Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Feb 7, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #4,576 of 8,309
Guys I am trying to verify two things.

1) Is the RCA labeled tube actually a US made Amperex as it was sold?

2) Is the Siemens a CCa or not?

I have more pictures, but I think this shows it all, the only missing thing in the pictures is the number 2 etched on the bottom.

Feb 7, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #4,577 of 8,309
  Guys I am trying to verify two things.

1) Is the RCA labeled tube actually a US made Amperex as it was sold?

2) Is the Siemens a CCa or not?

I have more pictures, but I think this shows it all, the only missing thing in the pictures is the number 2 etched on the bottom.

You E88CC is not a CCA...but damn close

Feb 7, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #4,578 of 8,309
What tells you it is not?  Also what about the RCA labeled supposed Amperex?

What you showed is just a sell ad for a select few CCa tubes, they ran for years.

Feb 7, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #4,579 of 8,309

What you showed is just a sell ad for a select few CCa tubes, they ran for years.

CCa tubes (real) are so rare...and if you did find one then
1) 95% say CCa on them
2) You didn't pay under $150

The add is not old and its NOT CCA. It gives you an idea of premium E88CC's

Many EBAY sellers list as E88CC, CCA or 6DJ8,CCA or 6922,CCA,

They are the first letters not CCA's

Even the ones MARKED CCa's should be suspect.

These MIGHT be real
http://www.ebay.com/itm/perfect-pair-of-Siemens-CCa-tubes-mint-NOS-NIB-own-boxes-dreamtubes-/201002657780?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item2eccb127f4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Matched-Pair-Siemens-CCA-Made-in-Germany-Munich-E88CC-ECC88-6DJ8-6922-/321307875543?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item4acf7118d7

I have no clue on the RCA....sorry

Feb 8, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #4,580 of 8,309
Guys you might want to start posting those etched factory codes for better identification.

Feb 8, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #4,581 of 8,309

Siemens ,Telefunken ,Valavoa are most common CCa ,most CCa are German types of tubes and only few were made outside  of Germany     

Quote:
  Most of what is available is Siemens or Telefunken made, although there are a few very rare examples of Philips or Amperex Holland made out there. Since this was a tube made specifically for the German goverment and military, all that I have seen carry a German brand label, even those made in Holland. Even rarer are the Holland made Cca tubes with the pinched waist indented glass midsections, said to be the most sonically "3D" tube ever made, of any type. Finding these is akin to finding a 1795 gold piece in your attic! I don't believe there were any of these Cca tubes made in the USA 

here is example of CCa (they all will test very high and will outlast none CCa ),I payed $230-shipped from Germany for both (1965)

NOTE; Siemens are most common CCa tubes 

Feb 8, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #4,582 of 8,309
Well, got the Grados.  I love them but did have an issue with them initially.  There was a significant 'buzzing' in the right ear piece.  Checked them on my regular audio equipment an there was no buzz.  What I did is change the output gain on the Aune to 16db and the problem went away.  Planning on turning my wife into a Grado widow this weekend.  Happy happy happy.

Feb 8, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #4,583 of 8,309
I can't locate any etched codes  
confused.gif

I did find an additional symbol though, it's on the opposite of the metal shield inside the tube and looks similar to an alpha symbol.

Feb 8, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #4,584 of 8,309
  I can't locate any etched codes  
confused.gif

I did find an additional symbol though, it's on the opposite of the metal shield inside the tube and looks similar to an alpha symbol.

NCS..you may just have one or the not designated ones that are the same..I know that side getter code means something...I myself just don't know enough about how to 100% identify..

Feb 8, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #4,585 of 8,309
No ...you were right...lwrs doesn't have it in his impressions list ...SO I am taking FULL CREDIT for this find...and totally pulling his leg...because he has done some awesome research on this friendly little DAC

My review was ...

~~GE Labeled SIEMENS 6AQ8 ECC85 GERMANY - cant make out date code 5.0 Stars *****/ This bad boy is amazing, Soundstage impresses you immediately as does the detail. This and my other GE labeled tube will knock your socks off. Would make anyone happy -this 6AQ8 which I think has a tad better soundstage (by a thumbnail) but also just a thumbnail less bass. . I listened to about 12 different type songs and could find no wrong EXCEPT some heavy metal tune by Nickelback and that may be the mastering, I need to check. But all other cuts, gorgeous. Vocals will make your head spin and take notice.

6AQ8 right? Who was the first person to try one in the Aune and reccomend it?

Shots fired!

All kidding aside, yes the GE one us a great sounding tube.

Feb 9, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #4,586 of 8,309
6AQ8 right? Who was the first person to try one in the Aune and reccomend it?

Shots fired!

All kidding aside, yes the GE one us a great sounding tube.

lwrs10 who ? Oh..that guy...LOL

Very true sir...I am still stuck with 4 tubes trying to decide #1...think I have narrowed down to 3....

Feb 9, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #4,587 of 8,309

lwrs10 who ? Oh..that guy...LOL

Very true sir...I am still stuck with 4 tubes trying to decide #1...think I have narrowed down to 3....

is it Mullard cough Amperex ? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

P.S. got myself one of the Smoked GE's ...nice 
To me the "smoked GE , Mullard Blackburn and Ultron sound very ,very similar with slight advantage Mullard 

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #4,588 of 8,309
  is it Mullard cough Amperex ? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

P.S. got myself one of the Smoked GE's ...nice 
To me the "smoked GE , Mullard Blackburn and Ultron sound very ,very similar with slight advantage Mullard 

That's funny...my Mullard fell to 4th place...LOL

6AQ8 GE by Siemens
PCC88 Amperex Orange Globe (with Blackburn codes)
6DJ8 GE USA smokey joe
~~6GM8 Mullard German Made

I am looking for a winner to stay in the unit much like my tubes that stay in my amp.

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #4,589 of 8,309
Space Queen -

I'm a bit confused about this:

Foobar2K/WASAPI >Aune T1[Smoked Ge 6DJ8 Ecc88] >DV 336SE[Tung Sol 7236/Raytheon 6SN7GTB]> DT880-250//HE-400

I'm a noob.  Why would you go from the Aune to the DV?  I know there must be a reason but somehow I'm missing it...

Thanks.

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #4,590 of 8,309
  Space Queen -

I'm a bit confused about this:

Foobar2K/WASAPI >Aune T1[Smoked Ge 6DJ8 Ecc88] >DV 336SE[Tung Sol 7236/Raytheon 6SN7GTB]> DT880-250//HE-400

I'm a noob.  Why would you go from the Aune to the DV?  I know there must be a reason but somehow I'm missing it...

Thanks.

you can start reading from here 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633006/aune-t1-usb-tube-dac-amp-discussion-thread-see-first-post-for-faq/3735#post_10117421

bottom line is T1 is not a tube amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back