Aune M2 | AK4490 Dac | Class A amp | Dual Crystek USA Clocks |
Dec 7, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #691 of 824
Should be getting Aune's newest DAP (the M1s) in soon. LINK to the M1s thread in case you're interested...

Quote:
  Hi all,

I'll be getting the upcoming Aune M1s in for review in the near future and didn't see a thread for it yet, so I thought I'd open one and give you all some info on Aune's latest DAP. I'll add more info and impressions when I get the M1s in...

From Aune:

"The M1s is the world’s first balanced portable DAP with pure native decoding. It comprises of an entirely in-house firmware that is dedicated to your enjoyment in the purest form, which has been perfected over the years with the success of M1, M2, M2 Pro and X5s. Unlike most common Linux-based digital-audio player solutions, Aune believes that a completely in-house developed firmware, written in C language, is the only way of ensuring the best sound quality from its very core. With their in-house ARM + CPLD architecture, and a rewritten DSP for the ESS 9012K2M chip, by bypassing the ASRC system - the M1s supports WAV, FLAC, APE, DSD and ISO up to 32bit/384k, along with DSD128 audio files with cue support in its purest form."

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #692 of 824
So it's been a month now since getting my player back and while it was nice to be reunited I stumbled on a happy marriage of tech. Before three days ago I was usig. The Aune MS2+B1 stack on high current and gain as it was the only way for the Mee Pinnacles to perform with a rounded bottom rather than, light and somewhat flat/ hollow. The caveat with using the B1 on high current,and high gain is around 4 hrs of battery life. Recently when iI didn't pay attention and forrgot to keep track of the battery I found myself in a situation where the B1 had powered off and I had just got one song into my listening session. So, deciding to dish out the Nakamura NXT-2AK out of the closet I decided to test the offering together to see what would come up on critical listening. Now before I had partnered the two very briefly and did not hear too much, it was a quick audition and move on type of deal. Though earlier with my Pcm D100 I had tried it more than a few times and always did not think much of thr pairing. This time after giving it three days to wash over me here's what I can say Ove noticed. The bottom end of thd spectrum has tightened up and is more rounded with slightest bit more oomph. The imaging and instrument separation are much more distinct, clear and centred. Vocals come through more naturally and there is a more natural splash with hi hats. Everything is more engaging and slightly more detailed but not by much. Overall I'm happy as the player is now lighter, more pocketable and overall better on playback performance. Certainly a happy turn of events Does anyone else have any experience with these? For those unfamiliar here is a link http://www.head-fi.org/products/nakamura-aclear-porta-nxt-2ak

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #693 of 824
1..How hard of headphones can you drive with this device? Fostex Mk3 50rp? HIFIMAN HE 400I ?
2. I trying to chose between this model and AK Jr. whichis now only $299? How good has the support been for this device ? 
3. Is the quality and interface smooth ?

I want a MAP that can be well built and play FLAC files /

Thnaks for your thoughts for a beginner. 

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #694 of 824
Dear comrades I need help! 
After I upgraded a firmware of my Aune M2 Pro from 1.22 to PURE2 firmware I has a serious problem. My DAP does not recognize any my numerous micro SD cards (16,64,64,128 Gb). I try four different of it and formatting it to FAT32 and ExFAT many times and did a Restore and Reset operation. But only what I got- its a  "Read TF failed, please reinsert card" message.
As a player can not to read a micro SD card it is not impossible to upgrading a firmware for any other stable version.
Please help me to solve this problem!

Jan 10, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #695 of 824
Dear comrades I need help! 
After I upgraded a firmware of my Aune M2 Pro from 1.22 to PURE2 firmware I has a serious problem. My DAP does not recognize any my numerous micro SD cards (16,64,64,128 Gb). I try four different of it and formatting it to FAT32 and ExFAT many times and did a Restore and Reset operation. But only what I got- its a  "Read TF failed, please reinsert card" message.
As a player can not to read a micro SD card it is not impossible to upgrading a firmware for any other stable version.
Please help me to solve this problem!

Sorry but what is Pure2 firmware?

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #696 of 824
Sorry but what is Pure2 firmware?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/768366/aune-m2/615#post_12909491
It is one of the 1.30 firmware versions.
"there are 3 versions 1.30 base, pure1 and pure 2
version 1.30 base should resolve tags problems (from version 1.22) and is added new CPLD algorithm
pure1 is enhanced for vocals but is compatible with WAV, DFF, ISO, not supported APE, FLAC,MP3 (not tested by me)
pure2 is compatible only for WAV, not supported APE, FLAC,MP3, DFF,ISO (not tested by me)"
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0fEL-KbPZoUM2hzMkM2TEl6ZUE/view

Jan 26, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #697 of 824
M2 is my first DAP, and I'm really liking it so far. It made the music sounds crispier in my subjective opinion. The mids and highs are clearer and the lows deeper.
But unfortunately, what the M2 lacks is battery life. I've found myself charging at least once a day, for 2-4 hours at a time. If only that could be improved..

Jan 26, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #698 of 824
Amplification is pretty good too. The M2 can power up my big, bulky, wooden ATH-W1000x to a decent listening sound, at 70 volume level. And for IEMs (Empire Ears Supra 2, Noble Savant), I can get a comfortable listen, at 60-65 volume.
Also there is no noticeable hiss/background noise, the sound is very clear :)

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #702 of 824
Today we are going to selebrate 1 year from last firmware update for Aune M2 http://en.auneaudio.com/index.php?s=/Home/Article/gjxzhz.html
Nice speed good job, regards from Russia:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back