Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Feb 6, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #4,546 of 8,309
Can you show us pics?  I'm curious to see it, I'll be putting pics of my beloved Siemens 6992 CCa A9 up soon.

Feb 6, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #4,548 of 8,309
  GUES WHAT ? Lori (Greengirl613 on ebay) sent me a tube...out of the blue !!! And what a tube...Amperex PCC88 Orange Globe...looks brand spanking new and sounds awesome. If you are a headphone guy, need more bass but clear bass, not boomy, this is a great tube to get. I have the same type in a 6GM8 and it was boomy.

I had already posted them...but here they are....AWESOKME sounding...and not even fully broken in...I will post better close-up pictures tonight....

Feb 6, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #4,549 of 8,309
That looks a lot like my Siemens from what I can see, except my Siemens has gold pins.

Feb 6, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #4,550 of 8,309
Another Telefunken ECC85 question - I've noticed most of the Telefunkens pictured on ebay & elsewhere have a diamond logo. Every once in awhile though you see one where the logo is circular with what looks like cogs on the outer diameter. Is there a difference between these two tubes? Also, isendono, I just read your post. Do you think you got a defective tube? Most other impressions of the ECC85 have been very positive.TIA

Ben

Feb 6, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #4,552 of 8,309
  Hey guys
I have a newbie question.

When I turn off my pc, should I turn off the Aune T1 (the SW switch at the back) or should I leave it running? What would be better for its' life span?

Turn it off. The lifespan of the amp itself isn't the problem, but you probably want to save the tubes.

Feb 6, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #4,554 of 8,309

Just received my NOS GE 6AQ8 tube and it sounds great!

I am using the Aune T1 as a DAC streaming from my iPad to a vintage Marantz 2270 receiver through a pair of Linn Sara speakers.

I am not great at describing what I am hearing, but my impressions are that this tube gives a little more detail than the stock tube. The other word that comes to mind is more natural sound where the 6922 was a bit more "clinical" sounding to me. Also the mid range seems a little more present.

A big thank you to Arcorob for doing the legwork to help find some of the best sounding tubes that do not cost an arm and a leg!

Feb 6, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #4,555 of 8,309

Benwa...I received an Amperex OG PCC88 out of the blue that is STUNNING. The similar OG in the 6GM8 was muddy (to me) this one is detailed, wide soundstage, forward mids and STRONG bass without being boomy...

it is NOT the a-frame type...(see picture) - Ask Greengirl613 if she has another....

I'm glad you did while I have two and counting bad tubes from  this seller
 http://www.ebay.com/itm/400628720480?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ge-Siemens-6AQ8-ECC85-Stereo-Tube-2210-709-30-/181307144926?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item2a36bf7ade

,first it was Sylvania black plates and after exchanging few emails I got another bad one ,actually the replacement was a lot worse then the one I was replacing ,this was the response today 
  We test for strength, shorts, leaks. We don't test in applications because it will be different in each one

I have another one coming today and if this one suck as bad as the other tubes I will avoid this seller in the future 

P.S. she agree to return the money for the last one tho

I think we all should stop recommending any sellers in this thread  

Feb 6, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #4,556 of 8,309
I love the Aune T1, but not the transformer. It has a buzz and if I put it anywhere on my desk, it vibrates. Even if it's on a padded item, it still buzzes loud enough for me to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back