Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Apr 8, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #5,026 of 8,309
How should we know xExio you didn't say how much you paid for it lol. Do you mean is it a nice tune , Yea I think it's pretty well reviewed as being very highly sound quality so says Salvatore and I'm pretty sure he is one of the top 3 people having listened to nearly every tube so..

"
Amperex 7308 White Label PQ: Combines the best qualities of both orange globe and telefunken. Feels natural and has proper punch when needed. The bass is simply perfect and the overall sound manages to be very transparent, airy and highly detailed without being cold. Lots of layers which help you discover new interesting things from your favorite tracks. This tube just seems to have it all. Listen some quality jazz recordings and you can easily hear all the brushes and strokes of individual instruments.

Sound stage: ****½
Imaging: ****½
Transparency: ****½
Total: 13½ / 15"

Apr 8, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #5,027 of 8,309
  How should we know xExio you didn't say how much you paid for it lol. Do you mean is it a nice tune , Yea I think it's pretty well reviewed as being very highly sound quality so says Salvatore and I'm pretty sure he is one of the top 3 people having listened to nearly every tube so..

"
Amperex 7308 White Label PQ: Combines the best qualities of both orange globe and telefunken. Feels natural and has proper punch when needed. The bass is simply perfect and the overall sound manages to be very transparent, airy and highly detailed without being cold. Lots of layers which help you discover new interesting things from your favorite tracks. This tube just seems to have it all. Listen some quality jazz recordings and you can easily hear all the brushes and strokes of individual instruments.

Sound stage: ****½
Imaging: ****½
Transparency: ****½
Total: 13½ / 15"

When people refer to white/orange label, do they refer on the color of the print on the tube itself, or is this the real tubes name?
Also could you say how much you payed for the tube and where you got it from? online/store...
Thanks

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #5,029 of 8,309
I come to understand that Philips PCC189 is 7.6V/300mA and 6922-variants are 6.3V. Can Aune T1 support Philips PCC189 plug-n-play?

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #5,030 of 8,309

1) Prefer Aune T1. Audinst MX 2 too laid back for me, for fast music.
2) Pairing Crack with Aune T1. Even with T1 alone, I enjoy metal and EDM, but need warmer tube.
3) Yes if you ask me, but better if you pair with warmer amp since T1 amp is too bright for me with EH 6922.

Thanks! What do you mean about warmer tube? Examples?) 

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #5,032 of 8,309
  Thanks! What do you mean about warmer tube? Examples?) 

The tube is warm, not cold like other tube. Lol. Just kidding. I mean warmer sound. I don't know how to explain. :D Mostly people will recommend Amperex OG 6DJ8, best bang for buck I tell ya mate.

Apr 9, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #5,035 of 8,309
My new Amperex JAN 7308 tube. Imprint said it is made in USA. First hour test proves it sounds better than the 6922EH. Tighter bass, better imaging, better mids, better vocals. Need to spend more listening to it.So far listening to Diana Krall, Michael Jackson, Norah Jones, Daniel Pewter and Robbie Williams, is more enjoyable. Cost me RMB275 (USD45).

Apr 9, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #5,036 of 8,309
  Thats weird because like I`ve said many times - Aune T1 does not drow any power from usb.

May I know how you remove/cut the +5V signal?

Apr 9, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #5,038 of 8,309
I have some tubes that are littlebit microphonic (sensitive to tapping) but will tube damper make bass tighter? Sorry, still think it`s bs.

edit: Btw, bought another tube - NOS NIB Siemens PCC189/7ES8, for 6.5€ :)

Envy you that you can buy tubes at great prices.

Apr 9, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #5,039 of 8,309
Ok almost half way through this thread. Keep going.

Apr 10, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #5,040 of 8,309
Hi Folks!!

I am back. :)  Things have changed a bit in my system.  I now use the aune only as a DAC (never liked its amp, anyhow)... in fact, it has taken place as my main DAC, replacing my Peachtree Nova on that.

Anyhow, I am writing to tell I found an absolutely fantastic tube for it.  6N23P Refektor.   

It really takes the little aune for the next level.  The sound clean, almost crisp, yet involving and musical.  Bass is awesome.  Mids are sweet.  Treble sparkles.  The whole thing is just full body and tasty.
L3000.gif

It clearly passed the Amperex Orange Globes (not an easy feat).

[]s
Walfredo 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back