Aune M2 | AK4490 Dac | Class A amp | Dual Crystek USA Clocks |
Mar 5, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #376 of 824
Hey,

i assume the battery last longer simply because you don't have the player on high volume since the B1 is doing the job. Yeah, I still I have to see it for myself later on when I receive mine back. 

As for B1 vs RX3:

They both have more than enough juice to drive full size even planar phones but RX is not for IEM it evidently has noticeable hiss even at low gain.
The major difference between these two that I heard briefly before I returned my B1 was the tonality and the sound stage.
B1 is very transparent, clean and doesn't seem to add anything to the sound. People would expect to get "something" being added onto the sound rather than just being louder, maybe more bass or punchier mix and so on. It really depends on the sound source, if there's no bass to begin with then don't expect you'll get more with B1 maybe .. a smidge. That's why those reviews out there seem to think B1 is a bass light. Once I had Portaphile micro and I felt the same way.
B1 has what I would describe as "inflated sound stage" it is taller but the width and the depth seem to remain the same. It reminds me of RSA Intruder. But Intruder has more depth. B1 mid section feels forward and open. The whole sound stage feels like a giant sphere. But this might be due to the amp and/or the M2s not being burnt yet so I might be mistaken. When the amp is set to + it compares to desktop setup even better.

RX3 is not as transparent as B1 it sound more like a mild tube amp with sweeter mids and heavier low ends which is very calming to the sound and yet powerful. It has better depth and even wider sound stage on balance mode. Instruments have more texture and the separations is more logical to me, meaning it resembles a live performances. This amp rivals the desktop setups.
If you're interested in hearing the balance mode on M2S and you're using IEM you should look for Cypher Labs Duets or RSA Intruder/71B. It is a better amp for full size and also IEM, no hiss !

Mar 5, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #377 of 824
Thanks for the feedback Skyfall. 
I will say as well that when having the Aune brick together I do make sure to turn the volume down all the way on the M2S. So maybe that helps the slightest. Either way I'm more curious to see exactly how long the battery is lasting. Monday when I go into work I'll time it and see what we get.

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #378 of 824
I finally had a chance to run M2S paired with B1at vol 85/100 all day and the battery last for 7 hrs. The more you turn on or play with the screen the faster it goes down.

Did you guys know that on the lock mode you can shuffle/skip songs by pressing the vol button ? It's very handy when the player is inside your pocket.

Mar 9, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #380 of 824
After giving a good listening session to the M2S today with some olafur arnalds I'm completely convinced at the synergy with the two. First off P1 really isn't any slouch. I was curious as to just how well they would handle different genres, as well as overall sonic character. They do both well, almost too well given the price they're being listed for I feel. I have limited experience with higher end equipment and would honestly consider this my first high end IEM purchase (let the laughs start and end here). However I feel calling these a jack o' all trades wouldn't be too much from the truth. Additionally where you might ultimately have to sacrifice something for the sound to be a jack of all trades, in this case I really cannot see/hear any detractors. Screaming guitar, the timbre of cello strings, the dancing of the piano keys, ALL very accurately reproduced.

What really does it for me after getting the tips down, (had previously forgone the complys, did not like the triple flange, and had bout spiral dots (M,ML,L) now back to stock large.) is the four filter adjustments.
Im not sure if I am just blessed with some sensitive ears or what but MAN, the filter settings in conjunction with the IEMs are awesome. Im not gonna say it gives anything like the Plenue p1 in terms of flexibility. BUT MAN!!!! with only FOUR filter settings I can realistically fit into any genre like Tetris (with twice the fun) if you'll humor me :D
I find the P1 with the filters can easily go from balanced/neutral to warm/musical. Be aware of the expectations placed on the filters. They are there, they are four total, while they DO help with fitting your headphones/IEM into the music the differences if your not actively listening will be lost on you but they are there. So take that for what it is. Other owners feel free to share your experiences.

One thing to be aware of is while I do enjoy good strong bass, Im not one who will sacrifice overall quality or presentation for power/quantity. Others in the p1 thread have mentioned it provides a good foundation for the lower end to build off of. Again with said filters I believe this foundation is more than good. With the B1 now we're really talking. With extra push the sub bass fills out, mids become sweeter and the splash of the hi hats are natural and lacking any sibilance.

If your on the fence on the P1, don't be. Get it now and enjoy. For the price you cannot go wrong. MEE in my eyes are really cool for GIVING something back to the community. If your curious about the M2, at least step up to the pro is what I would say.

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #381 of 824
Thank you. I got P1 since February so I know iems very well. Reading some reviews I pulled a trigger on Aune M2 today. I know electronics a little and personally I dont believe that difference between NDK and Cristek oscillators would be very audible - both are fantastic in my opinion. Unless there is no more changes I couldnt justify spending a lot more money for such upgrade.

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #382 of 824
No worries, on which ever version you get as I feel Aune really looked out for their fans with this release. It really only makes me more excited for what could be eventually the M3.

Either way, no lie I was considering buying another DAP just to start my own reviews and comparisons. However, with a few other life considerations mostly the happiness of the quality of build and sound leaves me wanting very little else to pursue. It killed the drive. However keeping a lookout for a higher tier of IEM/headphone is another possibility. So far weighing between Dita answer or the Zen 2.0 black edition. Open to suggestions

Mar 10, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #383 of 824
  Thank you. I got P1 since February so I know iems very well. Reading some reviews I pulled a trigger on Aune M2 today. I know electronics a little and personally I dont believe that difference between NDK and Cristek oscillators would be very audible - both are fantastic in my opinion. Unless there is no more changes I couldnt justify spending a lot more money for such upgrade.

Hey Congrats,
waiting for your impressions soon.

Sometime I wonder if M2 sounds just as good as M2S maybe a bit refinement but not so much. Anyway I'm happy with this DAP as it has the quality that I've never heard before in a world of DAP. The transparency is on Par with Hugo and that says a Lot !

@ExpiredLabel

I am not IEM guy but have you heard Radius HP-TWF11 , it seems to shake the IEM market with it's uniquely impressive sound and affordability. This makes me wanna try IEM.
The only IEM i was impressed with in terms of texture and super solid bass that sounds very close to LCD 2.2 pre fazor is Layla.

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #388 of 824
Use a card reader connected to your pc to transfer music to your microsd card. AFAIK, direct file transfer to the device (which has no internal memory btw) is not possible...

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #389 of 824
So I need to buy microSD card and card reader :D
So what for are th​ose 32GB of memory. Th​ere are some samples already and th​ere is folder for music - I dont understand. Can anyone explain it to me? I never h​ad DAP (only Sony NWZ long time ago)

edit: card is alrady inside. how to take it out?

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #390 of 824
So with a microSD card insert it into a SDcard adapter for the computer. If your desktop/laptop has the port, it should be just as easy as formatting it into FAT32 firstly, then dragging and dropping the music files you want into the folder.
Keep in mind that there at the moment is ONLY folder view, so keep that in mind.

If you happen to lack a adapter and slot on your setup, then you can always use a cellphone as a transport, just keep in mind some devices might create files, so be aware

Users who are viewing this thread

Back