Aune S17 pro
Nov 18, 2023 at 2:14 PM Post #286 of 2,480
This is a strong statement. Do you own an S17 or is it all guessing and hearsay? ^^

Maybe because is´nt an issue, except for you.

As an example, my S17 has a bigger jump in volume from 40-42 with my AKG 712 Pro, but not with my other HP´s - this
does´nt bother me and this no reason for debating.

The S17 Pro is an stellar amp for his price and it has best sound i´ve heard from HPA´s under 2K.

the debate is over - now enjoy the music

This is a strong statement. Do you own an S17 or is it all guessing and hearsay? ^^

As an example, my S17 has a bigger jump in volume from 40-42 with my AKG 712 Pro, but not with my other HP´s - this

The S17 Pro is an stellar amp for his price and it has best sound i´ve heard from HPA´s under 2K.

You're wrong person. I haven't got that problem 🤣🤣

Nov 18, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #287 of 2,480

Ha the debate is never over. It’s an Internet forum. But you might have Sold me on this amp. So thank you for sharing.

Nov 18, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #288 of 2,480
been thinking of an upgrade of my Violectric v200 for a while and would like to go balanced also.
obvious new upgrade is the new v222, but its £1100.
other options are a used v280 or v281 or this Aune model.
from the few reviews i have seen it does have warm sound signature as the violectrics do.
the price of the Aune is far more appealing.
would love to hear of any comparisons between the 17pro and any of the violectrics mentioned?

Nov 18, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #289 of 2,480
So soundwise it destroys most of the amps

BUT

you have to wait 30 minutes for perfect sound (which is not a problem)
there are only 24 volume steps? Is that correct?

The D70Pro Octo and A70Pro is worse for planars. I think the tuning from Aune is much better for these headphones. But this volume control problem bothers me.

Nov 18, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #290 of 2,480
been thinking of an upgrade of my Violectric v200 for a while and would like to go balanced also.
obvious new upgrade is the new v222, but its £1100.
other options are a used v280 or v281 or this Aune model.
from the few reviews i have seen it does have warm sound signature as the violectrics do.
the price of the Aune is far more appealing.
would love to hear of any comparisons between the 17pro and any of the violectrics mentioned?
Does the V222 count?

https://ichos-reviews.com/aune-s17-pro-review/

Nov 18, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #291 of 2,480

BUT

The D70Pro Octo and A70Pro is worse for planars. I think the tuning from Aune is much better for these headphones. But this volume control problem bothers me.
I have not seen the sound changes as the amp warm up, could be my chain and I surely don't have golden ears.

I don't see any issues on my unit with volume steps, the amp gives 63 steps of increments.

Nov 18, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #292 of 2,480
It may also be that the increase in that range is so minimal that you don't notice it, but it is impossible for it to change in a clear and evident way every 4 steps. At that point, adjusting the DAC volume to variable and not fixed can come to the rescue. But then again, it's not possible for it to swing like this. They are defective units
The increase per 4 steps can be heard but is not big … If you would divide that increase by 4 you need a very delicate hearing to be able to actually hear the increase of each single step (unless you listen to white noise :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #294 of 2,480

BUT

Every amp reach the right temp in half an hour, more or less

Nov 18, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #295 of 2,480
Nov 18, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #297 of 2,480
The users who haver volume control issues tried every combination of single ended/balanced inputs and outputs? Could it be some issue regarding the voltage output of the source used?
I just tried every possible combination RCA, XLR, single ended and balanced outputs, H, L, 50/100mA.
The results are consistent, you only hear an increase per 4 volume steps up till 55, from 56 onwards every step is audible.
… however you have to listen very carefully (using white noise or music with consistent high frequencies) to hear it best, I bet several S17 owners will never notice it.
I also noticed that the volume of RCA and XLR inputs are identical.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #300 of 2,480
I just tried every possible combination RCA, XLR, single ended and balanced outputs, H, L, 50/100mA.
The results are consistent, you only hear an increase per 4 volume steps up till 55, from 56 onwards every step is audible.
… however you have to listen very carefully (using white noise or music with consistent high frequencies) to hear it best, I bet several S17 owners will never notice it.
I also noticed that the volume of RCA and XLR inputs are identical.
So, if I connect the dac via RCA or via XLR is it the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back