Aune M2 | AK4490 Dac | Class A amp | Dual Crystek USA Clocks |
Nov 17, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #676 of 824
I was able to get my player and amp back a couple of weeks ago from repair, and have been quite happy having the blue bomber and b1 stack back to provide some sonic bliss. Grabbed that 1.30 update, and while I cannot say there was a big jump sonically from 1.22. Having abc order is very welcomed. Takes care of one of the few grips I had with this player. My review is gonna have to change here in a bit, if they can improve more with file compatibility and get this desktop attachment going with the extra outputs, I am gonna be looking at a winner. How's everyone's players treating them?

Nov 22, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #677 of 824
Sorry if this has been asked before but can someone explain the difference between the filter modes - sharp sd, sharp ld, slow sd and slow ld?

Nov 22, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #678 of 824
Click the review in my sig. I go into that with the help of fellow enthusiasts :) for my personal experience though, I can speak to its effects in this way. The sharp short distortion - short long distortion I tend to use for acoustic or symphonic tracks, where as the slow short distortion - slow long distortion I'll use for more digital sounding sourced instruments from various genres of metal, electronic, amibient progressive and the like. You'll find your own preferences once you start picking out the differences.

Nov 23, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #679 of 824
Click the review in my sig. I go into that with the help of fellow enthusiasts :) for my personal experience though, I can speak to its effects in this way. The sharp short distortion - short long distortion I tend to use for acoustic or symphonic tracks, where as the slow short distortion - slow long distortion I'll use for more digital sounding sourced instruments from various genres of metal, electronic, amibient progressive and the like. You'll find your own preferences once you start picking out the differences.

Thanks mate. I got the player last August and have only been curious on these filters recently. I tried changing them at one time but didn't get any noticeable sq difference so I didn't bother.

Nov 29, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #680 of 824
I got the player 1 month ago and I like for sound quality and power , but I don't understand why don't put the equalization , we are on 2016, it's a basic feature in my opinion because it's a mobile player (for most mobile users), not a device with a lot of stuff before in order to adapt the sound.In my opinion (only for the feature) the fiio x5 II gen it's a device more complete.

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #688 of 824
im having problems right now.
some files doesnt exists.
the folders have NO FILES written on it.

is there a limit in the folder number allowed?
or did i transferred too much files?
also, i noticed that when it read my memory card, it stopped at 55%, sometimes 43% reading only.
maybe its the firmware i used the new one i got from CHINESE website.

from 1.3 i returned back to 1.22 and its still the same.
from 1.22 went back to 1.3
i tried restarting by pushing the small hole in the side.
i tried changing the firmwares.
creating single folder on the base.

im over 200 folders right now, btw.

still.... NO FILES.

this is the fourth time i purchased this aune m2s, because no matter what dap ive tried and owned, i keep coming back for its sound. (ADR, QP1R etc)

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #689 of 824
im having problems right now.
some files doesnt exists.
the folders have NO FILES written on it.

is there a limit in the folder number allowed?
or did i transferred too much files?
also, i noticed that when it read my memory card, it stopped at 55%, sometimes 43% reading only.
maybe its the firmware i used the new one i got from CHINESE website.

from 1.3 i returned back to 1.22 and its still the same.
from 1.22 went back to 1.3
i tried restarting by pushing the small hole in the side.
i tried changing the firmwares.
creating single folder on the base.

im over 200 folders right now, btw.

still.... NO FILES.

this is the fourth time i purchased this aune m2s, because no matter what dap ive tried and owned, i keep coming back for its sound. (ADR, QP1R etc)

This is just a guess. Some of the 1.3 firmwares is wav only.. Is that the one you installed?

I have noticed that if you have the wav only firmware, the folders which contain other formats will be displayed as empty..

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #690 of 824
This is just a guess. Some of the 1.3 firmwares is wav only.. Is that the one you installed?

I have noticed that if you have the wav only firmware, the folders which contain other formats will be displayed as empty..

no. most of my files is 320kbps mp3 only.
they are read in some folders, and some folders that exceeds to the count of 150 has NO FILES in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back