Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
May 13, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #5,237 of 8,309
They're different products. The X1 is solid state dac/amp. T1 is tubedac/amp.

Aune X1

E: So far, the T1 MK2 looks disappointing. From Aune's site, it looks like they've only update the USB chipset and left everything else alone. It's either that or they haven't finalized anything else yet. Hoping for the latter.

May 13, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #5,239 of 8,309
Thank you a lot!!!  
dt880smile.png

May 13, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #5,240 of 8,309
Yes, I have to use a small powered hub with the iPad or iPhone to avoid a "low power" reading, despite the fact that the T1 doesn't draw power from the USB port. It works great once you use the hub though.

Thank you a lot!!!  
dt880smile.png

May 13, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #5,241 of 8,309
Isn't Aune T1 Pro an upgrade to T1 MK2?

No, a pro version is simply an upgrade tube. T1 MK2 is the second generation of T1 that offers asynchronous USB transfer for better clock control to reduce jitters and support up to 24bit/192kHz audio format.

And cost RMB100 more now (~USD16).

May 13, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #5,242 of 8,309
E: So far, the T1 MK2 looks disappointing. From Aune's site, it looks like they've only update the USB chipset and left everything else alone. It's either that or they haven't finalized anything else yet. Hoping for the latter.

Agreed.

Lack of 24bit 192kHz with the current Aune T1 is definitely a non-issue for me. Also, USB jitter is a non-issue. Hope the mk2 has some other features that make it worth upgrading to. Glad Aune is releasing new products as well.

May 15, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #5,245 of 8,309

Agreed.

Lack of 24bit 192kHz with the current Aune T1 is definitely a non-issue for me. Also, USB jitter is a non-issue. Hope the mk2 has some other features that make it worth upgrading to. Glad Aune is releasing new products as well.

I don't care about 192 KHz.  I only had two albums at this res. :)

But jitter is a problem.  Maybe my player computer is too slow, but I do get jitter/skip problems.

Looking to see if the T1.2 solves it.

[]s
Walfredo

May 15, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #5,246 of 8,309
Have you tried increasing the buffer in your player? Have you tried other players? Have you tried Wasapi event mode? Where is your source (external hard drive or internal?) Is it solid state or a spinner?

I set Foobar for Wasapi event mode with a 200ms buffer or so, and it never has any issues playing off my laptop or desktop drive. Externals will occasionally pause during playback for a few seconds because Windowsneeds to read the directory or something silly like that. This only happens when I have left it idle for a while and I assume it could be solved via power settings. Haven't looked into it yet.

I think most USB issues are not actually jitter, just related to buffering.

Just some ideas and places to investigate. Hope you can eliminate the issues :)

May 16, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #5,247 of 8,309
Having recently gotten my Aune T1 from Earth City on ebay I am enjoying the upgrade. However there was one small tidbit that is still nagging me. When I set everything up, I set the gain to 0 because my 598's are already low enough impedance. When I started running a few tracks through the Aune though, I noticed slight channel imbalance with the left side being slightly louder than the right. It isn't extremely annoying but it is noticeable enough. I'm wondering if this is because of the I only turn my volume knob less than a third of the way to max along with 0 gain. Right now, by shifting the left channel down 4, I can somewhat balance out the channels. However, I am wondering if this is a normal issue or if I should contact the seller for a replacement. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back