:

Dec 8, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #7,624 of 8,309
To my surprise I had a package arrive today. The T1 was here and earlier than expected.

After all this talk in the last couple of days I was fairly excited to get it up and running.

Until I found out it was dead on arrival of course. Plugged it in, switched it on, plugged in the USB, and nothing. 

The power cable also looks like it's corroding. It's flakey and sticky. Most probably the source of the issue. 

Anyhow back it goes. Hopefully I get a replacement in a reasonable timeframe. I can imagine the 7308 will arrive from the USA quicker than I get a replacement. 

Dec 8, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #7,626 of 8,309
Brand new off Amazon would you believe! 

No I haven't actually, I'll give that a go now. 

Dec 8, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #7,627 of 8,309
I say that. It's advertised as "new". 
  Crap! Where did you buy that from? Used I presume? Have you tried cleaning the power supply contacts before sending it back?

No luck unfortunately. The power pack is getting slightly warm, but nothing from the T1. It's either that end or the T1 itself. 

Dec 8, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #7,628 of 8,309
That sucks! Does the packaging looks new to you? Cables tied up neatly? Otherwise, I'd say that's a returned faulty unit they sent you. Do you mind posting the seller you bought it from so future T1 buyers would be aware of?

Dec 8, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #7,629 of 8,309
  That sucks! Does the packaging looks new to you? Cables tied up neatly? Otherwise, I'd say that's a returned faulty unit they sent you. Do you mind posting the seller you bought it from so future T1 buyers would be aware of?

Yes it actually looked brand new. Everything was perfectly in place. 

Just managed to get it working for 20 seconds. I went along the wire, between the pin connector and the power pack, slowly pressing on each part of the wire. Came on for 20 seconds. I then switched it off and tried turning it back on to no avail. Pressing on the wire now has no effect. 

I can't really figure out why the unit looks in great condition, all the components look brand new, yet the power pack / cable looks like it's been sitting in a warehouse for 10 years. 

Anyhow, the seller is EUWHOLESALE. It appears to be the only place that sells it here in the UK. There's numerous for sale on amazon, but all link back to that company; including the official Aune listing. As a wholesaler, I would imagine they received it in this condition and wouldn't have checked the product. 

Lets hope they can send me a working one pretty swiftly, so I can confirm they aren't a total waste of time. 

Dec 8, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #7,630 of 8,309
I know how you feel, and the hardest part of that is the waiting time for you to get your product back and hoping it's a working one. It's definitely the power supply at fault here. If it's a more common power supply, I'd just improvise one, but this 5-pin din connector of the T1 sucks!

Keep us posted.

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #7,632 of 8,309
  I bought a tube from the auction site. Seller advertised this as "6N1P-EV." It has a writing that is almost impossible to see, I had to put a flashlight behind the tube to see what's written.

It says: "ECC88 MADE IN USSR"

Then the more clearer writing says "OTK1,"

And "V7" which looked like it was hand written only.

I want to buy another tube like this, so I searched for a similar tube, but I couldn't find a "ECC88 MADE IN USSR" label, what I found was "6DJ8 MADE IN USSR" as shown on the last photo.

I know 6N1P and ECC88 are completely compatible with each other, I just want to make sure I'm getting the exact same tube again.

I can only find tubes like this one:

Maybe you bought tubes produced for export. As far as i know on local market this tube called 6Н23П (in russian), OTK1 means qaulity contol.  Sorry for double post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back