Aune S17 pro
Oct 18, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #92 of 2,480
Last edited:
Oct 18, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #94 of 2,480
The gain.
Which is switched by switches on the bottom of Singxer SA-1.
Ok, thanks. With the S17 the gain change does not change the character and I cannot recall if this was the case with the SA-1.
My Hifiman he6se v2 sounds excellent with S17 on low gain but (in hindsight) was underpowered by the SA-1 in high gain.

Oct 18, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #96 of 2,480
Thanks, is there any reason/advantage of running in A/B (50mA) mode other than ‘reduced heat’ ?
Mostly for sound signature if you can hear them out via your headphones that is. Sound signature as very subjective hence my disclaimer...

Technically Class A is generally associated to be not an efficient design from power consumption perspective but better perceived sound, Class B is efficient than A but introduces a bit more noise than Class A, so AB mode is supposed to be a mix of both giving best of both modes.

How they sound on this amp design and which one you prefer is an subjective preference.

Oct 18, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #97 of 2,480
Got mine yesterday. Bigger than i thought and you don't want to drop one of these on your foot.

57 degrees was the most it got to, which equates to a barely warmish outer case. ( Though UK atm is pretty chilly )

Pleased so far, still 'burning it in' if that is even a thing.

1697641128803.jpg
I like the perforated rack! :thumbsup:

Oct 18, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #98 of 2,480
Mostly for sound signature if you can hear them out via your headphones that is. Sound signature as very subjective hence my disclaimer...

Technically Class A is generally associated to be not an efficient design from power consumption perspective but better perceived sound, Class B is efficient than A but introduces a bit more noise than Class A, so AB mode is supposed to be a mix of both giving best of both modes.

How they sound on this amp design and which one you prefer is an subjective preference.
my typo - Class A is inefficient.

Oct 19, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #100 of 2,480
My Aune S17 pro has arrived!
S17 Pro - первое фото.jpg

I thought to compare it with my Singxer SA-1 and leave the one that will be better.
However, it turned out to be very simple to compare - right out of the box, Aune S17 pro sounds a level better than Singxer.
All of my headphones - Arya, Thekk, DC Ether С Flow received a new sound quality with this amplifier.

Arya sounds completely different now.
Lightness is gone. Increased accuracy. The background on which the music sounds has become much more "dark".
The basses have become better formed and deeper.

While it is warming up, but I am already very happy with the sound.

First impressions:
1. The sound in 100 mA mode is noticeably better than in 50 mA mode.
2. A low gain is quite enough for my headphones Arya, Thekk and DC Ether С Flow. I use them with a volume level of 20-25 units. This is quite enough.
3. The temperature rise stopped and was fixed at 57 degrees. This is a very comfortable temperature to the touch.
4. I have not found how to put this device into sleep mode. It looks like it can only be turned off by a switch located on the back wall.
5. This device gives a great sound!

Oct 19, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #101 of 2,480
Oct 19, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #102 of 2,480
Oct 19, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #103 of 2,480
Today I am a happy man, very impressed…quick thoughts, full bodied and spacious…easily an improvement over the already great headphone amp on the S9c which seems thinner and sibilant at times in comparison…is it worth paying another 700 usd for?? That’s subjective, but i certainly don’t see me using the amp on the S9c any longer, and i actually thought i would…fantastic job Aune!!!
IMG_2836.jpeg

Oct 19, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #104 of 2,480
Today I am a happy man, very impressed…quick thoughts, full bodied and spacious…easily an improvement over the already great headphone amp on the S9c which seems thinner and sibilant at times in comparison…is it worth paying another 700 usd for?? That’s subjective, but i certainly don’t see me using the amp on the S9c any longer, and i actually thought i would…fantastic job Aune!!!
I share your quick thoughts, Aune made a very convincing statement with this product. I’m very happy with my purchase!

… 63 degrees, at what room temperature ? (I have a room temperature of around 21 degrees at which the S17 max out at 57-58 Celsius)
btw did you also notice a larger volume increase/step from 55 to 56 on the volume dial ? (I’m aware that for most headphones you would never have to go near that level, but it is the preferred setting for my Hifiman he6se v2 in low gain)

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2023 at 8:40 PM Post #105 of 2,480
I share your quick thoughts, Aune made a very convincing statement with this product. I’m very happy with my purchase!

… 63 degrees, at what room temperature ? (I have a room temperature of around 21 degrees at which the S17 max out at 57-58 Celsius)
btw did you also notice a larger volume increase/step from 55 to 56 on the volume dial ? (I’m aware that for most headphones you would never have to go near that level, but it is the preferred setting for my Hifiman he6se v2 in low gain)
My room temp is 20 degrees, i don’t have much space between the amp and dac and I’ve been running the amp for about 4 hours now, the dac is even warmer than usual so i think it’s the fact that there stacked that has them a bit warmer, and yes there is a huge jump in volume from 55-56, along with a switching type of sound, but I’m never anywhere near there Ofcorse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back