Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Jan 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #466 of 8,309
Jan 30, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #468 of 8,309
Quote:
...6922 sounds a bit too intimate and close for me so I definitely need a clearer and wider sounding tube. Especially the vocals could be clearer (I use treble +2db with my E17). 

Too intimate? What do you mean by it? With 6922EH it already is very wide & spacious sounding. Too close and unclear? I think by clearer tube you mean that you need more foward & narrower sounding tube because if you take even more wider-sounding tube, vocals will get even more "lost" imho. Rocket logo 6N23P should be more narrow & foward sounding tube than 6922EH. At least reflector logo 6N23P certainly is and when to read internet reviews, rocket one also. But well, ppl hear things differently and maybe its also about K702 paired with Aune T1.

Jan 30, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #469 of 8,309
Quote:
Yep, looks similar to ours(socket). Why don't you just buy a new adapter instead of changing whole power cord? 

I already bought one, but it makes the whole plug very bulky and takes almost 2 sockets out of my extension cord. I would prefer to replace the cord. The cord from aune to transducer is only just and just long enough to reach the floor from my table. In many cases there is a cord from product to transducer and from transducer to wall plug.

Jan 30, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #470 of 8,309
Even thread starter says following:

Russian 6n23p Rocket logo
This tube is intimacy to the max. Warm, but not muddy. Forward sounding. Output volume seems higher than the other tubes I’ve tried. Very musical and engaging tube. It’s a fun listen for sure but it comes at the cost of some soundstage. Has a very punchy midbass but doesn’t have as much presence in the lowest bass notes. Has a kind of addictive tube sound.
Purchased here: http://www.boiaudioworks.com/6N23P

I think you bought worng tube if you want even more wider sounding than 6922EH. 

E: Btw, if you change the cord then don`t forget to change it to one that has FUSE because that UK plug has it!
That remainds me - IMPORTANT! - UK plug fuse should be changed to something between 0,5A - 3A fuse because in stock it comes with 13A fuse which is way too much!
http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=talk&thread=8297&page=15#125152

Jan 30, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #471 of 8,309
Quote:
Too intimate? What do you mean by it? With 6922EH it already is very wide & spacious sounding. Too close and unclear? I think by clearer tube you mean that you need more foward & narrower sounding tube because if you take even more wider-sounding tube, vocals will get even more "lost" imho. Rocket logo 6N23P should be more narrow & foward sounding tube than 6922EH. At least reflector logo 6N23P certainly is and when to read internet reviews, rocket one also. But well, ppl hear things differently and maybe its also about K702 paired with Aune T1.

Just comparing to E17. Thats the best I can describe it, but basically with E17 treble +2db the vocals feel clearer and there seems to be more space between the singer and me. But like I said this was only first impression after listening about an hour or two. 6922 sounds great but I'm pretty sure I can find better tube for my taste.

Jan 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #472 of 8,309
Quote:
Even thread starter says following:

I think you bought worng tube if you want even more wider sounding than 6922EH. 

This is because of a personal recommendation from other forumist with K702 annies. The price was 8 dollars for 2 tube + delivery, so I guess its not the end of the world if I don't like the rocket.

Jan 30, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #473 of 8,309
That`s what I like about cheaper tubes - if you don`t like it, just get another one to try. Imagine that you buy a expensive tube (lets say about 70-80$) and then figure out that you don`t like it - not a great feeling ;D 

Haven`t tried K702 with Aune T1 but something tells me that its about those cans paired with T1 that won`t make so spacious & airy soundstage as you want.
With HD-681 mkII + 6922EH its freakingly wide, spacious & airy - in a good way that vocals won`t get too distant.

E:

Originally Posted by CoiL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

E: Btw, if you change the cord then don`t forget to change it to one that has FUSE because that UK plug has it!
That remainds me - IMPORTANT! - UK plug fuse should be changed to something between 0,5A - 3A fuse because in stock it comes with 13A fuse which is way too much!
http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=talk&thread=8297&page=15#125152

That should be also in the first post of the thread! Please update it!

Jan 30, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #474 of 8,309
Quote:
Haven`t tried K702 with Aune T1 but something tells me that its about those cans paired with T1 that won`t make spacious & airy soundstage. With HD-681 mkII + 6922EH its freakingly wide, spacious & airy - in a good way that vocals won`t get too distant.

I think you might very well be right here. Especially because the anniversary editions have memory foam ear pads that allow the drivers to be even closer to your ear. And again don't get me wrong about the sound quality of the 6922. These are just first impressions and coming from E17 with my own EQ settings I just need to get used to the sound first. I think I prefer vocals with E17 and bass / overall tone with T1/6922. If only I could find a tube that combines the best from these both. That would make me a happy man.

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #476 of 8,309
This is seriously low price - bit over half of what I paid for (88€ vs. 169€). Also, that PSU problem? Seriously, Enuma-elis, are you sure you didn`t get ripped off? 
Take a look at my pictures @ rockgrotto and see if everything looks same? -> http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=talk&thread=8297&page=15#125213

Also if you can manage to take a look inside T1 without noticeable damage, do it, just to be sure you aren`t being ripped off with fake product.

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #477 of 8,309
I ordered from that exact seller on Monday. -- Its direct from China.

Its through Alibaba, they are a third party and don't give the seller the payment until I sign off on the delivery.

I still have not gotten shipping notification but it should be anytime now.

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #478 of 8,309
Is there a way you could find out the original seller and if its legitimate official reseller? Not familiar with alibaba. The only way to make sure its fully correct product would be to open it and check the components. If one of you has the gut to do it would be really appreciated! If its real deal, lot of ppl going to save lot of money.

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #480 of 8,309

Users who are viewing this thread

Back