Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Jan 8, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #3,991 of 8,309
Should I get used he-400 for 260 or the he-500 for 440 for use with the aune t1, since it may not bring out everything from the he-500

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #3,992 of 8,309

This is just ................................ C R A Z Y! O_o !

About fake caps - got to check my unit too but I belive my unit has real caps in place because I bought it long time ago when Aune T1 didn`t have this reputation and price was noticeably higher.
But going to open my unit soon anyway - making wooden case+knob with tube "box" under it for 3-4 tubes ;P

Update your list to include the 6H30P1, 6H6N, etc. They work very well.

Will update it tonight. Have to scan through those equivalent tubes to 6H30P1, 6H6N etc. If you know already what will work, please write to me and I will add those.

Jan 8, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #3,993 of 8,309
First time poster long time lurker

So I have recently bought an Aune T1 from Noisy Motel and it's great but what I wanted to know was how are people protecting the unit and or your headphones when turning them on and off.

I want to avoid a pop in the cans but also I don't want to damage the amp by Just pulling the headphone plug out what's the collective wisdom on protecting both headphones and amp.

Jan 8, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #3,994 of 8,309
I minimize the volume on the Aune, take out the headphone and turn the unit off from it's rear

Don't know if that puts any risk on the Aune

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #3,995 of 8,309
I just turn the power off because I don't want to mess with my volume settings. This being said, I'm relatively low volume listener.

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #3,996 of 8,309
Remember kids, when you replace big power supply capacitors, do not put them in backwards. Had some shots fired last night. Pow!

*got distracted by a phone call and should have checked"

And the turnoff thump/noise went away when the caps were replaced.

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #3,997 of 8,309
Playing with fire...

Hey bud, I know you say it works BUT the tube makers say the following:

~~The new 6H30 tube from Electro-Harmonix. Please note that this tube can not be used in place of 6DJ8 or 6922 tubes in other pre-amps; it can only be used in equipment that is designed for it. The 6H30 tube type is generally not compatible with 6922 and ECC88 tube types

Be wery wery carefuwl ...I know I don't want to piss away the cost of a new AUNE ...LOL

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #3,998 of 8,309
  Playing with fire...

Hey bud, I know you say it works BUT the tube makers say the following:

~~The new 6H30 tube from Electro-Harmonix. Please note that this tube can not be used in place of 6DJ8 or 6922 tubes in other pre-amps; it can only be used in equipment that is designed for it. The 6H30 tube type is generally not compatible with 6922 and ECC88 tube types

Be wery wery carefuwl ...I know I don't want to piss away the cost of a new AUNE ...LOL

I am very aware of this, and addressed it above. Its because the 6H30P heater current(850ma) is more than double that of a 6922/6DJ8. I verified the Aune can handle this added current last night and posted it. Right now I have the top and bottom off my Aune and am checking the temps on a few components in the circuit periodically just to make sure. So far so good. 

Here is a small list of others that work now:

6N6P/6H6N
6H30P
6H30Pi
6N30P-DR
6N30-DP
6H30DR

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #3,999 of 8,309

I am very aware of this, and addressed it above. Its because the 6H30P heater current(850ma) is more than double that of a 6922/6DJ8. I verified the Aune can handle this added current last night and posted it. Right now I have the top and bottom off my Aune and am checking the temps on a few components in the circuit periodically just to make sure. So far so good. 

Here is a small list of others that work now:

6N6P/6H6N
6H30P
6H30Pi
6N30P-DR
6N30-DP
6H30DR

Hey bud, I don't doubt you for a minute, I know YOU know what your doing...so what is the effect of the higher heater current? Will the tube get hotter or the unit ? Sounds like AUNE built in some nice overhead..

So has this become a favorite tube and one last question, how does it sound via RCA out to a system? Thanks !

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #4,000 of 8,309

Hey bud, I don't doubt you for a minute, I know YOU know what your doing...so what is the effect of the higher heater current? Will the tube get hotter or the unit ? Sounds like AUNE built in some nice overhead..

So has this become a favorite tube and one last question, how does it sound via RCA out to a system? Thanks !

One would think it would get hotter, but its running cooler than the EH6922. There is a couple resistors in the circuit that are running a tad hotter, but its no where near the DANGER WILL ROBINSON point yet.

The RCA out is quite nice so far. Much smoother and more dynamic.

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #4,001 of 8,309
50v 47uf Elna Silmic eh? The bigger one is a real one I am holding next to it.

7ynu5eby.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Those gold caps are directly in the signal path for the headphone amplifier. I usually am not the type to use "audio grade" caps, but the fact that the ones in this were 100% without a doubt fake, and I had real ones laying around, I swapped them. 

The power supply caps usually do not matter, but no brand caps don't sit well with me. The rail caps on the headphone amp were also fake after comparing them to real Nichicons. Font was not the same, indents in the top were different, and when I weighed them, the real Nichicons weighed more.

As for sound difference, using headphones, this tamed down the slight harshness it always had before. It never had that problem using the line out, but the headphone amp was kinda harsh to my ears. The line out listening will be done tomorrow, as it is late tonight.

But as far as the headphone out difference, well......it was quite a noticeable improvement. 

1. lwrs10..you are "national treasure" Sir can you please provide all the replacement parts list and  and some "how to " guide I really want to try this (maybe my older brother can do it) ,Thank you 
  2. Edit;
  3. will this work ?
  4. http://www.headfishop.com/elna-47uf-50v-silmic-ii-rfs-audio-capacitor-hifi_p375.html

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #4,002 of 8,309

One would think it would get hotter, but its running cooler than the EH6922. There is a couple resistors in the circuit that are running a tad hotter, but its no where near the DANGER WILL ROBINSON point yet.

The RCA out is quite nice so far. Much smoother and more dynamic.

Ahh..so it does affect the RCA out....hmm..It just so happens a have a BUNCH of really sweat caps (105 degree 1%) that would go in nicely...dang...why do you have to go and start this stuff !!! LOL

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #4,003 of 8,309
Should I get used he-400 for 260 or the he-500 for 440 for use with the aune t1, since it may not bring out everything from the he-500

While I can't comment on the he-500, I do own the he-400 and I just started rolling tubes. Last night I popped in a 6n23p Voskhod/Siemens tube and so far it sounds great. Plus if you can purchase the he-400 cans at 260 then I'd jump on it. I don't think the T1 will be able to properly power the he-500, but I don't know for certain.

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #4,004 of 8,309

While I can't comment on the he-500, I do own the he-400 and I just started rolling tubes. Last night I popped in a 6n23p Voskhod/Siemens tube and so far it sounds great. Plus if you can purchase the he-400 cans at 260 then I'd jump on it. I don't think the T1 will be able to properly power the he-500, but I don't know for certain.

I should receive my 400's today 
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #4,005 of 8,309
Spacequeen...Myself personally if I am going to bother changing caps, I go with good ones that are low esr and 5% 105 degrees if I can

EDIT : Know what ? I have them at home but I am finding they are NOT easy to find online...hmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back