Aune S17 pro
Nov 10, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #183 of 2,480
Hello everyone, my first post here after reading a lot.
I'm completely new to the head-fi world, and have a few cheap sets of KZ IEMs and a FiiO BTR7.

I would like to expand in the future, and was thinking about the S17 Pro. As a streamer I want to use my Hifi Rose RS150B, which I also use in my stereo set. I will then connect the RS150B to the S17 with a slightly longer RCA cable. (I use the XLR for my integrated amplifier)

I think this should be fine, right?
Thank you in advance.

Nov 10, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #184 of 2,480
Not much more to say, except, the Aune S17 with MLD II is arrival on stellar sound heaven 4 my ears & my soul<3
Wow, this is a word. Better than Phonitor, Adi and Violectric. Sounds good. But you can't turn it on/off with the remote, the display is always on and there is no loudness difference between 52-55 but at 56 there is the bigger step. Do you know Topping? I wanted to buy the A70D70Pro-Combo but I am not sure because of this Aune amp. So Topping offers more features but the sound quality seems to be more sterile, flat and boring. And in combination with a planar Aune could be the better choice.

My question is: I would use it for connecting it with a TV. Is the display annoying in a dark room while watching movies or not?

Nov 10, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #185 of 2,480
But you can't turn it on/off with the remote, the display is always on and there is no loudness difference between 52-55 but at 56 there is the bigger step. Do you know Topping? I wanted to buy the A70D70Pro-Combo but I am not sure because of this Aune amp. So Topping offers more features but the sound quality seems to be more sterile, flat and boring. And in combination with a planar Aune could be the better choice.

My question is: I would use it for connecting it with a TV. Is the display annoying in a dark room while watching movies or not?

- I hear often very, very loud and i was never higher than 55 on volume, but i will try later to check for issues with that. (used HP´s HD800s, Arya Organic, HD600, AKG 712 balanced mod)

- I know Topping Amps very well and i don´t like this things. The technical side on this units is very good, but the sound lacks emotions and goosebumps for me.(lacks any feelings, sounds sterile and soulless - same for the RME ADI2 fs, technical an amazing product but for enjoying music, not so.

- Display "always On" and "no dimming" on the S17 sucks, that´s true, but i don´t miss a "loudness" function, because the sound of the S17 has insane dynamics, even on very low volume.

- your question:
I would keep the S17 even with 2 bright displays, cause sound is all what matters for me, and the sound on this thing is stellar (4me)
imho, the AUNE S17 pro is like trolling the enthusiast high-end HPA hifi user base with the message "look what we have for you, give the unit a listen, and now look at the price.":gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #186 of 2,480
Any known issues inputting a single-ended DAC and using the balanced headphone out?, I'm always a bit weary of using single-ended DACS (Chord) with balanced amps due to possible loss of quality, I feel that amps like these are really designed to be used fully balanced?

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #187 of 2,480
Any known issues inputting a single-ended DAC and using the balanced headphone out?, I'm always a bit weary of using single-ended DACS (Chord) with balanced amps due to possible loss of quality, I feel that amps like these are really designed to be used fully balanced?
I dont´ know, i had only the RME ADI2 (which i don´t like on any amp) and the Mytek LD II connected on balanced and both worked fine.
But i would bet, even if this is the case with single ended DAC´s, if you hear the sound from the s17, you will gladly go and buy an balanced DAC for it.:darthsmile:

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #189 of 2,480
Has anyone tested preamp mode of this Aune?

Nov 11, 2023 at 7:12 AM Post #190 of 2,480
Has anyone tested preamp mode of this Aune?
yes, It sounds similar to the HP output, but it depends on your, DAC, amp or your active speakers
this means:
- spacious and holografic with enormous 3D staging
- lush and dynamic with breathtaking details and slam

I usually don´t use superlatives, but it is what it is

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #191 of 2,480
is this amp so good? I am using topping a90d but thinking of adding this amp if those two provides different tastes.
Has anyone compared this with usual topping or SMSL sounds?
I know that there are a couple of youtube reviewers covered this topic but wondering if there's a real user's take.

Nov 11, 2023 at 7:53 AM Post #192 of 2,480
is this amp so good? I am using topping a90d but thinking of adding this amp if those two provides different tastes.
Has anyone compared this with usual topping or SMSL sounds?
I know that there are a couple of youtube reviewers covered this topic but wondering if there's a real user's take.
imho, the S17 is stellar. Build like a tank, sounds devine and deserves all the praise it can get.
As i´ve said before, short time after my first listen to the s17(Dire Straits- Sultans of Swing 22/Rem), will never forget this moment btw.,:gs1000smile: i gladly sold my phonitor xe and vio v280fe and til today i have no regrets.
I know Topping and SMSL has their loyal fanbase, so let me put it this way - both don't even play at the same league and not even close to spl- and violectric amps.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #193 of 2,480
imho, the S17 is stellar. Build like a tank, sounds devine and deserves all the praise it can get.
As i´ve said before, short time after my first listen to the s17(Dire Straits- Sultans of Swing 22/Rem), will never forget this moment btw.,:gs1000smile: i gladly sold my phonitor xe and vio v280fe and til today i have no regrets.
I know Topping and SMSL has their loyal fanbase, so let me put it this way - both don't even play at the same league and not even close to spl- and violectric amps.
hmm.. really tempting.
Aliexpress 11.11 sale allows this product to be purchased at under 500$.

Nov 11, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #194 of 2,480
Nov 11, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #195 of 2,480
Show me this offer please!
use the promo code for 100$ discount over 500$ product. You can find 622$ S17pro if you search the product name, then you can get some extra discounts if you have coins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back